What is the correct terminology to describe this issue?

GrantSP

Question

I was doing some fiddling with my graphics settings and enb settings and I found I have created this effect.

efa43be808.jpg

In describing this effect is there an established term that is used? Something that everyone (except me apparently) knows what it is without the need for an image?

Second to that, what is the problem and how do I fix it?

6 answers to this question

I still have a helluva lot to learn about these ini settings. ENB, SkyrimPrefs, Skyrim all having something to do with it. Arrgh.

I've managed to reduce it somewhat but the affect is still there. As I play on a less than stellar laptop anyway, I get used to putting up with issues like these. I'm pretty sure it started when I installed RealVision ENB but I like what that does so I will just stick with it and try and pick up fixes as I go.

Thanks guys.

That i7 is nice, but the 540M hurts. Go with 1280x720 if your screen allows and do as much optimizing as possible. Body replacers eat VRAM because many of them are uncompressed or lossless compression textures. Turn off everything in the ENBseries.ini except Shadows and see how that goes. 

That i7 is nice, but the 540M hurts. Go with 1280x720 if your screen allows and do as much optimizing as possible. Body replacers eat VRAM because many of them are uncompressed or lossless compression textures. Turn off everything in the ENBseries.ini except Shadows and see how that goes. 

I've got minimal replacement mods loaded, no body replacers at all and only the HiResBethesda stuff. I actually get good mileage out of it. I am around 30FPS outside and sometimes in the high 40s in smaller areas. Good enough for me.

I don't have any issues with anything else really, just this specific thing that popped up out of nowhere. Also it doesn't happen on all textures like those in the screenshot, some look just fine.

Considering I only got Skyrim a few months ago I can still be in awe of the game and not focus too much on the technical things. Next playthrough and hopefully with a new rig, that's when I'll fix everything.

By the way, I forgot to mark the best answer but apparently someone beat me to it.

Edited by GrantSP