Common CTDs, Freezes, ILS and memory issues

hishutup

Question

Basic requirements to follow this FAQ

Use the following utilities and have some idea of what they do.

• ENBoost: This extension moves the DX9 texture cache to a different 64 bit process. This reduces the chance of filling up the 32 bit process with textures causing random CTDs.
  • Crash Fixes: This is an SKSE plugin that helps catch some issues that cause skyrim to CTD, freeze or hang. 
  • Some form of memory fix:
    • SSME: Made redundant by SKSE memory tweaks.
    • SKSE memory tweaks: This changes the initial heap size to make it larger. This avoids the issue where skyrim will not increase the heap causing it to CTD, freeze or hang. This method requires some input for the correct size. This can be found by using Memory Blocks Log. This is a workaround to an issue.
    • Crash Fixes OSAllocators: This is a fix for the same issue that SKSE memory tweaks workarounds. This is a true fix but has its share of issues.
    • Crash Fixes CustomMemoryBlocks: This is a fix to some of the issues caused by OSAllocators. By breaking the heap into smaller blocks, the memory can be allocated and freed as needed. This method requires some input by observing how high you need to set the blocks size. This can be viewed in the console if the toggle is enabled.

Info that is typically useless:

• Papyrus logs: These are NOT crash logs. Typically, the last entry could be several minutes before you even experience a crash. Any useful info is typically debugging code in scripts, this is usually removed/disabled before a mod is released. This is a very helpful tool to modders, but not to users.
  • Windows logs: These are rarely of any use to a user.

Issues caused by SKSE memory tweaks:

Problem: I randomly CTD.

Solution: Check the size against the memory blocks log. If the last element is close to the max size then you may need to increase heap 1 by some amount(~128 MB increments is accurate enough). Heap 2 doesnt need to be increased as it spawns more like it should.

Issues caused by Crash Fixes OSAllocators:

Problem: I get "Skyrim has failed to allocate memory"

Solution: This is caused by memory fragmentation and there isn't really a solution for this. Its suggest to use the custom memory blocks instead.

Issues caused by Crash Fixes CustomMemoryBlocks:

Problem: Stuff isn't loading in as expected.

Solution: Check to make sure the size is appropriate.

How to read and interpret Crash Fixes crash log:

I don't know, I'm curious myself. The hex given isn't a formid, its a memory location by my understanding.

This is the easiest solution to the memory issue.

Install this manually into the "Skyrim" folder(with the TESV.exe)

SKSE Plugin Preloader

Install this manually by moving the SKSE folder into the "Skyrim\Data\" folder

Crash fixes

Then open the "Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CrashFixPlugin.ini"

Modify the "UseOSAllocators=0" to "UseOSAllocators=1"

Save.

You should be good now.

I'd recommend removing the old methods of heap modification, ENBoost is fine.

[spoiler=Old Post]

I made this sticky because there is a sudden up-rise in CTD relating to the memory tweaks not working. It is flooding The General forum and has kind of spread to the memory blocks log mod topic

If you are curious how the memory tweaks work, there is an amazing post by keith over here.

There are several reasons for one to CTD or freeze but the most common one is that the SSME/Memory Patch 3.0/SKSE memory tweaks are not applying for some reason.

NOTE: SSME is no longer needed and should be removed and replaced with the SKSE Memory Tweaks.

Safety load is also not needed anymore and may cause unexpected issues.

First, please copy and paste the following into your SKSE.ini file

Make sure your ini is located as such ...\Skyrim\Data\SKSE\SKSE.ini

If you follow STEP check this out.

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

To find out if your memory tweaks are working correctly, download and install Memory Blocks Log.

Run the game through MO, I would recommend fully loading into the game but the main menu will suffice. After which close out of the game and open MO again if it closed on you. Go to the overwrite folder and navigate to the "SKSE\plugins\" folder and open up the memoryblockslog.log.

Your log should look similar to this:

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB

However, people that experience a lot of crashing will have something like the following:

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
256MB 256MB

The most common "fix" is to open the "Modify Executables" window by clicking the gears on  the top part of MO and select the SKSE executable and add the Argument 

-forcesteamloader

It should then look something like this.

