• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Erenar

Erenar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Bah, it was all going so well. 25 hours in and now I can't go anywhere near Embershard mine without CTD. Time to re-evaluate.

#32 Zegorzalek

Zegorzalek

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

Is there a rough mod order available for this setup I can compare my list with?

I have the SRLE set up and running.... mostly. I have a 2GB GPU and made revisions/tweaks based on this thread:

http://wiki.step-pro..._Medium_Systems

Additionally I removed a couple items all together, namely Footprints, Frostfall, INeed, Bathing in Skyrim. After doing this I noticed a significant improvement in game smoothness and no more endless loading screens. I have not optimized the armors as yet.

In reading this thread with a desire to add Perma (I enjoyed SkyRE) on top of my choice of setup, am I to understand I may need to drop ASIS to best incorporate the Perma setup?

I am mainly looking at the possibility of time saving measures as I add a couple CORE mods into the SRLE setup, JK's town textures from REGS, and some of my own personal choices. I am looking at the conflict resolution tutorial and pages, and figure if I am rebuilding patches and such, if I need to remove ASIS, now would be a good time.

Thoughts?

#33 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

@Zegorzalek

This setup works if you place the mods in the Pack after the mods from SR:LE, REGS,  or SR:LE + REGS. I do not personally use ASIS and believe it's pointless with PerMa anyways in regards to the reasons Neovalen included it.

@Erener

Post your enblocal.ini , and skse.ini in spoilers like so

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

I assume you've followed this?

#34 Erenar

Erenar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

I've followed a number of tweak and optimise pages, but STEP "endorsed" pages as I know some people like to say this and that works but actually don't know the implications of certain settings.

SKSE.ini

enblocal.ini

Load Order is below for info:

Active Mod Files:

Edited by Erenar, 03 March 2015 - 05:29 PM.

#35 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:40 PM

So did you try the -forcesteamloader argument to your skse executable as discussed in the thread I linked?

http://forum.step-pr...-memory-issues/

ForceSteamLoader.png

#36 Erenar

Erenar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

I'll admit I didn't. From what you wrote, that seemed to only be necessary if the memory blocks weren't showing as 512 and 256. Mine showed the correct values. I'll give it a try as it can't hurt.

Btw, the game runs fine in general, it's only just outside Embershard mine that it crashes or when trying to save there. I'm wondering if Helgen Reborn is causing an issue so I might see if I can progress that quest to check if it changes anything (ie reduces script processing or bandit generation)... I'm up for trying anything to be honest. Also, the issue lies at the entrance, not exit of Embershard. It seems very cell specific.

Edit: Crash still occurs when entering the entrance (not exiting it if entered from the exit cave), also when trying to save just outside the entrance. Just about to try leaving the entrance and moving to Riverwood before attempting a save.

Seems to be something to do with that particular cell. As soon as I enter it I can't leave it as cell transition or fast travel cause a crash. Oh well. I guess I'll have to steer clear of it :)

Edited by Erenar, 04 March 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#37 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:15 PM

Just to note: Version 1.2 of Perma is out.

That fixes a few things, including T3nd0's SNAFU with Wintermyst. However it introduces a few more, like an occasional inability ro lockpick at all, (which there's a hotfix for) or more annoyingly, no xp gain for successful lockpicks once you get the ability to lockpick working.

Have rolled back to 1.1 with the Wintermyst fix for now.

#38 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Still waiting for 2.0 before giving this a go. :)

Thank you beta testers... hehe.

#39 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

Yeah I think I've run into every possible issue so far with this one. It's not helping when T3nd0's made two screwups with 1.1 and 1.2 releases that needed hotfixes.

Still, I'll punch along with it. Most of what people are claiming as issues are either their own mistakes in modding or java installations.

It's similar with Spears by Soolie. When it does work it is sensational, just gotta jump through a few hoops. :)

Edited by Nozzer66, 04 March 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#40 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

Yes, it works well (fantastic) on my end. Just need time to sort my assignments out, which isn't a bad thing it'll let the authors fine tune things a bit more.

#41 Zegorzalek

Zegorzalek

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

@ Erenar - thanks for the info list. I have about finished my "weed" through the variety of CORE and SRLE mods + a few personal faves that I wanted.... narrowed a lot down for ease of resolution. Only thing I am taking from REGS is the JK All in one I believe.

@ Phazer, thanks for the encouragement/advice.

Next up on the docket is to make a conflict resolution between the added items and the SRLE setup I believe.

Sounds like Perma will work... but may need some tweaking. Have not completely decided yet. I have been messing with this load setup for about 6 weeks and would really like to get playing the game again. If Perma needs weekly tweaking, not sure I am interested in that and after playing with SkyRE I am not sure I can tolerate the vanilla perks... aw heck the decisions...

#42 Erenar

Erenar

Prisoner

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:43 PM

SPERG has an interesting perk setup with some nice perk mechanisms (like auto learning each base mastery perk as you hit the correct level, ie adept destruction). ACE is another alternative. Perma 1.1 seems stable enough with the fix though... but as with Windows releases, let other people beta test and iron the bugs out ;)

#43 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:57 PM

Don't tweak it weekly. Use 1.1 with the Wintermyst fix and leave it like that till we get a good solid build of Perma.

#44 Zegorzalek

Zegorzalek

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

@ Nozzer... thats what I originally DLed about a month ago when starting this process... and then dropped it when I saw all the moving pieces. may have to look at it again. I have a decent idea of what/how I want to play, but Hades, its taking forever to get the load set and checked....

#45 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:16 AM

There's a fix now for 1.2 that fixes the lockpicking on Nexus, but apparently there's still an Alchemy issue...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users