Bashed Patch

z929669

This is because the report is shown, or trying to, before MO has been given access again from WB. This means WB is looking for Bashed patch, 0.html in the 'Overwrite' folder and it isn't there... yet. It will only appear once WB closes and MO has focus again.

Therefore the report you saw the second time was actually the report from the first run.

This is a known and unresolveable "issue" with MO that exists with only some users, myself included.

• 1 month later...

I updated my bash patch recently after having updated a few mods. My question is concerning the mods that are disabled as part of the process of creating the batch patch. After the process is finished, we are told in the instructions to only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp

Now that I want to load an old save, it mentions several plugins are no longer found: those that were disabled by the creation process of the batch patch. Should I re-enable them or load the save without them?

EDIT: Three ESPs missing from the save are:

GDJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

weapons & armor_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp

Traps Make Noise.esp

I'm thinking that I had these plugins enabled prior to the Batch Patch... Not sure if I should clean the save or not.

Edited by TenshoHappyCat

I answered this in your other support topic. Please do not "double post" in multiple topics.

The answer is it's safe to load without the plugins because the contents have been merged into your Bashed Patch.

Hi, This was unintentional. I first posted here and realized it was the wrong place and I couldn't see where I could delete my post. Please delete it for me. My apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following the STEP Extended guide for some time now and i am kinda "stuck" at the Bashed Patch phase. I am looking at the https://wiki.step-project.com/Bashed_Patch#Recommendations and there are couple of things that are still unclear to me so i am asking for help.

Step 4: At the Deactivate these mods... prompt, click [OK].

ESP files that are tagged NoMerge, BetterQuestObjectives.esp and WM Trap Fixes.esp, are deactivated during this process. My question is, when we create and activate our Bashed Patch, why should we only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp and not the EBQO.esp as well? I know the EBQO is only for STEP: Extended users like me so I am assuming the rule is updated only for users of STEP: Core guide?

Step 5: Ensure the following boxes are checked: "Merge Patches", "Import Names", "Import Stats", "Tweak Settings", and "Leveled Lists".

Does this mean we should only check those boxes and disable all other boxes ("Import Cells", "Import Graphics",  "Import Inventory" and "Import Sounds") or should i check them all?

Step 4: At the Deactivate these mods... prompt, click [OK].

ESP files that are tagged NoMerge, BetterQuestObjectives.esp and WM Trap Fixes.esp, are deactivated during this process. My question is, when we create and activate our Bashed Patch, why should we only re-enable WM Trap Fixes.esp and not the EBQO.esp as well? I know the EBQO is only for STEP: Extended users like me so I am assuming the rule is updated only for users of STEP: Core guide?

I'm not sure what you are asking so I will answer you in a literal sense according to your wording.

We only reactive those two mod because the other mods have been "merged" into the Bashed Patch.

Step 5: Ensure the following boxes are checked: "Merge Patches", "Import Names", "Import Stats", "Tweak Settings", and "Leveled Lists".

Does this mean we should only check those boxes and disable all other boxes ("Import Cells", "Import Graphics",  "Import Inventory" and "Import Sounds") or should i check them all?

Those are the ones that should be checked by default and are the only ones that are used in the STEP Guide, therefore, only they should be checked.

Those are the ones that should be checked by default and are the only ones that are used in the STEP Guide, therefore, only they should be checked.

They are all selected by default in my case and i followed STEP Extended guide to perfection.

Screenshots posted here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132869504@N02/albums/72157677756018510

Edited by Anarcho_Architect

• 4 months later...

I am not sure if this is an oversight, but in the Bashed Patch section, it states that "Enhanced Lighting for ENB-Lite" has LOOT meta rules, but the instruction page itself does not have any meta rules listed.

I just removed them. It's not going to matter for that mod anyway so you can skip it and make sure you add it later at the end of the Guide and rerun LOOT. Things are a bit messy right now. :teehee:

Gotcha. Thank you for the prompt response.