ForceSteamLoader.png

After which, click the modify button and then relaunch the game through MO then close it and make the comparison again. 

If your results did not change then make a post below, otherwise search for topics that already exist in the General forum. If your particular issue does not already exist then make a new topic and there will be someone to answer your questions.

• +1 3

Keep in mind, there are some discrepancies between STEP guides/wikis from what I say, take it with a grain of salt but I am super picky when it comes to minor/"nonissue" issues/bugs.

I try to provide valid info that I can remember, if something is incorrect, speak your mind(with source).

To put it in simple terms, youre virtually running out of memory due to fragmentation.

By this I mean the game attempts to allocate a new larger block but fails because there isnt a big enough contiguous block to fit it.

meh is still trying to figure a better method out out but I have switched back to the SKSE mem tweaks until this issue is resolved.

If you look through the crash fixes ini you should be able to find various lines

UseOSAllocators=1
AlignHeapAllocate=1
CustomMemoryBlock=1
MemoryInfoConsole=1

Use the first three to enable a different method by using small blocks rather than one large one.

The last line is to observe what is the most appropriate value for 

CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb=

I believe I read something on that that the % in the console should be about than 80% maximum.

There is no specific size but I would recommend keeping it an even number but I don't know if it matters.

Some find the default to be good but other found that they need to up it to 90 but when I tested it briefly my guess would be over 128 with the specific setup I was using.

As ENBoost, the values don't really matter anymore well, for me at least.

I only see that the higher I set 

ReservedMemorySizeMb=

the more VRAM is unnecessarily consumed. (I have 6GB)

As for the other line 

VideoMemorySizeMb=

it does matter to know where the limit for memory is.

Too high and you'll stutter due to hardware limit and it doesnt know to free up resources. I leave it at the lowest possible value.

Too low and you'll stutter for no reason and it'll free resources when they do not need to be free'd. I leave 

AutodetectVideoMemorySize=true

enabled as it produces identical numbers to hand calculation and I couldn't be asked to change it when switching between win7 and my main win10 which produce 22528 and 4096(BAD!), respectively.

Anyhow, I would encourage experimentation.

Today, skyrim should not crash.

But on if you are somewhat responsible with modding habits and the mods are done in an appropriate way. I haven't in 60+ hrs, in 1-14hr sessions.

Just want to post this so it might keep one or two other people from going insane:

If you have Win10 and use Crash Fixes but still have totally random crashes, use a timer (or check beginning/end of your logs) to see if the crashes happen every 15 minutes exactly. If they do, it's likely caused by the touch keyboard and handwriting panel service in Windows 10.

To stop the virtual keyboard service and keep it from starting again, type services in the taskbar, click services, go down to touch keyboard and handwriting service, right click and stop it, and then rightclick>properties and select "disabled" for "startup type."

Thanks to steam user Krayzi who originally figured this out. It's been a constant problem for me for over a year after trying everything under the Sun.

Also, if you have reeeeaaaally long load times, it can be because of the recommended STEP ENB windowed settings and various performance monitors (or even just having task manager open with those settings). 

So what alternative windowed settings would you recommend?

I wouldn't recommend an alternative, they're the best way to play with windowed mode, being able to alt-tab and such. But if you're having like 3 minute load times it could be because a monitoring program somehow clashes with these settings. I can reproduce it 100% just by having task manager open. This may be win10 only, or something to do with my graphics card specifically, so I'm just giving general advice for anyone having this problem.

Edited by jackarbiter

Just want to post this so it might keep one or two other people from going insane:

If you have Win10 and use Crash Fixes but still have totally random crashes, use a timer (or check beginning/end of your logs) to see if the crashes happen every 15 minutes exactly. If they do, it's likely caused by the touch keyboard and handwriting panel service in Windows 10.

To stop the virtual keyboard service and keep it from starting again, type services in the taskbar, click services, go down to touch keyboard and handwriting service, right click and stop it, and then rightclick>properties and select "disabled" for "startup type."

