CTD after install ENBoost by STEP

hardtroll

Question

Hi there, 

I am not an expert in modding at all, but I would like to follow STEP, and some GEMS mod to have a full modded Skyrim.

I am french and I will try to do my best to write in a proper bloodyhellwhatthe**** english.

My first problem remains at the ENBoost step (after Stable uGridsToLoad installation). SKSE from Mod orginiser cannot launch skyrim anymore, it result to a CTD !

When I remove d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini form my skyrim folder, I can launch via SKSE in mod orginiser and play again.

I have try to change enblocal.ini VideoMemorySizeMb=XXXX from 10240 to 5120, but it is same.

Have someone an idea about that ?

My system  i5-4590, 8 gb ram, and gtx 970

skyrim.ini : (trough Mod orginiser of course )

[General]

sLanguage=ENGLISH

uExterior Cell Buffer=36

sIntroSequence=

fFlickeringLightDistance=8192

[Display]

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0

fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0

fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048

bAllowScreenshot=1

fSunShadowUpdateTime=0.25

fSunUpdateThreshold=1.5

iPresentInterval = 1

[Audio]

fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0

fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0

fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0

[Grass]

bAllowCreateGrass=3

bAllowLoadGrass=0

[GeneralWarnings]

SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

[Combat]

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=0

bEnableTrace=0

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Water]

bReflectLODObjects=1

bReflectLODLand=1

bReflectSky=1

bReflectLODTrees=1

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288.0000

[Camera]

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderPosZ=18.0

fOverShoulderPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatAddY=0.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosZ=24.0

fOverShoulderCombatPosX=0.0

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=-72.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=50.0

fOverShoulderHorsePosX=35.0

fActorFadeOutLimit=-100

fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=60.0

f1st3rdSwitchDelay=0.95

iHorseTransitionMillis=001

[interface]

fBookOpenTime=200.0

fSafeZoneX=10

fSafeZoneY=10

fSafeZoneXWide=10

fSafeZoneYWide=10

[VATS]

fVATSCastingAfterKillDelay=1.2000

uVATSRangedPercentSneak=100

uVATSRangedPercentGlobal=100

bVATSMultipleCombatants=1

bVATSForceRanged=1

bVATSDisable=1

Enblocal.ini:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=5120
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

Thanks !!!!

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi there, 
Happy for you that it works for you ''prisoner'' ! I was exited this morning ton try this too, but unfortunatly, it doesn't work for me !

Here is 2 link to see screenshot of my skyrim directory and my data folder

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfmKfy298.htm

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfocI0dbc.htm

this is with the injector version, but with the wrapper it is same just replace the 6 highlighted ones by the 3 needed for from the wrapper version.

For skse installation look here :

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfxHxvQig.htm

and skse ini

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfy3l4ySE.htm

I really don't see were is the error ...

Hi there, 

Happy for you that it works for you ''prisoner'' ! I was exited this morning ton try this too, but unfortunatly, it doesn't work for me !

Here is 2 link to see screenshot of my skyrim directory and my data folder

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfmKfy298.htm

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfocI0dbc.htm

this is with the injector version, but with the wrapper it is same just replace the 6 highlighted ones by the 3 needed for from the wrapper version.

For skse installation look here :

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfxHxvQig.htm

and skse ini

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsfy3l4ySE.htm

I really don't see were is the error ...

Remove the enbseries.ini and see if it works. For the Injector version you should only have: enbhost.exe, ENBInjector.exe, enbinjector.ini, enblocal.ini, and enbseries.dll

Well, something new happen, strange for me ...

I just install this enbhost.exe, ENBInjector.exe, enbinjector.ini, enblocal.ini, and enbseries.dll, then when I launch the game (skse trough MO).....it creates a enebseries.ini quickly before trying to start, black screen, HOPE, and nothing.....

I feel sad or upset I don't know....

here is the link of the ini created

https://www.cjoint.com/15jv/EAsgjx0C9FI.htm

Now I deleted all this enbhost.exe, ENBInjector.exe, enbinjector.ini, enblocal.ini, and enbseries.dll, and the game start quickly

Try the wrapper version (just install d3d9.dll, enbhost.exe, and enblocal.ini files). Edit the enblocal.ini and make sure the first three section matches this:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

Set up the [MEMORY] section according to your system.

Not sure if it has been mentioned here on this thread or if it applies to the issue stated in the OP (sorry, no time to read through this entire thread), but look at this piece of the ENBlocal INI guide and note the warning.

Could someone please confirm this?

I know there is an "injector" version, but if the wrapper version does not work, it is almost certainly due to a configuration error. The injector version is probably side-stepping the underlying reason that the wrapper version does not work. ... that is, unless someone can explain exactly why wrapper version does not work under specified conditions but injector version does.

Could someone please confirm this?

I know there is an "injector" version, but if the wrapper version does not work, it is almost certainly due to a configuration error. The injector version is probably side-stepping the underlying reason that the wrapper version does not work. ... that is, unless someone can explain exactly why wrapper version does not work under specified conditions but injector version does.

Certain cards will not work with the Wrapper version which is the reason the Injector version exists. This is common knowledge around ENBSeries. What you want tested is confirmed by his last post since it's set to false.

@hardtroll,

You can try the Injector version without the enbseries.ini and setting up the enblocal.ini in the same way I mentioned above. If that does not work, there is something else interfering that is not related to ENBSereis.

Certain cards will not work with the Wrapper version which is the reason the Injector version exists. This is common knowledge around ENBSeries. What you want tested is confirmed by his last post since it's set to false.

@hardtroll,

You can try the Injector version without the enbseries.ini and setting up the enblocal.ini in the same way I mentioned above. If that does not work, there is something else interfering that is not related to ENBSereis.

I was referring to the OP-er ... and I too have long know the suppositions around the wrapper versus injector version, but for the past 3 years, all I have ever seen is a black box without any specifics as to why the wrapper version does not work with "some cards" ...

... why? what cards specifically?

This info would be nice to have so that we could head those use cases off at the pass (so to speak)

I was referring to the OP-er ... and I too have long know the suppositions around the wrapper versus injector version, but for the past 3 years, all I have ever seen is a black box without any specifics as to why the wrapper version does not work with "some cards" ...

... why? what cards specifically?

This info would be nice to have so that we could head those use cases off at the pass (so to speak)

I know it's mainly mobile based cards; however, the only way to get a definitive answer is to go ask Boris... and then run for your life! :lol:

Problem is that it is not always just "some cards" ... it is "some cards and 3rd party software". It can be some mostly harmless widget addon the user likes and forgot was installed.. but it also does the same calls that ENB does which cause windows to say... access denied.

Also in many cases of ENB not working then it is some DirectX dependency that is not installed... again something that is annoying, and will help create this black box type scenario.  

HEHE something looks good ! Thank you dragon king, I can launch the game now ( after lauching the injector) BUT I got this message in red (after the logo of ENBseries, Boris ...etc):

Patch Speedhack ENBoost turned on in enblocal.ini, graphic modification disabled

So, does it means that I don't really get the injector ?

What's the next step ??