6 replies to this topic

#1 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

Yesterday I uploaded a new version of 2 screenshot images for use in the Fallout optimization quick-start guide. One worked fine, but with the one for Fallout NV I uploaded the new image file version but the image shown is that of the old image. I've seen this issue in the past and solved it by deleting all versions of the image and loading only the new version, but I don't see deleting file versions as a possibility on the screen with the file history.

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Sounds like a caching issue ... did you hard refresh?

What is the page location for the source image and the page location where you are trying to call it?

#3 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

There is a delete link in the first column when viewing the File History.

I see an upload for FNV VanillaTexturesDirectories after Optimization.jpg, is that the one? I see 3 uploads on the 17th. The last two are of the same area of a window, by they do contain differences, albeit subtle.

#4 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:47 AM

I did a cache reset, as Z suggested, and I now get the correct version of the image in the browser. I should have remembered that :facepalm: .

However, I still can't figure how to delete images. I have a revert link in the first column when I look at File History, not a delete link.

#5 hishutup

hishutup

Daedric Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

There really isn't a delete unless the file page is "deleted" by one of the step staff/admins and even then, the page can be brought back :/

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

Yes, nothing is ever permanently deleted unless wiped from the DB tables.

Glad hard refresh did the trick. If you have the options, try PAGE TOOLS > REFRESH to do the same for anything related to SMW ... it is like a hard refresh + a SMW refresh.

#7 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

Deletion of content is currently limited to members of the siteadmin group in MediaWiki, which is why the option isn't available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: issue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users