Thanks to steam user Krayzi who originally figured this out. It's been a constant problem for me for over a year after trying everything under the Sun.

Also, if you have reeeeaaaally long load times, it can be because of the recommended STEP ENB windowed settings and various performance monitors (or even just having task manager open with those settings). 

I wouldn't see why they would cause crashes but I can say that I run win10 in desktop mode and I haven't had any unusual issues.

Hello all. I'm in need of some professional help with constant CTDs in my game. I've modded Skyrim before, and I'm aware of how to clean, sort, and make dynamic patches. But even with those my game continuously crashes for reasons that I can't fathom.

I got a new computer (i7-6700k, GTX 1070, 16 gigs of Ram, Win 7), and its my first time using an ENB+ENBoost. I followed GamerPoet's guides on Youtube to clean/merge patches, as well as using Skyproc patchers. I used Slothability's ENB+ENBoost guide to install my ENB (Vivid Weathers' ENB) and ENBoost. I've also followed the STEP guide for setting up my Skyrim.ini and Skyrimpref.ini.

I've tried using the Crash Fixes+SKSE Preloader, but it really isn't helping. I'm at a lost at what more I can do to stop my game to going bonkers. As far as I can tell, all of the mods I've installed are working as Intended. The thing is, it doesn't always crash; I can play for hours without a single crash, or I can crash instantly on start-up or loading a game, or every 5 minutes. I tried using the SKSE-log  to debug, but I've recently found out that its not reliable. I've restarted the game from scratch with a new load order, and new patches each time. Reinstalled all of my mods from scratch. Verified game cache, then re-cleaned the official DLCs and Update.esm. No help. I have no idea what more I can do.

Below is my list of mods, sorted using LOOT (with a couple of exceptions):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
RSkyrimChildren.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Campfire.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
HepsyHair.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
FNIS.esp
WetandCold.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
AOS.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
FISS.esp
SkyUI.esp
MainMenu.esp
SkyTweak.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
UltimateDragons.esp
LPSleep.esp
IridumEyes2.0.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
PWwaterfall.esp
DawnofSkyrim-AllMajorCities.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
WAF_CCF_SIC Patch.esp
Immersive Whiterun.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp
Purewaters.esp
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Holidays.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
ETaC - Complete CRF Patch.esp
Frostfall.esp
UniqueBorderGates-All.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
Hunterborn.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Potions.esp
Blaze Of Eventide.esp
ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
ISC CCF Patch.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
ISC WAFR Patch.esp
AOS2_WAF Patch.esp
AOS2_Unique Uniques Patch.esp
AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
ISC DeadlySpellImpacts Patch.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
RSChildren - CRF Patch.esp
USLEEPSurvivalModPatch.esp
RND_ETaC-Patch.esp
Elisif Makeover.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
Skysan_Icicle.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
FNIS_PCEA2.esp
ImprovedGlowingGlowDust.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
LootandDegradation.esp
PC Head Tracking - MCM.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Player Size Adjuster.esp
RND_PureWaters-Patch.esp
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
PC Head Tracking - Patch.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
Saeri_Khajiit_Hair.esp
SkyrimReloaded.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - AOS patch.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
VioLens.esp
DW Enemies and Wanderers.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Serana.esp
Valerica.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp (Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks)
RDO - iAFT Patch.esp
Immersive Horses.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
DawnguardArsenal.esp
Recorder Follower Base.esp
Billyro's Weapons.esp
ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp
Skytest USLEEP.esp
Immersive Music Temples.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
Males of Skyrim.esp
Size Does Matter HF.esp
ETaC - Complete RS Patch.esp
Immersive Music.esp
ktWeaponPack.esp
NedhegothTheButcher.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
FemaleWerewolf.esp
DF_Dianest.esp
RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
Wintermyst - LootandDegradation.esp
ETaC - IHO Compatibility Patch.esp
SFMFollower.esp
RDO - Immersive Horses Patch.esp
Immersive_Horses_AFT_Patch.esp
Immersive Horses - Hearthfire Patch.esp
DSerHorsesRevamped.esp
Immersive detection of NPC.esp
XPMSE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ETaC - Complete AS-LAL Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp (I load ELFX after Alternate start because otherwise the cell-edits in ELFX gets overwritten by Alternate Start - doesn't seem to cause any issues)
ELFXEnhancer.esp
MergedPatch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp (Has some leveled lists from WAFR, and CCO merged levled lists into it so it's not in my load order.)
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Here are my SKSE.ini:

