What can my video card handle?

Aree

Question

I use a GeForce GTX 465, underclocked to 500 because it goes unstable playing high end video. Hardware problem I found out after the return/exchange date had passed. Anyhow I started with this ENB patch that was to bring everything to some snazzy looks. 

I could run it.. but it flickered, was blurry all over the place and the Fps was miserable. 

I don't know enough about the settings here and how they would affect performance for apperance to just randomly guess this and that for days.

So could I get some advise?

AMD Phenom x6 1100T Processor

16g of Ram

Windows 7 64x support

5 answers to this question

When you say basic, I'm guessing you mean that you have no mods or only a few mods installed. Running textures with 1k resolution should be okay for your system. Even the HRDLC shouldn't be to much for your system to handle. If it's blurry check the launcher and make sure that AA and AF are set correctly.

Not that basic, Basic ENB. As in put it in and just change the settings as stated on the skyrim page. Havn't done anything else. I do have Mods to enhance gameplay, armor & weapons, werewolf adjustment and the envoirment fix for darker shadows and night. 

The graphics enhancement Sharpshooters Extreme Graphics ENB is what I tried out and had all those things. Instead of starting all gungho I want to start from the basics, where I am now, and work my way up to find the mix of performance and eyecandy I will be somewhat satisfied with. 

(I'd need the GTX 980 to be completely satisfied. XD)