Wrye Bash/Smash/Flash Patcher updates

Sharlikran

Question

Wrye Bash 307-Experimental Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas/Oblivion/Skyrim patcher Update

This thread is to discuss and troubleshoot implementation of Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Oblivion and Skyrim patcher updates. This will be done using three different versions of Wrye Bash/Flash/Smash. Version 307.x will be primarily for Oblivion and Skyrim but anyone is more then welcome to test this version with Fallout. Since the current official releases for Fallout by Valda are working rather well and just need updating I will be providing links to those versions as well. I will use them as a baseline for the updates I am making to 307.x.

New releases will be on my OneDrive or a Mediafire Link. Version 307.x also marks the beginning of implementing Fallout 3 and Fallout NV support thanks to WrinklyNinja's previous efforts and starting the process for version 304.3. Valda updated Wrye Flash for Fallout 3 (30.x) and Fallout New Vegas (16.0) based off of a much older version of Wrye Bash (292 I think). Valda is not currently helping me with updates so if I can't make the changes myself they will remain unresolved. Please be patient while I wait for new volunteers that have time to help make updates.

To help with Bash Tags fireundubh has been kind enough to provide us with a beta script for xEdit that should work with all four versions. You can obtain Generate Bash Tags.pas from his GitHub repo. I am unaware of where you can post questions and bug reports at this time and I do not maintain that file so posting here will not get you the help you are looking for.

find updates to the script in this thread. Please post all bug reports and requests in that thread.

ATTN for Skyrim version: This version's Skyrim patcher is very new. Unless you know how to use TES5Edit and understand a great deal about plugins you may not want to use this version. Manual editing may be needed for the Bash patch to function correctly. Both Python and Standalone versions are available.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas: If you are using 306.x for Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas the Bash Patch should not have many issues since the code already existed to handle all the routines in the previous versions. Please report any issues so they can be corrected.

If you are using the official releases for FO3 and FNV they are very stable and quite usable in game. However, they do need updating so feel free to post issues you encounter with the Bash Patch.

Links to 307.x for FO3/FNV/Oblivion/Skyrim/FO4:

Wrye Bash 307.09_EXP - Python Source.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive
Wrye Bash 307.09_EXP - Standalone Executable.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive

Links to Wrye Flash by Valda:

Wrye Flash for FO3 v31.5 - Python Source.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive
Wrye Flash for FO3 v31.5 - Standalone Executable.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive
Wrye Flash for FNV v17.4 - Python Source.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive
Wrye Flash for FNV v17.4 - Standalone Executable.7z - MediaFire, OneDrive

Bethesda WIpz threads for FO3/FNV/Skyrim/Oblivion/FO4 Updates:

Skyrim
Oblivion
Fallout 3
Fallout NV
Fallout 4

STEP Thread:

Wrye Bash/Smash/Flash Experemental Patcher Updates

What kind of testing am I looking for?

I need people with a great deal of knowledge with Bash Tags and plugins to report errors with the Bash Patch for it's respective patchers. For example if a sound from a mod should have ended up in the bash patch but didn't, I need to know. The only bugs I am not interested in are Unicode related bugs. So if you go to install a mod and you get a Unicode error post that in the Wrye Bash thread.

What I am not looking for in regards to version 306.x:

The Python based patchers have never been updated that I am aware of. At least not for the last three years. If records do not carry over into the Bash Patch that clearly should be there I am not directly causing this. I am not experienced with Python enough to change the patcher's behaviour. I can only assign or update records and subrecords to their respective patchers. Once there are volunteers willing to help hopefully the patchers can be updated to produce a more accurate patch. In the meantime rather then assuming the patcher is buggy, I suggest checking all the Bash Tags by using the provided script.

In regards to CBash for Oblivion, I will consider updating the Python code that tells CBash what to do. However, if after I make updates, if the same issue is still occurring, I will not be able to update CBash itself. 99% of the time any issues with CBash will originate from flawed Python code.

Error reporting:

Post the Game you are using (FO3/FNV/TES4/TES5) the FormID of the record, what type of record it is (MGEF, INGR), the Subrecord involved, and the name of the field in xEdit. For example, "Skyrim SNDD - Sounds, Sound".

If I can't find a similar type of setup for the record in the CK/CS/GECK I may ask for a link to the mod.

Record structures:

Documentation for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas plugin file formats can be found on GitHub/fopdoc courtesy of WrinklyNinja

Documentation for Oblivion and Skyrim file formats can be found on UESP Wiki

Bash Tags

If you have forgotten the Bash Tags most of them are in this list. As I update Wrye Bash I will update that section to reflect changes I have made.

