Common CTDs, Freezes, ILS and memory issues

hishutup

Question

Basic requirements to follow this FAQ

Use the following utilities and have some idea of what they do.

• ENBoost: This extension moves the DX9 texture cache to a different 64 bit process. This reduces the chance of filling up the 32 bit process with textures causing random CTDs.
  • Crash Fixes: This is an SKSE plugin that helps catch some issues that cause skyrim to CTD, freeze or hang. 
  • Some form of memory fix:
    • SSME: Made redundant by SKSE memory tweaks.
    • SKSE memory tweaks: This changes the initial heap size to make it larger. This avoids the issue where skyrim will not increase the heap causing it to CTD, freeze or hang. This method requires some input for the correct size. This can be found by using Memory Blocks Log. This is a workaround to an issue.
    • Crash Fixes OSAllocators: This is a fix for the same issue that SKSE memory tweaks workarounds. This is a true fix but has its share of issues.
    • Crash Fixes CustomMemoryBlocks: This is a fix to some of the issues caused by OSAllocators. By breaking the heap into smaller blocks, the memory can be allocated and freed as needed. This method requires some input by observing how high you need to set the blocks size. This can be viewed in the console if the toggle is enabled.

Info that is typically useless:

• Papyrus logs: These are NOT crash logs. Typically, the last entry could be several minutes before you even experience a crash. Any useful info is typically debugging code in scripts, this is usually removed/disabled before a mod is released. This is a very helpful tool to modders, but not to users.
  • Windows logs: These are rarely of any use to a user.

Issues caused by SKSE memory tweaks:

Problem: I randomly CTD.

Solution: Check the size against the memory blocks log. If the last element is close to the max size then you may need to increase heap 1 by some amount(~128 MB increments is accurate enough). Heap 2 doesnt need to be increased as it spawns more like it should.

Issues caused by Crash Fixes OSAllocators:

Problem: I get "Skyrim has failed to allocate memory"

Solution: This is caused by memory fragmentation and there isn't really a solution for this. Its suggest to use the custom memory blocks instead.

Issues caused by Crash Fixes CustomMemoryBlocks:

Problem: Stuff isn't loading in as expected.

Solution: Check to make sure the size is appropriate.

How to read and interpret Crash Fixes crash log:

I don't know, I'm curious myself. The hex given isn't a formid, its a memory location by my understanding.

This is the easiest solution to the memory issue.

Install this manually into the "Skyrim" folder(with the TESV.exe)

SKSE Plugin Preloader

Install this manually by moving the SKSE folder into the "Skyrim\Data\" folder

Crash fixes

Then open the "Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CrashFixPlugin.ini"

Modify the "UseOSAllocators=0" to "UseOSAllocators=1"

Save.

You should be good now.

I'd recommend removing the old methods of heap modification, ENBoost is fine.

[spoiler=Old Post]

I made this sticky because there is a sudden up-rise in CTD relating to the memory tweaks not working. It is flooding The General forum and has kind of spread to the memory blocks log mod topic

If you are curious how the memory tweaks work, there is an amazing post by keith over here.

There are several reasons for one to CTD or freeze but the most common one is that the SSME/Memory Patch 3.0/SKSE memory tweaks are not applying for some reason.

NOTE: SSME is no longer needed and should be removed and replaced with the SKSE Memory Tweaks.

Safety load is also not needed anymore and may cause unexpected issues.

First, please copy and paste the following into your SKSE.ini file

Make sure your ini is located as such ...\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini

If you follow STEP check this out.

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

To find out if your memory tweaks are working correctly, download and install Memory Blocks Log.

Run the game through MO, I would recommend fully loading into the game but the main menu will suffice. After which close out of the game and open MO again if it closed on you. Go to the overwrite folder and navigate to the "SKSE\plugins\" folder and open up the memoryblockslog.log.

Your log should look similar to this:

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB

However, people that experience a lot of crashing will have something like the following:

logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB 256MB

The most common "fix" is to open the "Modify Executables" window by clicking the gears on  the top part of MO and select the SKSE executable and add the Argument 

-forcesteamloader

It should then look something like this.

ForceSteamLoader.png

After which, click the modify button and then relaunch the game through MO then close it and make the comparison again. 

If your results did not change then make a post below, otherwise search for topics that already exist in the General forum. If your particular issue does not already exist then make a new topic and there will be someone to answer your questions.

