224 replies to this topic

#211 MissShaoHuan

MissShaoHuan

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:38 PM

I'm not sure what record prototyping is ... should I redo my Smashed Patch?

I mean I'd rather not, I always have to manually edit a bunch of things when I do ^_^"

#212 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

I'm not sure what record prototyping is ... should I redo my Smashed Patch?

I mean I'd rather not, I always have to manually edit a bunch of things when I do ^_^"

If you already have a smashed patch which looked good in xEdit there should be no need to redo things.

Record prototyping is the name I've given to smash generating tree structures for smash settings based on xEdit record definitions.  Essentially, a "record prototype" is a structure which contains the names and types of all of the elements/subrecords a record can have.  In the past certain elements were not being prototyped, causing smash settings to be incomplete and conflicts in certain elements/subrecords to be missed by smash.

#213 MissShaoHuan

MissShaoHuan

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:27 PM

If you already have a smashed patch which looked good in xEdit there should be no need to redo things.

Record prototyping is the name I've given to smash generating tree structures for smash settings based on xEdit record definitions.  Essentially, a "record prototype" is a structure which contains the names and types of all of the elements/subrecords a record can have.  In the past certain elements were not being prototyped, causing smash settings to be incomplete and conflicts in certain elements/subrecords to be missed by smash.

Ohh ok, I think that makes sense. I'm still getting used to this CR thing. I did wonder why patch missed a few things sometimes so I might redo the patch anyway and see how it differs. Thanks :D

#214 JawZ

JawZ

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

I do wonder if this might improve the build by plugins and auto set attributes features?

In any case I've spent most of my free time during this weekend getting to grips with the "smash arsenal", I'll have to checks this out when I get home later :)

#215 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Notice me Senpai!

Hey Mator.

I've been a big fan of this and your other works (Namely Merge Plugins) for a while. I wanted to pick your brain on my usage of this tool.

Firstly this is how I currently use it;

1- Within Tes5Edit
     Run Bash Tag Autodetect Version: 1.4.1 (by fireundubh)
     (Each esp individually)
2- Mator Smashed
     For added thoroughness, Run LooT, Apply additional Bash Tags to mods
3- Then Check through Tes5edit for any conflicts/issues that can arise.
     Usually just design choices, or things that got merged when they shouldn't be.

But, I just got v0.4 and suddenly decided to check out the auto function. (Bash.All newly Smash.All)

Now my question is, if i was a woman, would you make babies with me? And is it best for me to continue with my current routine? Or, is this safe?

1- Mator Smash
     Tag full mod list with Smash.All
2- Tes5edit check

#216 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

is it best for me to continue with my current routine? Or, is this safe?

1- Mator Smash
     Tag full mod list with Smash.All
2- Tes5edit check

Looks safe to me.  Just note that Smash.All was recently changed and is still in the process of being tested.  Some users have reported their smashed patch creating crashes.  If you into issues let me know and use Bash.All instead.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Mator, 21 February 2017 - 05:34 PM.

#217 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Awesome,

So it's a "safe" idea to just auto bash/smash the entire mod list. Aslong as i keep in mind the new 'Smash.All' is NEW

edit,

So glad to get away from that bash tagging. It seemed like a good idea. But soooo damn fiddly.

P.S

Am I right in thinking i should skip Skyrim.esm?

Edited by 7hr08ik, 21 February 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#218 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

Am I right in thinking i should skip Skyrim.esm?

Yes, you should skip Skyrim.esm and the DLC ESMs.  :)

#219 7hr08ik

7hr08ik

Guard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

Thank you Senpai

#220 gpthree

gpthree

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

I'm probably missing something but I do not see any settings for Fallout 4.

#221 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

I'm probably missing something but I do not see any settings for Fallout 4.

You have to make them.  I only ship Skyrim setting with Smash currently.

#222 gpthree

gpthree

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

You have to make them.  I only ship Skyrim setting with Smash currently.

I should have came back and edited my post, I did just that afterwards. Made a setting for all and I seemed to have made it correctly.

Thanks a lot.

#223 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:22 AM

I should have came back and edited my post, I did just that afterwards. Made a setting for all and I seemed to have made it correctly.

Thanks a lot.

Nice!  If you want you can share your settings here for other users.  Just add your settings folder to a zip archive, upload, and post a link here.  :)

#224 JawZ

JawZ

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 AM

I've had the issue with crashes using the smash.all setting from the latest release, and earlier as well.
So I made a new smash all setting, adding one record tree at a time, and made the necessary edits. However there are some records that MatorSmash isn't including in it's forwarding, a condition tree among other things. I'm not sitting in front of my PC so I have to wait until I get home from work to add more detail info about this.

#225 Mator

Mator

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:42 AM

I've had the issue with crashes using the smash.all setting from the latest release, and earlier as well.
So I made a new smash all setting, adding one record tree at a time, and made the necessary edits. However there are some records that MatorSmash isn't including in it's forwarding, a condition tree among other things. I'm not sitting in front of my PC so I have to wait until I get home from work to add more detail info about this.

Alright, I'm looking forward to hearing about your findings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users