Priority List

PioneerRaptor

Question

Hello all,

This is kind of support and a suggestion all at once. I think it would be helpful to have a screenshot of the final Priority List for the STEP: Core and STEP: Extended mods. This would allow modders to compare their list to make sure everything is sorted correctly. While the Wiki is mostly setup to make sure having is setup correctly by installing in the order given, the first part is not clear.

Specifically, I am unsure of the order of the following mods: 

- SKSE

- STD_opt

- Stable uGridsToLoad

- Distant Decal Fix

- Unofficial Skyrim Patch

- Unmanaged: Dawnguard

- Dawnguard_opt

- Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

- Unmanaged: Hearthfires

- Hearthfires_opt

- Unofficial Hearthfire Patch

- Unmanaged: Dragonborn

- Dragonborn_opt

- Unofficial DragonbornPatch

- Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01

- Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02

- Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03

- HRDLC1_opt
          - HRDLC2_opt

- HRDLC3_opt

- Unofficial High Resolution Patch

Second, perhaps listing how many mods there should be. For example, I have 262 Mods in the Left Pane, but this might be because I downloaded them and then put them into the Mod Organizer/Downloads folder since I couldn't get the Nexus links to automatically download in MO. Therefore, I think some mods that were supposed to "Merge" did not merge.

5 answers to this question

I tend to agree with you about the necessity of having a complete modlist for whichever STEP guide you are following.

While the plugin load order will always be sorted because of the use of LOOT, or sometimes BOSS, is stipulated, there might still be errors if a mod that contains needed assets is not placed correctly.

• +1 1

start with Distant Decal Fix, then STD opt, Unofficial Skyrim patch, Unmanaged Dawnguard, Dawnguard Opt, Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, (same basic format for Hearthfires and Dragonborn, ie the unmanaged, then the opt textures, then the patch).

After that interlace the HRDLC's and their optimised versions. Then the high resolution patch.

Then SKSE and the stable Ugrids.

Edited by Nozzer66
  • +1 1

@GrantSP You are right, we do have LOOT for the plugins but there is nothing to determine the Mod list other than the STEP Wiki, which should theoretically be correct but I'm always a fan of double checking. Plus, if I look at the this and see that I can merge some mods, that would be awesome so that I don't have so many! And of course, it wouldn't be heard to get a Mod List, a simple Text File or screenshot would suffice.

@Nozzer66 Thank you! However, the Dawnguard_Opt, Hearthfires_Opt, and Dragonborn_Opt are flagged as redundant. Is this supposed to be like that?

Edited by PioneerRaptor

The case for wanting to merge a mod or not isn't relevant. There are no restrictions on the number of mods in the left-hand pane and if a mod can be merged it usually is presented as an offer upon installation.

As to where this list comes from, that's easy, it is the modlist.txt for the profile used. The way MO formulates it means it is in reverse order but it shows ALL installed mods and whether they are loaded or not and the main files are flagged with an asterix.