• +1 3

Thanks for giving it some thought. I installed that three weeks ago when Neo put it in the SRLE build hopeful that my problem was the newly discovered string limit. But the problem came up again last week and my string count never reached the former limit which is why I'm sure it's not a string issue. It's something else but I don't know where to look now. I'm hopeful that the 'player.kill' fix is the answer but since I don't know what it is truly doing to the game I can't be sure I'm not just creating more problems. I live in hope of actually finishing the game someday.

Im always skeptical about these things and that is ticking most boxes for methods to avoid, in my book.

I have been away from Skyrim since November 2015, and I have been watching these guy's on twitch play for hours on end (ning999, suicidalbaby, bayliun) and I got a little jealous and decided to reload SR:LE and enjoy the game for myself. 

My Load Order is SR:LE base 3-28-2016 with some of the mods from SR:LE ext and my own personal preference mods. (See signature for load out) I have five follower mods with Anna NPCs included which I tested for over a month to level 13. During the testing I ran the complete map doing very little in the way of quest's just checking locations and stressing the game with 6 NPc followers, and 1 dog. I did not experience any CTD's, but did have some issue's due to load order or installation errors which I felt I resolved. 

Continued Backstory

I started a new play thru on 5-17-2016 trying to collect, harvest, craft, and quest my way through to a level beyond 10 before following the main quest of LAL (Start a new life). 

I am currently at level 10 with 3 followers one of them I did not test with previously from AnnaNPC.esp because I did not know she existed. I saved inside the Four Shields Tavern and I noticed Crashfix v10 was available so I decided to upgrade from ver9. 

I ran to Clearpine Pond and picked up a placed follower Aries (Husky) from the mod Anna NPC's and ran back to the Four Shields tavern feeling that it went well and made save inside.

Proceeded to a cave Chillwind Depths and made a save right after entering, ( always try to make a save when entering and prior to exiting a location). I have a total of 6 saves inside Chillwind Depths and 3 player deaths with a save just before exiting Chillwind Depths interior.

I exit the cave and run up to another location Liar's Retreat and upon entering attempt to make a save and get an immediate CTD. This CTD was reproduced 3 times so I decided to try and load the saves inside Chillwind Depths and make a save, but all saves repeat the CTD.

(All saves load fine I just can not re save without the CTD).

I went back to the first save at Four Shields Tavern and saved again to see if the game would and it did. So I reverted back to Crashfix v8 and went back to Clearpine Pond to pick up Aries (Husky) and back to Four Shields to make a save and it went well. 

This time I decided to travel to Volskygge fighting bandits and wolves the entire way without a glitch and entered the barrow and made a save. I traveled thru the dungeon battling bandits and tried to save again mid way thru and got an imediate CTD. I reproduced this CTD 3 times and the save upon entering is now corrupt.

I installed the settings 

[Debug]

WriteMiniDumps=1 

into the skse.ini in order to get a crashdump file and I was hoping someone her experienced the same Exceptions that are listed from mine and can suggest a solution.

I have referenced the New Follower Lyra and Aries both from AnnaNPC.esp because these two were not tested before together and upon picking up Aries (Husky) the CTD started. The crashdump references ""ExceptionAddress: 0068701d (TESV+0x0028701d)"

and looking that id up in TES5Edit shows the record :

"Form ID=0068701d      EditorID=PLaced Object    Name=PeltFloor02[sTAT:0005C016]"

CTD crashdump

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Crash Analysis:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Instant Online Crash Analysis, brought to you by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.

Show DivPrimary Analysis

Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (https://www.osr.com)

Online Crash Dump Analysis Service

See https://www.osronline.com for more information

Windows 8 Version 10586 MP (8 procs) Free x86 compatible

Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS

kernel32.dll version: 10.0.10586.0 (th2_release.151029-1700)

Machine Name:

Debug session time: Mon May 23 13:29:19.000 2016 (UTC - 4:00)

System Uptime: not available

Process Uptime: 0 days 0:07:28.000

Kernel time: 0 days 0:00:39.000

User time: 0 days 0:04:00.000

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\oca.ini, error 2

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\winxp\triage.ini, error 2

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\user.ini, error 2

*                        Exception Analysis                                   *

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\guids.ini, error 2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for XAudio2_6.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvd3dum.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvd3dum.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for JContainers.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for JContainers.dll

