T3nd0's Perkus Maximus (by T3nd0)

hellanios

Thanks for the reply, but it doesn't really answer my question. LOOT itself states in no uncertain terms that is not the end-all-be-all and that you always have to tweak some esp positions. If that's the case, how true are the assertions made in the PerMa suggested load order? I mean claims like "all stuff that adds items/spells goes before CCOR and after Cutting Room Floor". Because that rule seems logical, if you think about what CCOR does.

However, if I use LOOT with STEP CORE and it's associated user-created meta rules, I get item mods all over the place. But if I try to fix that with new meta rules, I get other mods at weird places in the load order due to the rules STEP already had me add. However, in contrast with the suggested load order from PerMa, I don't see the merit in several of the meta rules that STEP mandates. See my example in the previous post. There might be reasons but I haven't found any explanations for them yet.  So how important are those STEP meta rules, really, and should I overwrite them to adhere to PerMa suggestions for load order?

Our meta rules are necessary. PerMa is giving basic suggestions, mostly because not everyone is using the same methodology for sorting plugins as of late. In reality, a load order can be perfectly fine with the "mods at weird places." Since LOOT has looked into PerMa from the sounds, you should be generally safe following it + our rules, except, perhaps, the STEP Patches. The only real way of knowing for sure is to look it up in TES5Edit. The example of BetterQuestObjectives and aMidianBornContentAddon is definitely a necessary rule, which I personally researched myself.

Our meta rules are necessary. PerMa is giving basic suggestions, mostly because not everyone is using the same methodology for sorting plugins as of late. In reality, a load order can be perfectly fine with the "mods at weird places." Since LOOT has looked into PerMa from the sounds, you should be generally safe following it + our rules, except, perhaps, the STEP Patches. The only real way of knowing for sure is to look it up in TES5Edit. The example of BetterQuestObjectives and aMidianBornContentAddon is definitely a necessary rule, which I personally researched myself.

Thanks for the reply. I'll continue with the STEP load order then, and see where it takes me.

Thanks for the reply. I'll continue with the STEP load order then, and see where it takes me.

With a modlist that includes mods such as PerMa, conflict resolution is absolutely required, so you'll have to get into Tes5Edit and figure out conflicts anyway. That should give you some good hints on load order :D

Does anyone know if the Heavy Weaponry perks that reference 'all bladed weapons' (Open Wound) and 'all piercing weapons' (Heart Seeker) and such really apply to all of them and thus also giving Light Weapons a boost (like how Heavy Weapon Combat and Light Weapon Combat stack together), or just Heavy Weapons?

HI SolSeptem

I did the same as you have done with the meta rules via STEP I also did the Perma load order. I think you might be taking Raulfin to literally vs. his first statement? or I don't understand? anyways I hope your game is working.

PerkusMaximus_Master.esp

PerMa Expansion 1 - Wintermyst.esp
PerkusMaximus_Mage.esp
PerkusMaximus_Thief.esp

PerkusMaximus_Warrior.es 

3. Make sure the patch (PatchusMaximus.esp) loads after any PerMa module, and that the master loads before everything else.

Done!

raulfin

""The load order is only compared to PerMa and its modules, it's not intended to reflect the mods proper load order, check the individual mods page for more info on its specific load order. Mods in gold are from PerMa. Mods in green are from PCaPP."

• 2 weeks later...

his don't know if this has been asked, but i ask again anyway. Does anyone know if the SUM mod is compatible with Patchus maximus, Dual Sheath Redux, ASIS and Automatic Variants?

Yes it is.  So long as you use the 1.3+ version of SUM, it will work with the others perfectly.

Do not use the Merge option though.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it a bit disingenuous that PerMa has a 'SkyrimGems' logo on the description page. That site has been down for months and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been taking additions for many more months than PerMa has existed.

Surely the mod is good enough to stand on its own merit than try to sway a few less-savvy readers with 'non-existent endorsements'.

That's enough of me being petty for the day. I'm off to pick up my daughter from the airport.