Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

No need - move the SFO billboards to load as far down on the mod list as possible (at the least, it needs to be after the Step Compilation), then re-run DynDOLOD. What's happening is that the Compilation is overwriting the billboard files with vanilla variants, so you get vanilla LOD right up until you are close, which is why the SFO appears to 'pop' in. Make sure you run the full process - texgen and LOD portions both - IAW the guide instructions.

I will give that a try. Thank you for giving me an insight on how these billboards work.

EDIT: On that note, should I think of the STEP Compilation as a sort of billboard?

Edited by Tykune

By load order, do you mean simply drag Skyrim Flora Overhaul and the SFO Billboards down right below Tree HD in the left panel of MO?

While it sounds like you already have it figured out, I'll post a reply for the sake of anyone else who might see this thread in the future.  Yes, you can drag Trees HD before SFO or drag SFO after Trees HD.  As an alternative, you could also use the patch that I linked to and retain the STEP-recommended order.

Edited by federation25

While it sounds like you already have it figured out, I'll post a reply for the sake of anyone else who might see this thread in the future.  Yes, you can drag Trees HD before SFO or drag SFO after Trees HD.  As an alternative, you could also use the patch that I linked to and retain the STEP-recommended order.

I use the Step Recommended order, with SFO 2.5b before Trees, and have no issues. What is the supposed issue with this?

Alright, it seems to have fixed the issue I was having, partially. There is no longer a smaller tree that magically changes to a taller tree, but it seems that in the same distance when I get close, the LOD seems to change drastically from lower detail to higher detail, which then causes noticable studders and fps drops. Is there any way to remedy this by allowing the higher detail to load further out?

Edited by Tykune

Alright, it seems to have fixed the issue I was having, partially. There is no longer a smaller tree that magically changes to a taller tree, but it seems that in the same distance when I get close, the LOD seems to change drastically from lower detail to higher detail, which then causes noticable studders and fps drops. Is there any way to remedy this by allowing the higher detail to load further out?

Yep. It's in the INI settings. You should just run BethINI, if you have not already. BethINI will be replacing the entire INI section in the next Guide release so you can get a head start by using it now.

I use the Step Recommended order, with SFO 2.5b before Trees, and have no issues. What is the supposed issue with this?

Like I stated in the previous comment, when you reach a certain distance the LOD tends to switch rather noticably. Much like this here: https://youtu.be/TGJ0yzNR0xA

I am looking for a way to get the range that occurs pushed back a bit further.

Yep. It's in the INI settings. You should just run BethINI, if you have not already. BethINI will be replacing the entire INI section in the next Guide release so you can get a head start by using it now.

BethIni? I'll have to look into that.

well, there are a couple issues I've caught that do not quite make BethINI just a click preset and save. The first being that if you are using SFO, you have to go over to Visuals and manually set Grass Diversity up to 7 (It stays at 3 even on Ultra). To match the ini recommendations on Step, you have to use the Ultra preset (As anything lower does not meet the recommended setting for uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender, iMaxDecalsPerFrame, iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame.)

My one and only question is that if I am using ENBoost, shouldn't Anisotropic Filtering automatically be put to None?

Like I stated in the previous comment, when you reach a certain distance the LOD tends to switch rather noticably. Much like this here: https://youtu.be/TGJ0yzNR0xA

I am looking for a way to get the range that occurs pushed back a bit further.

*shrug* As I said - I use the Step recommended lineup and am not seeing any pop-in like that. But then, I also had my INI settings adjusted before I even started dropping mods in, so that may very well be the issue, like Tech has suggested.

Never said it would be, but happy to see you could figure out a few things. :;): I think most of us are using the Ultra preset. Even if can't run it on Ultra, you can tweak what you need to get it to where you'd like. You'll have to tweak AF setting to whatever you are using as it only auto detects full ENB Presets. If you're using the driver or ENB AF, then turn it off. Else you can leave it on and use the game's AF. Overall they're all pretty much identical. I personally use the driver AF. You should also tick the "Recommended Tweaks" box, if you haven't already.

Most of the settings have a helper in the status bar as to what the settings doe, but DY should really create a manual for this tool.

I tried adjusting the tree settings in the Visual tab, but it still seems to cause this LOD pop-in effect at the same distance. I think the only difference it made was that trees appear further off away in general, but I have a general theory for what I am seeing.

I believe that it is me entering the cell which is then loading the actual tree, but what makes it noticable is that the LOD looks different from the actual tree. And then coupled with the sudden drop in FPS when the actual tree pops right in, is what makes it noticed. I wouldn't mind it too much if it weren't for the sudden FPS drops though, so if there was any way to mend that, it would be super.