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1

[Debug]

WriteMinidumps=1

This is my ENBLocal.ini

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024
VideoMemorySizeMb=7745
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

HD Textures used:

Official Hi-res Pack (not active)

Skyrime HD - Lite

AmidianBorn - Book of Silence (Weapons, Armor, Dragonborn)

AmidianBorn Landscapes

AmidianBorn Caves and Mines

AmidianBorn-Immersive Armors

AmidianBorn Woodposts

Rustic HD Textures (various)

Thank you all for your help.

Edited by Amuscaria

Hello all. I'm in need of some professional help with constant CTDs in my game. I've modded Skyrim before, and I'm aware of how to clean, sort, and make dynamic patches. But even with those my game continuously crashes for reasons that I can't fathom.

I got a new computer (i7-6700k, GTX 1070, 16 gigs of Ram, Win 7), and its my first time using an ENB+ENBoost. I followed GamerPoet's guides on Youtube to clean/merge patches, as well as using Skyproc patchers. I used Slothability's ENB+ENBoost guide to install my ENB (Vivid Weathers' ENB) and ENBoost. I've also followed the STEP guide for setting up my Skyrim.ini and Skyrimpref.ini.

I've tried using the Crash Fixes+SKSE Preloader, but it really isn't helping. I'm at a lost at what more I can do to stop my game to going bonkers. As far as I can tell, all of the mods I've installed are working as Intended. The thing is, it doesn't always crash; I can play for hours without a single crash, or I can crash instantly on start-up or loading a game, or every 5 minutes. I tried using the SKSE-log  to debug, but I've recently found out that its not reliable. I've restarted the game from scratch with a new load order, and new patches each time. Reinstalled all of my mods from scratch. Verified game cache, then re-cleaned the official DLCs and Update.esm. No help. I have no idea what more I can do.

Below is my list of mods, sorted using LOOT (with a couple of exceptions):

