Dragon Age: Origins Mods?

phazer11

So I'm going to either do a new game of DA:O or try converting a save from my PS3 to my PC and was wondering if there were any must have mods? I think there's a memory issue or something. Any details? Also is MO compatible (I know MO isn't compatible with Mass Effect)?

Note:

I wouldn't use the Large Address Aware (LAA) tool that Neo says to use. Personally, I've had a lot of issue with that tool and it causes games to crash. While writing my Guide for Mass Effect, I discovered a far better and safer way; editing the executable yourself. Just follow my instructions on my Mass Effect Guide here: https://wiki.step-project.com/User:TechAngel85/MassEffect#Texture_Hacking_.28Easy_Dencryption.29

Nope, I have Origins and have been wanting to play it agin (I've never completely finished the game/story and really really want to), but I just don't have the time right now. Other projects are calling up my free time and demanding to hang out (ENBSeries INI Guide, STEP Female Overhaul, STEP Lighting Pack). I'd like to finish my second playthrough of XCOM as well. First one was vanilla game, the second is slightly modded and on a harder setting. That game is addicting!

Last I messed around with it then the majority of mods where just textures and a few meshes. The gameplay itself is more or less solid. There are a few rebalance mods that might be worth it, but overall that is a matter of how difficult you want the game to be. 

It doesn't work with the Steam version of Mass Effect. I have a notice of this at the top of my Guide. It only works with the Origin version. My Dragons Age is also Origin rather than Steam. I should note that I haven't actually tested it for Mass Effect on the Origin version...I was just told it would work.

There is a workaround for Steam, but you basically have to stop Steam from phoning home and run in Offline mode: https://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Steam_and_mods

I think the naked NPC issues are due to some problems with ia 2.0, do you have hotfix 5 installed from the forum sticky? Seems other users have issues with other NPCs in this latest ver (bad timing). NBAIO can be removed if nakedness is an issue for you.. Then it should show std underwear in any case.

As a reference naked npc occurs when the NPC UTC file points at a bad armor path.

No I do not did not notice the sticky I'll download it and try it out as soon as skydrive allows me to. I forgot to check I was busy trying to figure out if I installed JB3's textures because things like the quality of the armors were bugging the heck out of me and I'm not sure it's working. Did you look at the album of images of my overrides?