Help - No Magicka

Toovey

Question

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing my Magicka to be constantly drained and unable to regenerate (potions etc. do nothing). I've checked active effects and there's nothing in there that indicates why.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks,

Eric

I was basically running step core + perma. I made a copy of the profile and am disabling mods and testing it. No luck yet, still zero Magicka.

I checked active effects, while I had iNeed I was "slightly thirsty" so had 20% reduced regen on health, stamina and magicka. But it still remained completely drained. Since then I have disabled iNeed and it still won't regen.

Which bug are you talking about Hishutup?

Thanks

Oh ok, this was a new game, and I've had zero Magicka from the moment I got control of my character after alduins attack at helgen.

The only reason I noticed, was that I was using iHud and the Magicka bar wouldn't disappear. Then I ralised it was empty and not regenerating.

When I went into the skills tab I saw that my Magicka was set to -75. So I've used the console command "player.setav magicka 100" to set it back to 100. It's kind of worked. My Magicka is back to 100 but the regen is still a little funny. It seems if I use Magicka and it gets below a certain threshold it won't regenerate. But if I take a potion to get back above the threshold it regenerates again.

I have no idea what's going on haha.

I made a character in the default profile of MO (as it has no mods enabled). I got into helgen keep and my Magicka seemed fine. I tansferred that save to my modded profile and while all the mods were being registered the Magicka drained down to -75.

I haven't verified the integrity of the game cache as of yet. I was just getting by with the console command to reset it to 100 as I'm playing an archer at the moment, so I don't have a huge need for Magicka. Still annoying though.

I appreciate all the help so far guys.

...I got into helgen keep and my Magicka seemed fine. I tansferred that save to my modded profile and while all the mods were being registered the Magicka drained down to -75...

This would seem to indicate the problem is not with any vanilla assets or code but rather with how one or more of your mods is working, or more importantly - not working.

I would agree with @hishutup that it is most likely a scripting error, possibly based on an incorrect order.

ModA thinks it is after ModB and therefore nerfs the magicka to be at the correct level, because it thinks ModB boosted it. ModB did nothing however and ModA's nerfing gives a negative result.

That is of course a highly simplified description of what I reckon is happening, but you get the picture.

If you are unsure as to which mods are doing what to your magicka then unfortunately you will have a long effort deactivating them and checking.

Keep in mind if it is script related even after deactivating the mod that is causing the trouble, there might still be scripts in the save you are using. That may mean you remove the culprit and load the save and have the same problem even though the offending mod is removed. Not a pleasant scenario I'm afraid.

Do you think PerMa could be the cause? I was getting the "null value" error whenever I ran the patcher.

I might try run the default save I made with the modded profile without PerMa when I get home from work and see what happens.

...yes...

Why didn't you mention any errors in the patchers?

That usually a sign that its messed up in some way.

I haven't used perma but errors usually result in broken references

Uncheck all the patchers from bashed patch onward and report back if that changed the current save's state.

At this point in time I an familiar with perma...