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
RSkyrimChildren.esm
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esm
Campfire.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
HepsyHair.esm
SGHairPackBase.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
FNIS.esp
WetandCold.esp
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
ETaC - Complete.esp
Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
AOS.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Wintermyst - Enchantments of Skyrim.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Differently Ebony.esp
SGEyebrows.esp
FISS.esp
SkyUI.esp
MainMenu.esp
SkyTweak.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
UltimateDragons.esp
LPSleep.esp
IridumEyes2.0.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
PWwaterfall.esp
DawnofSkyrim-AllMajorCities.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Immersive Orc Strongholds.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
WAF_CCF_SIC Patch.esp
Immersive Whiterun.esp
Immersive Solstheim.esp
Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp
Purewaters.esp
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
DSerArcheryGameplayOverhaul.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp
AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Holidays.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
ETaC - Complete CRF Patch.esp
Frostfall.esp
UniqueBorderGates-All.esp
Atlas Legendary.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Lore Weapon Expansion.esp
Hunterborn.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Potions.esp
Blaze Of Eventide.esp
ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp
DovahBlingJewelryReplacer.esp
ISC CCF Patch.esp
RSChildren - Complete.esp
ISC WAFR Patch.esp
AOS2_WAF Patch.esp
AOS2_Unique Uniques Patch.esp
AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
ISC DeadlySpellImpacts Patch.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
RSChildren - CRF Patch.esp
USLEEPSurvivalModPatch.esp
RND_ETaC-Patch.esp
Elisif Makeover.esp
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
Skysan_Icicle.esp
dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp
Eyes of Aber.esp
FNIS_PCEA2.esp
ImprovedGlowingGlowDust.esp
KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
LootandDegradation.esp
PC Head Tracking - MCM.esp
AHZmoreHUD.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
Player Size Adjuster.esp
RND_PureWaters-Patch.esp
RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
PC Head Tracking - Patch.esp
SGHairPackAIO.esp
Saeri_Khajiit_Hair.esp
SkyrimReloaded.esp
Vivid Weathers.esp
Vivid Weathers - AOS patch.esp
SimplyKnock.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
VioLens.esp
DW Enemies and Wanderers.esp
Bijin NPCs.esp
Bijin Wives.esp
Bijin Warmaidens.esp
Serana.esp
Valerica.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp (Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks)
RDO - iAFT Patch.esp
Immersive Horses.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
DawnguardArsenal.esp
Recorder Follower Base.esp
Billyro's Weapons.esp
ETaC - Complete BFT Patch.esp
Skytest USLEEP.esp
Immersive Music Temples.esp
Dragon Soul Relinquishment.esp
Males of Skyrim.esp
Size Does Matter HF.esp
ETaC - Complete RS Patch.esp
Immersive Music.esp
ktWeaponPack.esp
NedhegothTheButcher.esp
Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
FemaleWerewolf.esp
DF_Dianest.esp
RDO - Cutting Room Floor Patch.esp
Wintermyst - LootandDegradation.esp
ETaC - IHO Compatibility Patch.esp
SFMFollower.esp
RDO - Immersive Horses Patch.esp
Immersive_Horses_AFT_Patch.esp
Immersive Horses - Hearthfire Patch.esp
DSerHorsesRevamped.esp
Immersive detection of NPC.esp
XPMSE.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
ETaC - Complete AS-LAL Patch.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp (I load ELFX after Alternate start because otherwise the cell-edits in ELFX gets overwritten by Alternate Start - doesn't seem to cause any issues)
ELFXEnhancer.esp
MergedPatch.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp (Has some leveled lists from WAFR, and CCO merged levled lists into it so it's not in my load order.)
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

Here are my SKSE.ini:

[Display]

iTintTextureResolution=2048

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1

[Memory]
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

[interface]
EnableContainerCategorization=1

[Debug]

WriteMinidumps=1

This is my ENBLocal.ini

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
UseDefferedRendering=true
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=1024
VideoMemorySizeMb=7745
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=false
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

HD Textures used:

Official Hi-res Pack (not active)

Skyrime HD - Lite

AmidianBorn - Book of Silence (Weapons, Armor, Dragonborn)

AmidianBorn Landscapes

AmidianBorn Caves and Mines

AmidianBorn-Immersive Armors

AmidianBorn Woodposts

Rustic HD Textures (various)

Thank you all for your help.

To find out if your memory tweaks are working correctly, download and install Memory Blocks Log.
Run the game through MO, I would recommend fully loading into the game but the main menu will suffice. After which close out of the game and open MO again if it closed on you. Go to the overwrite folder and navigate to the "SKSE\plugins\" folder and open up the memoryblockslog.log.
Upload it to something like pastebin and post here.

Here is the paste bin for the Memory Log. I'm assuming it is working since the first block is 512, and not 256. 

https://pastebin.com/HtDWiGmQ

Also note that I completely reinstalled all my mods, and it turns out I had 2 versions of the same mod installed, as well as missing a compatibility patch for Vivid Weathers and AOS2. Not sure if that was the source of my issues or not.

Looking at my SKSE logs however, I'm still getting a TON of errors:

https://pastebin.com/Nv3VKbjE

I'm going to verify game cache again and see if I accidentally screwed some of the official files up.

Edited by Amuscaria

So that giant page of Errors in Papayrus won't have any game-impact? I didn't get those before. Not sure what happened.

I was using Crash Fixes, but didn't help (probably made crashes even worse). Opening the map crashes the game sometimes, but disabling Atlas Map markers and the ETAC Atlas Patch seemed to have fixed it. I tried changing the settings as it suggested on the mod page - didn't help.

