Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Version 2.4 published (yes i know step is about 1.87)

* trunks on treepineforest05 and 02 are now approx 50% reduced in width. This should fix the problem with the trees appearing floating above ground in slopes.

* Collision has been updated on treepineforest05 and 02

* Removed the low poly branches on treepineforest02 and replaced them with 2D branches that instead are more detailed (doesnt look like tooth picks like before).

* updated vurt_PineAtlas04.dds (new pine needles)

* updated bark for green pines (repeating pattern should be less obvious)

* Lupins are now slightly shorter and less "in your face" (as requested by a few people)

CHANGELOG (file: Skyrim Flora Overhaul v2.5)

* v2.5 works great with Opethfeldt ENB, the green pines were especially tweaked for this ENB

* Lupins are now animated (thank you FlintStryker)

* More variations of Lupins (blue + white)

* 1 new flower

* Better LOD's for green pines

* New texture for green pine needles

* Improved bark for the Scots Pine (less blurry)

* Cabbage has better color

* various other stuff i dont remember :D

The latest changelog from Vurt's Flora Overhaul.   :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a question related to the HQ version of this mod (The 1.87 version of the STEP guide) :

What shall I select in order to get a HQ version ?

I have open the archive "LOD Basic Edition" (Which is supposed to be the HQ version from my point of view) but its content is a unique file "textures\terrain\tamriel\trees\tamrieltreelod.dds"

This file shall be deleted (or hide) from the archive according to the detailled instructions. --> https://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Flora_Overhaul#Recommendations

According to this, could you tell me what is the HQ version of this mod please ? (or delete the HQ tag from the guide)

Hmm. Should we come up with easy to follow instructions for installing v2 should someone want higher quality trees or the latest version of the mod? Right now, there are none provided.

No, I don't think we need to do that. The other versions are not part of the baseline install which is what the instructions are laid out for.

I do think we should reevaluate the newer versions though (for Extended).

• 1 month later...

If we re-evaluate the newer versions, I noticed Vurt uploaded a 2k texture pack compatible with any version of SFO 2.0+. Should get better performance than with some of the 4k trees in the original file.

Well, SFO 2.0+ is twice as laggy as the 1.87 one. The textures might help, but not much

Edited by Fantomax