changing masterfiles within MO for creation kit not possible?

xwhiteninjax

Question

new to MO and trying to learn...

first - the game is running from another drive (e:\), MO has a seperate directory within "modding-tools" and playing, viewing is all good - FNIS, creation kit (after putting the missing ID in)... all seems to be perfectly installed - even RCRN with ENB 0.264 is running between 40 - and 300 FPS...

All following programs were activated within MO

Now I tried to change some mods within CK... simply want to put a playerchest with different amor/weapons, some modified spells/-books into it..

1) looked into TessVEdit for being sure, all mods are loading well

2) changed masterfiles in TessVEdit (adding amormods to "start another life")

3) looked with Wrye Bash if the changes were made (they were)

4) CK loading window showed the changed masterfiles, too

5) building the chest, putting it into "abandonned prison" - saving

6) looked into overview and moved the (changed?) "anotherlive.esp" to the original directory

7) started the game.... found the chest... but only items from skyrim.esm, dragonborn.esm or dawnguard.esm were in it

missing the armor from other mods (new masterfiles)

now I checked the file in CK again ... only the old masterfiles...

Maybe I tried the wrong way, messing up with the "virtual scheming style" of MO... need a hint how to do it or similiar task with CK

Thanks for reading

WhiteNinja

P.S: Found a "working" solution - not sure if it is the right way

changed the wanted (armor)-mods into "esm" within Wrye Bash (copy to .esm)

activated the new .esm inside the pluginlist of MO

opened CK and did the wanted changes inside "start another life.esp" - saving

back to Wrye Bash, changing the new masterfile.esm of the "anotherlife.esp" back to the original mod.esp

going into "overwrite" and got the new "anotherlife.esp" drawing it into the mod-directory

deactivated the "false.esm's" inside plugin-list from MO (and deleting them afterwards)

starting the new game I found the chest and all items from several other armor-mods (for example lustmord, blackscrament ... and some other) inside the chest

not elegant - but working - so far... open for suggestions and other solutions

Edited by xwhiteninjax

2 answers to this question

You have to first open the mod you want to have as your “Master File†in wrye and right click on it and select “Esmify self†and close wrye.

Start the CK and select your master file and make your edits. Save your new ESP when done.

When you are finished editing, start Wrye and click the file you Esmified and right click “Espify self†to return the file back to an ESP.

This needs to be done each time you want to modify your mod.

sorry if I am a little slow in understanding, being of age for myself...

My understandig is, that there are several layers for editing... first .esm (world- or modewide) and .esp (meaning... one esp can't edit another inside CK but is able to overwrite features during loadorder inside the game - similiar to the virtual tree inside MO ) Edits inside an old or new mod won't be permanent even you are loading other .esp at the same time inside CK - only changes from .esm

So I was looking for a solution to create new or change old .esp permanantly with items, spells and so on from others - don't want do create realy new things... simply gathering... for example creating new outfits with mixing lustmord, blacksacrament, sottetta... or creating new races with combiniing features from others... and that I couldn't do in editiing only one .esp... but giving the one .esp new masterfiles (like I did with my working solution) I had only to change or create one .esp.... and the changes are mode-wide for all others