Supported Bash tags for 306.x:

Oblivion: Body-F, Body-M, Body-Size-M, Body-Size-F, C.Climate, C.Light, C.Music, C.Name, C.RecordFlags, C.Owner, C.Water, Deactivate, Delev, Eyes, Factions, Relations, Filter, Graphics, Hair, IIM, Invent, Names, NoMerge, NpcFaces, R.Relations, Relev, Scripts, ScriptContents, Sound, SpellStats, Stats, Voice-F, Voice-M, R.Teeth, R.Mouth, R.Ears, R.Head, R.Attributes-F, R.Attributes-M, R.Skills, R.Description, R.AddSpells, R.ChangeSpells, Roads, Actors.Anims, Actors.AIData, Actors.DeathItem, Actors.AIPackages, Actors.AIPackagesForceAdd, Actors.Stats, Actors.ACBS, NPC.Class, Actors.CombatStyle, Creatures.Blood, Actors.Spells, Actors.SpellsForceAdd, NPC.Race, Actors.Skeleton, NpcFacesForceFullImport, MustBeActiveIfImported, Npc.HairOnly, Npc.EyesOnly
Skyrim: C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Location, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.RecordFlags, C.Regions, C.SkyLighting, C.Water, Deactivate, Delev, Filter, Graphics, Invent, Names, NoMerge, Relev, Sound, Stats
Fallout 3: C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.RecordFlags, C.Water, Deactivate, Deflst, Delev, Destructible, Factions, Filter, Graphics, Invent, Names, NoMerge, Relations, Relev, Sound, Stats
Fallout New Vegas: C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Music, C.Name, C.Owner, C.RecordFlags, C.Water, Deactivate, Deflst, Delev, Destructible, Factions, Filter, Graphics, Invent, Names, NoMerge, Relations, Relev, Sound, Stats, WeaponMods

Supported Bash tags for Wrye Flash FNV:

Fallout New Vegas: Body-F, Body-M, Body-Size-M, Body-Size-F, C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Music, C.Name, C.RecordFlags, C.Owner, C.Water, Deactivate, Delev, Eyes, Factions, Relations, Filter, Graphics, Hair, IIM, Invent, Names, NoMerge, NpcFaces, R.Relations, Relev, Scripts, ScriptContents, Sound, Stats, Voice-F, Voice-M, R.Teeth, R.Mouth, R.Ears, R.Head, R.Attributes-F, R.Attributes-M, R.Skills, R.Description, Actors.Anims, Actors.AIData, Actors.DeathItem, Actors.AIPackages, Actors.AIPackagesForceAdd, Actors.Stats, Actors.ACBS, NPC.Class, Actors.CombatStyle, Creatures.Blood, NPC.Race, Actors.Skeleton, NpcFacesForceFullImport, MustBeActiveIfImported, Deflst, Destructible, WeaponMods

Supported Bash tags for Wrye Flash FO3:

Fallout 3: Body-F, Body-M, Body-Size-M, Body-Size-F, C.Acoustic, C.Climate, C.Encounter, C.ImageSpace, C.Light, C.Music, C.Name, C.RecordFlags, C.Owner, C.Water, Deactivate, Delev, Eyes, Factions, Relations, Filter, Graphics, Hair, IIM, Invent, Names, NoMerge, NpcFaces, R.Relations, Relev, Scripts, ScriptContents, Sound, Stats, Voice-F, Voice-M, R.Teeth, R.Mouth, R.Ears, R.Head, R.Attributes-F, R.Attributes-M, R.Skills, R.Description, Actors.Anims, Actors.AIData, Actors.DeathItem, Actors.AIPackages, Actors.AIPackagesForceAdd, Actors.Stats, Actors.ACBS, NPC.Class, Actors.CombatStyle, Creatures.Blood, NPC.Race, Actors.Skeleton, NpcFacesForceFullImport, MustBeActiveIfImported, Deflst, Destructible

Patcher Progress:
A link detailing which records are not functioning in Wrye Bash and an update of what is and isn't finished at this time is available on the Wrye Bash GitHub.

Skyrim Progress
Fallout Progress

I have a very limited knowledge of Python. I will need help if it involves more complex routines. Updating the records is pretty straight forward and sometimes the patchers make sense including reading the specific fields in a record like MGEF or whatever. So I will be able to update some things on my own. I will be posting in the Known Issues section things that have been reported that I cannot update or have not been updated.

