Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

Yet another new version.

Changelog (v1.73):

mountain flowers (purple, red, blue)

fixed dark vertex coloring of the tundra texture

tundramosstest01.dds

fieldgrass02.dds (ground texture to fit my grasses)

better frost bush mesh

darker LOD pines

some tweaks to the .esp

probably more stuff

I agree, his looks better, they also represent the ingredient better i believe, kinda sloppy of me to not check how it looked before i made mine, i thought it was supposed to have those ball-like flowers, the beth texture kinda looked like those.

Any recommendations where i should place reeds (cell name would be very helpful)

Posted Image

Could look nice in some spots maybe (i just dropped them off to test my new mesh this area, not sure they actually fit there).

For the reeds, what about Lake Ilinalta, Lake Honrich, and maybe Lake Geir (near Ivarstead)? There should be quiet spots away from rapids in all three of these lakes, and the reeds seem more appropriate in the southern lakes rather than the colder regions to the north.

I like the idea of lilly pads and reeds. Definitely, they belong in still, shallow water wherever it is warm enough (they are temperate seasonal plants). Duck weed in these areas would also be nice (it just looks like a lime-green speckled covering over very still water around reed base and lilly pads).

I will try to get all of your new material downloaded and installed tonight (probably early morning for you though) ... then throw some more images up for compare.

I think I have all of STEP textures installed now, so I should have the necessary aesthetic backdrop aside from pure vanilla.

The 1.75 compares are up, and this latest version has very little not to be happy about.

Great trees ... snowy, half-snowy, green pines, aspens, bushes, brush, grass .... all look fantastic now (with tip-top LODs to match). Last thing on my wish list is adopting some of the old, swampy barks reminiscent of vanilla and TreesHD, especially on the cypress trunks (the big, ropy, thick ones)

This post has evidence to support dropping Lush Trees (in addition to Lush Grass) from SFO. LT could become relevant again, it it is made to accommodate the variety of SFO trees instead of making them all 20% taller and fuller. I would like to see dead pines, short pines tall, etc.

The 1.75 compares are up, and this latest version has very little not to be happy about.

Great trees ... snowy, half-snowy, green pines, aspens, bushes, brush, grass .... all look fantastic now (with tip-top LODs to match). Last thing on my wish list is adopting some of the old, swampy barks reminiscent of vanilla and TreesHD, especially on the cypress trunks (the big, ropy, thick ones)

This post has evidence to support dropping Lush Trees (in addition to Lush Grass) from SFO. LT could become relevant again, it it is made to accommodate the variety of SFO trees instead of making them all 20% taller and fuller. I would like to see dead pines, short pines tall, etc.

You're right. Nothing not to like. Vurt, your work is amazing!

PS...I do believe you're missing or changed your rock texture as well in those last comparisons, Z.

You're right. Nothing not to like. Vurt, your work is amazing!

PS...I do believe you're missing or changed your rock texture as well in those last comparisons, Z.

Yes, I noticed that too. It looks like I had AOF mountains installed in those runs .... :? ... Vanilla in every other respect