So that giant page of Errors in Papayrus won't have any game-impact? I didn't get those before. Not sure what happened.

I was using Crash Fixes, but didn't help (probably made crashes even worse). Opening the map crashes the game sometimes, but disabling Atlas Map markers and the ETAC Atlas Patch seemed to have fixed it. I tried changing the settings as it suggested on the mod page - didn't help.

Not directly, like I said, its not a crash log.

That doesnt make any sense my guess is either your save is borked or youre running an old version of SKGE.

Don't alter any settings from Crash fixes. You could also have compounded some issues.

Huh... I uninstalled Skyrim Reloaded and some previous problems I had went away - stuttering at full-screen when moving (with Enhanced Camera), my FOV being locked at 90, and some other problems.

Still getting a ton of Errors from Papyrus when starting a new game, though. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. 

Huh... I uninstalled Skyrim Reloaded and some previous problems I had went away - stuttering at full-screen when moving (with Enhanced Camera), my FOV being locked at 90, and some other problems.

Still getting a ton of Errors from Papyrus when starting a new game, though. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong anymore. 

Okay, listen, papyrus is not a crash log. If you don't know what youre doing, its probably best to disable papyrus logging as it is possible to misinterpret what is an issue and what isnt an issue.

It is used for mod authors to see how or what their scripts are doing. When the mod is released, most of this useful information is striped out for performance and cleanliness reasons.

There is a small chance that there is something in there that may(probably not) cause any issue.

Most issues are not easily fixed by google-ing them, some are but definitely not all.

I've played with crash fixes, my save was okay after a 100+ hours, I only had 4 explainable crashes which were alt-tabbing(I was doing weird things in the background), magic effect(now fixed in CF) and a mesh(something with smim carriages, seems to be fine now).

Slow down and read the docs, the "issues" you listed are some side-effects of SKGE.

SKGE has an issue with 1.5 where the game would crash, especially when trying to open the map.

FOV being locked is a side-effect for a fix. Here is a snip directly from the manual.

FoV = 90.0

Sets the field of view angle in degrees. Min=60.0; Max=120.0; 0.0=Disable overriding; Recommended=90.0.

Stuttering is not an issue that Im going to help with as it can be vastly different for everyone. I spent a day or so trying different settings and eventually came to my own conclusion which didnt hold true to my current build.

All I can say is slow down and think. The information is somewhat out there but it requires some poking and prodding.

Thanks. It's indeed Skyrim Reloaded/SKGE

And I wasn't saying Papyrus log was a crash log. I was just worried with all those errors, that I had installed a mod wrong, or forgot to put in some compatibility patch (which happens a lot). 

Either way, I haven't had a crash from map-spamming so far. 

Thanks for the help! :)

Update: It wasn't Skyrim Reloaded (although it did help with some other issues)

-Game crashes 50% of the time when the main menu shows up. Disabling the ENB (removing the .dll file) stops this. Not to mention make the load times much faster. No idea what its happening. It always crashes when loading games sometimes.

-Game still crashes from time to time with the map. The only map mod I have is A Quality World Map. Not sure if there is a conflict with VIVID weathers or not, but crashes are most common in Winterhold when its snowing. I set the SkyrimCrash Fixes to use a crash log, but it doesn't record anything. The game simply CTDs without warning.

-I've gotten a couple of crashes from a corrupted NIF. Looking on Reddit states that both Immersive Armors and Immersive Creatures have a couple of messed up nifs (Dwarven Mage Gauntlets for IA, and Goblin Rocks from SIC). I turned off the distribution for that piece of armor in IA, and the Goblin spawns in SIC. Not sure if it will help.

I forgot to mention that I was using a number of mods that doesn't have an ESP earlier:

-Better Stealing

-FNIS Behaviors

-FNIS PCEA2 (have a lot of custom animations)

-Simply Bigger Trees (and a larger tree LOD)

I checked with Save Game cleaner, and my game doesn't have orphaned scripts or anything.

Not sure what else I can do. I can't go 20 minutes without a CTD, and that is if my game gets to the main menu at all or is able to load the saved games.