Recently, Z and I did some testing ( testing results are here and the post following it ) regarding user complaints of vsync and iPresentInterval settings. This testing revealed a couple things:
- iPresentInterval has no affect when placed in the SkyrimPrefs.ini. It belongs in the Skyrim.ini file under the [Display] section. In other words, when setting iPresentInterval=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini, there is no impact, but doing the same in Skyrim.ini disables vsync.
- iPresentInterval should always be set to 1; its default
- set iPresentInterval=0 in the SkyrimPrefs.ini file
- This is incorrect and erroneous on our part
should be present in neither the Skyrim.ini nor the SkyrimPrefs.ini file Please delete it from both INIsShould be added to Skyrim.ini under [Display] as iPresentInterval=1
- Set vsync in the video drives to "application controlled" for your card
- see updated instructions below for both AMD and Nvidia users
- Enable vsync in the enblocal.ini file for ENBoost
The new recommendation is to add iPresentInterval to the Skyrim.ini files. Users can view the updated instructions for ENBoost here and go here for the video card drivers. ALL users should update by following the new instructions to ensure their game and system are set up properly for STEP.
The Changelog has been updated to reflect all changes as well as all applicable Guides.