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

*** The OS name list needs to be updated! Unknown Windows version: 10.0 ***

FAULTING_IP: 

TESV+28701d

0068701d 8b400c          mov     eax,dword ptr [eax+0Ch]

EXCEPTION_RECORD:  ffffffff -- (.exr 0xffffffffffffffff)

ExceptionAddress: 0068701d (TESV+0x0028701d)

ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

ExceptionFlags: 00000000

NumberParameters: 2

Parameter[0]: 00000000

Parameter[1]: 7e5fb620

Attempt to read from address 7e5fb620

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  INVALID_POINTER_READ

PROCESS_NAME:  TESV.exe

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The memory could not be "%s".

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  00000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2:  7e5fb620

READ_ADDRESS:  7e5fb620 

FOLLOWUP_IP: 

TESV+28701d

0068701d 8b400c          mov     eax,dword ptr [eax+0Ch]

FAULTING_THREAD:  000008c4

PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS:  INVALID_POINTER_READ

BUGCHECK_STR:  APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ

IP_ON_HEAP:  2388f460

The fault address in not in any loaded module, please check your build's rebase

log at \bin\build_logs\timebuild\ntrebase.log for module which may

contain the address if it were loaded.

FRAME_ONE_INVALID: 1

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:  from 2388f460 to 0068701d

STACK_TEXT:  

WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.

0019eebc 2388f460 00000001 2388f46b 004528a2 TESV+0x28701d

0019eec0 00000000 2388f46b 004528a2 7e5fb614 0x2388f460

STACK_COMMAND:  ~0s; .ecxr ; kb

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX:  0

SYMBOL_NAME:  TESV+28701d

FOLLOWUP_NAME:  MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: TESV

IMAGE_NAME:  TESV.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:  51437ce5

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_TESV.exe!Unknown

BUCKET_ID:  APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ_TESV+28701d

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::TES5Edit Records:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"ExceptionAddress: 0068701d (TESV+0x0028701d)"

Form ID=0068701d      EditorID=PLaced Object    Name=PeltFloor02[sTAT:0005C016]

[00] Skyrim.esm

DushnikhYalExterior02 [CELL:00007660] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -36,-6)

FormID-----[REFR:00068701] (places PeltFloor02 [sTAT:0005C016] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DushnikhYalExterior02 [CELL:00007660] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -36,-6))

NameBase-----PeltFloor02 [sTAT:0005C016]

(Control left mouse Click)

Form ID=0005C016      EditorID=PeltFloor02    Name=

[00] Skyrim.esm

FormID-----PeltFloor02 [sTAT:0005C016]

EDID - Editor ID-----PeltFloor02

Model

MODL Model Filename = Clutter\Pelts\PeltFloor02.nif

DNAM - Direction Material

Max Angle (30-120)----90.000000

Material-----NULL - Null Reference [00000000]

This record is Referenced 256 times in TES5Edit 

The Mod I suspect is AnnaNPCs.esp which shows 21References with different Locations added by the Mod???? 

B4006A0E

B404553B

B40A2B3B

B40A2B44

B40A6F73

B40EB0E6

B40EB109

B40EB10B

B40EB10C

B40EB11D

B40EB134

0x0028701d

Form ID=0028701      EditorID=PLaced Object    Name=CaveIIcicle02 [sTAT:0002C2AD]

cell -----   [00] Skyrim.esm

DeepwoodRedoubt01 "Deepwood Redoubt" [CELL:0001529C]

FormID-----[REFR:00028701] (places CaveIIcicle02 [sTAT:0002C2AD] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DeepwoodRedoubt01 "Deepwood Redoubt" [CELL:0001529C])

NameBase-----CaveIIcicle02 [sTAT:0002C2AD]

I hope this was the correct thread to post this information and someone can give me some options to pursue to fix this problem.

Dyndolod = Medium

Start String count = 45472

String Count CTD = 45860

Memory Blocks = 263 200  

If there is any further info I can provide let me know.....

Edited by ram911

My game was crashing and using memory blocks l could see that memory block 1 was hitting 512 if skse.ini was set to:

[Memory]

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

So I changed DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024 and memboryblocklog.log is still showing block 1 limit as 512 rather than 768...what would cause this?

Edited by maedrhos

If you are using Mod Organizer, double click the SKSE mod in the left pane, click the INI files tab, and make the changes here. If this is what you did, double check to make sure you don't have a duplicate skse.ini file laying around somewhere.

