Kesta

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

Hello there.

(btw : new guy incoming)

I just tried this STEP's system spec feature. It seems to have a little flaw with long named GPU. There is a line skip after the 20th character, which make the following data not showing right before their description. See here : http://wiki.step-pro...sta/SystemSpecs

In case it's related to my screen/browser, here is a snapshot : 796947snapshotstepspec.jpg

Don't get me wrong, It's just a bugreport, I really do appreciate the feature and the whole project otherwise ;)

Cheers,

Kesta

Edit : updated the image link, the 1st one had ultra bad resolution. Hope it fix it.

Edit 2 : Fixed !  ::): Also, I hope this was the right thread to post this... forgot to check the whole forum, sorry.

Edit 3 : Updated profile in regards of DoubleYou's comment. Thx for the hint. 

Edited by Kesta, 01 June 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#17 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

Typically that GPU is just abbreviated FirePro M6100, but that problem can and should be fixed.

#18 jhampa

jhampa

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

Forgot you guys existed until I got my email update today (June 21).  Thanks for reminding me.  Did my sys specs

#19 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

BTW, I've fixed the issues with the template shown in the OP.

#20 Kesta

Kesta

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:33 AM

BTW, I've fixed the issues with the template shown in the OP.

That wasn't the OP, just the 1st post in the second page :p but thanks. #ImAGuineaPig :p

#21 crystaldragon141

crystaldragon141

Prisoner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hey z Something is messed up with the coding. It isn't showing the RAM value and is shifting the Storage values up.

#22 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

You didn't choose a CPU manufacturer, so that threw off the lineup ... whatever DY did messed up the formatting of the right column though, so need to fix that ...

#23 crystaldragon141

crystaldragon141

Prisoner

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

Really? Cause I'm pretty sure I chose AMD.

#24 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:46 PM

Nope, i took a guess and chose Intel, so you will need to edit with form to change ... the combobox was blank in the form before I chose "Intel" EDIT: Changed

Also, I reverted DY's changes and widened the div so that it accommodates slightly longer values (but really, "FirePro M6100 FireGL V" is a bit extreme and could be abbreviated or shortened to "FirePro M6100")

#25 Kesta

Kesta

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

(but really, "FirePro M6100 FireGL V" is a bit extreme and could be abbreviated or shortened to "FirePro M6100")

Double You suggested this earlier and I changed it. He just reverted it back to the long version after his edit to the plugin for testing. (Thus my #ImAGuineaPig ^^)

#26 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:16 PM

Double You suggested this earlier and I changed it. He just reverted it back to the long version after his edit to the plugin for testing. (Thus my #ImAGuineaPig ^^)

OK, change or leave as you see fit then. It works either way

#27 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hmmm... I'm not sure what was wrong with the way I fixed it, but it looks fine now anyway.

#28 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

The right column was effectively floating right (lots of space between colons and property values). I was too lazy to fix the more sophisticated method you were using, so I just increased the width of the primary div element using the original, more basic CSS parameters.

#29 Nebulous112

Nebulous112

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

Hmm...I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me. Probably because it's almost 6am and I haven't gone to bed yet. *yawn*

Anyway, it seems the instructions in the second post are outdated. When I am logged into the Wiki, I went to this link: http://wiki.step-project.com/User:Nebulous112/SystemSpecs

I then clicked edit page. From there, I tried the below instruction:

then: "PAGE TOOLS" > "EDIT WITH FORM"

However, there is no "Edit with form" option. I tried a bunch of the different options, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nebulous

#30 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:57 AM

Use the link in the OP, not the second post. The link in the second post is for those who wish to modify their System Specs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: admin, hardware

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users