Known Issues:

Oblivion:

None at this time.

Skyrim:

• Keywords are not copied into the Bash Patch.
  • VMAD records from loosing plugins are not copied into the Bash Patch.
  • Some records with repeating sounds like SNDR:ANAM are not carried over into the Bash Patch.
  • Special routine needed to handle INAM for Outfits.
  • LVLD - Chance None is not always utilized. Needs verification because code does look at this value.
  • CTDA conditions not always carried over into bash patch from loosing plugins.

CELL:

Interior cells

XCLW - Field is being blanked out, which may lead to Bash adding unnecessary records. If Bash needs to make a record for the cell, set it to the huge negative value. Otherwise don't import it at all.

Fallout 3:

None at this time.

Fallout New Vegas:

None at this time.

Version numbers will start with 306 but since this is a beta and not an official release I will make incremental updates, 306.0.01, and so on.

Volunteers Needed:

Currently I am looking for volunteers to contribute Wrye Bash. The main focus is updating Wrye Bash's Skyrim Patcher. However, this version also has limited Fallout 3 and Fallout NV support. Wrye Bash is written in Python so I am looking for people who are fairly knowledgeable with that programming language. You need to have Skyrim installed on your system so that you can test your updates to the code. If you wish to help with Fallout support then you should own a copy of Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

If you wish to help please PM me with your GitHub account name and which game mode you are willing to help with. P.S. please be willing to at least proofread my attempts to write Python code for Skyrim even if you prefer not to help with that and don't own a copy of Skyrim.

• +1 1

A thing I've noticed, the two Fallout version Wrye Flashs don't generate a blank bashed patch when you first run them.

Or if, as some do, you de-activate your existing patch and want to make a new one, you can't. Is this intentional or is just my installs that are wonky?

If you want different profiles with different patches you need to do a bit of backroom copy/paste to make folders and copy a blank bashed patch first and then run Wrye.

Unfortunatly that is correct. The official Wrye Flash version 16.9 and 31.1 don't copy the file. You have to copy it from Mopy\templates manually.

Uploaded 307.0.0 links are updated in OP.

Oblivion and Skyrim version has been updated to Utumno's code plus my attempts at enabling some of the patchers for Skyrim. No new patchers have been activated since 306.0.XX. The LOOT API is now 0.8.1 and should work with the updated syntax if you are using the latest version of LOOT. Also keep in mind that the Oblivion version uses the LOOT taglist and all of mhahn's updates with regards to bash tags only, have been added to the LOOT taglist. Therefore there is absolutely no difference in using BOSS or LOOT at this time as far as Bash Tags are concerned. Feel free to sort Oblivion mods with BOSS but all tags will be applied via the LOOT taglist and the LOOT userlist. No tags alterations will be read from the BOSS userlist.

For FO3/FNV everything is the same. The integration of FO3/FNV is still in it's conceptual stages. I am merely experimenting with how to make sure FO3/FNV/Oblivion have the same patchers activated when possible. If you plan on doing a serious play through I still recommend using Valda's version. I continue to update valda's version with regards to record definitions and patcher attributes when reported. Those versions are still available on the Nexus and it's best to post there if you feel a record is not properly defined.

As always, with over 112 records the bash patch for Skyrim takes a while to build. About 4 minutes for me. It will take longer as I add more things. When you start the patcher it will look like the program failed. It didn't. It will also look like it is going to close for some random reason. Ignore that and just let it finish. Have you ever noticed the number of references when you filter mods in TES5Edit? There is a number in the title bar that usually exceeds 1,000,000. Well there are over 1,000,000 if not over double or triple that depending on how many mods you have installed. So it will take a while to process.

Uploaded 307.0.2 links are updated in OP.

Minor code update. This version adds installer support for Fallout 4 thanks to Lojack. Can someone test it for me? I was gifted a copy of the game and I can't actually play it on my LGA 775 Quad Core. :confused:

I need to know if you get a error that there are no strings files, and I need to know if you can install and uninstall mods and what happens when you run the clean data routine.

Edited by Sharlikran

Worked okay for me, but it said that all my saves had corrupted headers. Guessing that part is not updated to detect FO4 stuff yet. Got an error when I started it up, but the install and uninstall process was working fine.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1796, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3953, in RefreshData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 4977, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3894, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 3111, in sameAs
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'size' 

I don't have any plugin mods yet, just textures.