Changing where NPCs go when dismissed

monk56

As a newcomer to Fallout New Vegas, I want to thank the author for their work on the Fear and Loathing Guide. I found the guide well written and easy to follow. Good Job!

After playing the game for a bit I found myself wanting to get my follower(s) to stay at my home in Goodsprings ( the schoolhouse from the “Afterschool Special†mod ). I didn’t see an option to do this so I went looking for a mod. The only thing I could find was “Follower Home Markerâ€. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to let me send the follower to the place that I set.

Does anyone have experience with the “Follower Home Marker†or any other mod that sets where a NPC goes when dismissed?

The followers can have home set by C&CC. You have to bring up the follower's individual menu by clicking 'K' when the command icon is up. (check the MCM menu for the hotkey)

When in their individual menu you can set their home if you are in that place, so go to the school house and set it.

The implementation in JIP's mod is buggy at the moment, at least for me. Followers just stand still when I tell them to return to the custom location. It works fine with ED-E, but I still keep his perk as if he's still following me, and get random comments regarding my robot companion.

Thank you for the replies.

I tried using JIP to direct the follower(s) to a pre-defined location using JIP’s Companion Settings Panel. This particular feature of JIP is unpredictable for me.

I did my testing with two followers, Veronica and Cassidy, at the schoolhouse in Goodsprings. Both NPCs had “Set Home Marker†set inside the schoolhouse and “Go to Home Marker†issued outside the schoolhouse in Goodsprings. My results after several iterations follow :

• The follower just stands there and looks at me after being told to go home.
  • The follower goes home and the player icon has an “x†in the Companion Bar.
  • The follower goes home and the player icon in the Companion Bar disappears ( getting the NPC to follow you again will not put the icon back in the Companion Bar ).
  • When a NPC does go home, they just stand frozen in one position.

Re-testing this many times did not reveal a pattern.

JIP is an excellent mod but this feature is not reliable.