Also note that if you are increasing this to 1024, you may need to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini.

If you are using Mod Organizer, double click the SKSE mod in the left pane, click the INI files tab, and make the changes here. If this is what you did, double check to make sure you don't have a duplicate skse.ini file laying around somewhere.

Also note that if you are increasing this to 1024, you may need to set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini.

Excellent, thank you. I did not realize that MO used the SKSE.ini file in the mod rather than the one that is in the Skyrim/Data/SKSE directory.

enblocal.ini already had that line as false.

Edit: That did the trick. The log shows the Block 1 availability as 768 and the usage topped out at 580.

Edited by maedrhos

You should remove the duplicate skse.ini file from Skyrim's data directory. The only files that should be in the Skyrim directory are skse.1_9_32.dll, skse_loader.exe, and skse_steam_loader.dll. Everything else should be in the SKSE mod in Mod Organizer.

You should remove the duplicate skse.ini file from Skyrim's data directory. The only files that should be in the Skyrim directory are skse.1_9_32.dll, skse_loader.exe, and skse_steam_loader.dll. Everything else should be in the SKSE mod in Mod Organizer.

Roger that. I probably extracted files to the wrong place once-upon-a-time. The files you say should be in the Skyrim Directory or there but they aren't alone. I very rarely know completely what I'm doing and sometimes my mistakes are like spilling sand on a clean floor....you are still finding sand months later. Thanks for your help.

Edited by maedrhos

I am new to Skyrim and figured I would start off with STEP: Extended the first time playing. It worked at all the benchmark points until the very end. Now I have infinite loading screens when trying to load into any outdoor cell. I have researched the forums and tried all the fixes and troubleshooting ideas and found that the game isn't allocating the full block sizes; however, the -forcesteamloader argument has not resolved my issue.

I have included both my skyrim .ini files, my skse ini, my enblocal.ini, and the MemoryBlocksLog that was generated. Any idea whats going on?

Note: Both of the skyrim ini files and the skse.ini are from ModLoader

Skyrim.ini

[Display]
sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970"
bAllowScreenShot=0
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25
fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5
iPresentInterval=1
[Grass]
b30GrassVS=1
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=7
iMinGrassSize=40
[Water]
bReflectLODObjects=1
bReflectLODLand=1
bReflectSky=1
bReflectLODTrees=1
[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sIntroSequence=
fFlickeringLightDistance=8192
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
[Camera]
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=10
[Combat]
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7
[interface]

[MapMenu]
fMapWorldYawRange=400
fMapWorldMinPitch=0
fMapWorldMaxPitch=90

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Display]
bFloatPointRenderTarget=0
bDeferredShadows=1
bDrawLandShadows=1
bShadowsOnGrass=1
bTreesReceiveShadows=1
iShadowFilter=3
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=6144
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=4096
fTreesMidLODSwitchDist=8192

iTexMipMapSkip=0
bFXAAEnabled=0
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1e+007
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=1e+007
fSpecularLODStartFade=2000
fLightLODStartFade=3500
iShadowMapResolution=4096
fShadowBiasScale=0.15
iShadowMaskQuarter=4
iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
fShadowDistance=8000
iMaxDecalsPerFrame=100
iMaxSkinDecalsPerFrame=25
iAdapter=0
iSize W=1920
iSize H=1080
iMultiSample=4
iMaxAnisotropy=0
iPresentInterval=1
bFull Screen=1
sD3DDevice="NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970"
[imagespace]
iRadialBlurLevel=2
[LOD]
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15
fLODFadeOutMultItems=15
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15
[Grass]
fGrassStartFadeDistance=7000
b30GrassVS=1
[Decals]
bDecals=1
bSkinnedDecals=1
uMaxDecals=1000
uMaxSkinDecals=100
uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=60
[TerrainManager]
fTreeLoadDistance=75000
fBlockMaximumDistance=250000
fBlockLevel1Distance=70000
fBlockLevel0Distance=35000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5
[blurShaderHDR]
bDoHighDynamicRange=1
[blurShader]
bUseBlurShader=0
[Launcher]
bShowAllResolutions=1
uLastAspectRatio=3
bEnableFileSelection=1
[Trees]
uiMaxSkinnedTreesToRender=200
[Water]
iWaterReflectHeight=1024
iWaterReflectWidth=1024

