Actual Windows - Farmhouses by (Majk360)

TechAngel85

How does this affect Visible Windows?

Since this is only farmhouses, it seems premature. It might be best to see what all of the conflicts will entail to avoid complexities or evolving incompatibilities.

Visible Windows is a texture mod so this obviously overwrites those textures. That is the only conflict of concern in STEP atm. SMIM patch is provided so that's not an issue.

That is what I thought ... it seems like this one needs to develop further so that all windows are affected for the sake of consistency. There are also the transparency issues and other tweaks that the user community will invoke as the mod develops (if it even develops to completion)

• 3 months later...

Regardless if this hasn't expanded beyond farmhouses yet, I've had it installed in my personal playthrough for a long while now and it is a special touch that is great. You never notice that something like this is missing until you have it installed.

I'm voting yes on this one.

@TechAngel85. I have decided to give this mods a shot. Question: The installer under 3. Patches gives the choice of installing patches for "No Snow Under the Roof" or "Better Dynamic Snow" (now part of the Ruffled Feather mod), but not both. I use both those mods, but I cannot choose both. Do I run the installer twice to get both?

• 3 weeks later...

It does sound like a great idea for windows in general, but I agree that the fact that it's limited to farmhouses lessens the usability of the mod - the farmhouse windows thus become pretty inconsistent with the windows of other buildings in this way.  If anything, farmhouses should have the cheapest windows that aren't so nice and clear, versus some other wealthier building windows that would be of finer quality.

It includes only meshes and textures, so it doesn't bother me as much as it does others that it doesn't include all windows yet. It certainly improves the windows that are currently included.

Doesn't bother me one bit either. Where do you normally see farmhouse windows next to a "fancy" window anyway? The mod author has plans to expand the mod, but he has to edit the building meshes and add cube maps for each and every one...there's a lot of builds in Skyrim! I certainly wouldn't want that task.

That's why I stated, "Regardless if this hasn't expanded beyond farmhouses...". I wanted it to be judged by it's own merit, not on it's "completeness". Which the consensus seems to be that everyone likes it, but the only reason not to use it is because it's not expanded to all or the majority of Skyrim yet. This is odd to me because if you look at mods like Relighting Skyrim which have been around for a very long time but only recently have been "completed" you see the opposite. Thousands of people used it even though it wasn't completed yet. Granted those types of mods started out with more; however, I think covering the farmhouses is a great start.

But isn't coherence worth something though ? I think by installing this as it currently is, you're certainly getting a visual and immersion improvement but you're also giving up uniformity between the different windows, so the question is, do you feel that the vanilla opaque windows look terrible and unimmersive, or do you think that it's fixing something that isn't broken ? That answer is the user's opinion. Personally I used to hate the opaque windows but I got used to it in the end, I don't mind them but I also like this mod.

Edited by crime_syndicate

• 3 weeks later...