ENB problem.. HELP!!

You mean ENB is preventing you from running from Steam? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, if I have the ENB installed, it will crash the vanilla unmodded game running from Steam. It's the truth, I didn't make this all up.

I took everything I could out of memory (I'll put a screen shot of my task manager up). I have the basic ini's and ENB install that was recommended previously. Still it CTD's. And yeah, it's getting frustrating cos I love this game and I've been thinking of just unintstalling it for good. I dunno...

Edited by Reurecdead

Yeah, if I have the ENB installed, it will crash the vanilla unmodded game running from Steam. It's the truth, I didn't make this all up.

I took everything I could out of memory (I'd put a screen shot of my task manager up but it won't let me). I have the basic ini's and ENB install that was recommended previously. Still it CTD's. And yeah, it's getting frustrating cos I love this game and I've been thinking of just unintstalling it for good. I dunno...

Others have said similar but with more words... don't run ANY external game boosting programs. At all. Terminate them before starting the game and don't run them before starting the game. They might messing something up in some weird way you don't know. If you need to free up memory, use Task Manager and do it manually.

Update your video drivers (or downgrade. I'm not an Nvidia user but I know 314.22 drivers have always worked well with ENB, even though they're old.) Also, even though it worked before, do this - make sure DirectX 9.0c is installed properly. Even though you may have DirectX 11, it doesn't mean you have DX9. Here's the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Then, try running the game. Remember NO GAME BOOSTERS of ANY sort. 99% of the time it's an external program causing issues. If it's STILL not working, try using the injector version of ENB and see if that works.

The problem is always fixable... it's just annoying sometimes.

Edited by Jafin16

Hey thanks, I've been considering trying an inhjector enb but i hadn't considering downlgrading my video drivers (tho if it were driver based I'd think we'd hear more about it cos my drivers are always current and I havent seen any similar complaints around lately). Tho, like I said before, I ran it with the Game Booster and the enb a number of times BEFORE it stopped working. I've tried both ways, with and without and neither make a differece. I've run enbs plenty of times in the past and have had to do a lot of my own troubleshooting but I never ran into a problems so mind bending, cos I've tried so much on my own, tried info from other places not only this forum. Ah well, I appreciate your help just the same.

PS - Direct X 9c downloaded, tested and wasn't the issue.

Edited by Reurecdead
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.