Skse.ini

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

enblocal.ini

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=18432
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

MemLog

logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB    256MB
85    8
85    8
85    9
85    10
85    11
85    12
85    13
85    14
85    15
85    16
85    17
85    18
85    19
85    20
85    21
85    22
85    23
85    24
85    25
85    26
85    27
85    28
85    29
85    30
85    31
85    32
85    33
85    34
85    35
85    36
85    37
85    38
85    39
85    40
85    41
85    42
85    43
85    44
85    45
85    46
85    47
85    48
85    49
85    50
85    51
85    52
85    53
85    54
85    55
85    56
85    57
85    58
85    59
85    60
85    61
85    62
85    63
85    64
85    65
85    66
85    67
85    68
85    69
85    70
85    71
85    72
85    73
85    74
85    75
85    76
85    77
85    78
85    79
85    80
85    81
85    82
85    83
85    84
85    85
85    86
85    87
85    88
85    89
85    90
85    91
85    92
85    93
85    94
85    95
85    96
85    97
85    98
85    99
102    99
102    100
102    101
102    102
102    103
102    104
102    105
102    106
102    107
104    107
105    107
106    107
108    107
109    107
110    107
111    107
112    107
113    107
114    107
115    107
116    107
117    107
118    107
119    107
120    107
122    107
123    107
124    107
125    107
126    107
127    107
128    107
129    107
130    107
131    107
132    107
133    107
134    107
136    107
137    107
138    107
139    107
140    107
141    107
142    107
143    107
144    107
145    107
146    107
147    107
148    107
149    107
150    107
151    107
152    107
153    107
154    107
155    107
156    107
157    107
157    108
162    108
173    108
173    109
173    110
184    110
184    111
184    112
184    113
185    113
186    113
187    113
188    113
189    113
189    114
189    115
189    116
190    116
191    116
192    116
193    116
194    116
195    116
196    116
197    116
198    116
199    116
200    116
201    116
202    116
203    116
204    116
205    116
206    116
207    116
208    116
209    116
210    116
212    116
213    116
214    116
215    116
216    116
217    116
218    116
219    116
220    116
221    116
222    116
223    116
224    116
225    116
226    116
227    116
228    116
228    117
229    117
230    117
231    117
232    117
233    117
234    117
235    117
236    117
237    117
238    117
239    117
240    117
241    117
242    117
243    117
244    117
245    117
246    117
247    117
248    117
249    117
250    117
251    117
252    117
253    117
254    117
255    117
256    117

You don't have the skse.ini in the right spot or it has the wrong file extension, is my guess. Check the mod that you put the SKSE scripts and the skse.ini file in.

Make sure the .ini file is not actually named skse.ini.txt (make sure Windows can see file extensions). It should have the icon of a gear or something similar, I believe.

Then make sure skse.ini is in a folder named "SKSE". When I first started modding, I had forgotten to make a new folder named SKSE, and that was my issue.

*snip*

I double clicked the SKSE mod in MO and verified that the file was skse.INI for sure. In the MO mods directory I renamed the SKSE mod folder to just SKSE so the file structure is this:

+SKSE

+scripts

+plugins

-skse.ini

-meta.ini

I will see if this resolves the issue.

Edit:

You eluded to the issue. File structure needs two SKSE folders. One in the mods folder, and an additional one inside it.

+Mods

+SKSE

+skse

+scripts

+plugins

-skse.ini

Got an instant CTD on loading screen so I will bump my memory allocation before returning.

Edited by austin2118ace

Well I fixed the memory patch issue, but now I have an instant CTD at every loading screen and am at a loss to the issue. I have disabled DynDOLOD for now, and have rebuilt the bashed patch twice. Is there any logs I can look at to give me a good idea of what was going on at the time of the crash?

-Austin

Could someone point me in the right direction of where to go next on this problem. I have Crash fix and ENBoost installed and have spent the last two weeks trying to crash learn the world of modding. I can play for 5-15 minutes before I CTD and get a message from Crash fix that "Skyrim failed to allocate memory. Possibly running out of memory.   I have gone through the guides and have done everything suggested but still the same. Do I just need to start dumping mods? Graphics card is GTX740 2GB, I have a 970 on the way. Also 16GB of system RAM. Please be patient with me I am not a computer expert but a Biologist!!!