RadeonPro and D3D9 hooking

Carnage2k4

Question

The RadeonPro forums cannot be joined until the Admin gets back... if he ever dose, so I thought I just ask here.

Does anyone know what the Advanced D3D9 Hooking in RadeonPro does? and If it is necessary?

I ask, as I worked out that disabling Advanced D3D9 Hooking in RP settings allows me to use an ENB and therefore ENBoost.

I'm currently forced to use RP (which will disable ENBoost) in order to cap Skyrims FPS, else I suffer from the flying creatures and flashing land water glitches, the ENBoost caping and Vsync don't seem to fix the problem (believe me I spend 2 days trying to fix it without resorting to RP).

So yeah, I just want to know if anyone has any incite into the benefits of having Advanced D3D9 Hooking in RadeonPro.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I'm currently forced to use RP (which will disable ENBoost)

I'm using an ENB, and the visual effects work flawless with RP.

But how does one notice that the ENBoost part isn't working? I would really like to know that, since I also have to use RadeonPro to cap fps due to Vsync problems.

Edited by TirigonX

I know this is not very helpful, but RadeonPro is dead. The guy was hired by AMD (I think) to work on something that could probably be seen as a partial competition, and he basically abandoned this. It's also very outdated. I'd look for alternatives for whatever it is you want to do with it.

I guess it's working for me then. I use about 90% of SR:LE, everything from REGS except quest mods, PerMa and a couple more.

I use these settings in RadeonPro, everything else is left at default:

1GMbBxw  aqfznVa

I have not disabled advanced d3d hooking and ENB and apparently ENBoost are working as intended. I don't know what it's good for unfortunately. According to RP's manual it is required for RP to function properly.

I did a quick test with that option disabled and didn't see any difference. ENB was still working and FPS were still capped.

Edited by TirigonX

I know this is not very helpful, but RadeonPro is dead. The guy was hired by AMD (I think) to work on something that could probably be seen as a partial competition, and he basically abandoned this. It's also very outdated. I'd look for alternatives for whatever it is you want to do with it.

He was hired by Raptr according his blog post and I think you might be referring to AMD Gaming Evolved.