• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#271 mrsmexythebeast

mrsmexythebeast

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 02:16 AM

Hey Mator, I had a quick question. Mator Smash essentially combines the functionality of a bashed patch and a merged patch (and does each one better), but how would we go about patching a mod with instructions to be included in the bashed patch but not the merged patch? Quite amateur modder here and new to Mator Smash, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question. The mod I'm talking about specifically is Scarcity. Taken from Scarcity's mod page: 

• For compatibility with other mods, use Wrye Bash to create a Bashed Patch. Include "Scarcity - Less Loot.esp" and your chosen rarity module(s) in the Bashed Patch (DO NOT use any Bashed Tags). Remember that you must rebuild your Bashed Patch whenever your load order changes, this includes when you want to change rarity modules.
  • If you are also using TES5Edit DO NOT include any of Scarcity's .esp's in your Merged Patch.

Thanks for your help and your great work on both this and Merge Plugins; they are life-savers.

#272 GamerPoets

GamerPoets

Jarl

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

POPULAR

... just throwing it out there that there's a semi insane but glad to be helpful video creator out there who will be happy to create certain things for certain topics if certain people ever want them at certain times. Generally he needs certain things to be taught to him like he's a child because this certain person takes a while to grasp things lol but ... he really does like being helpful = ) 

(GP has graduated from having issues to full blown subscriptions)

#273 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hey Mator, I had a quick question. Mator Smash essentially combines the functionality of a bashed patch and a merged patch (and does each one better), but how would we go about patching a mod with instructions to be included in the bashed patch but not the merged patch? Quite amateur modder here and new to Mator Smash, so I'm sorry if this is a silly question. The mod I'm talking about specifically is Scarcity. Taken from Scarcity's mod page: 

Thanks for your help and your great work on both this and Merge Plugins; they are life-savers.

I think you can just ignore that then.  The mod author probably recommended against using the merged patch because it is in many ways buggy, and forwards things in an odd fashion.  You could ask the author for more information.  Smash should handle it perfectly.  If you wanted to be extra safe you could apply the Bash.All setting to the Scarcity ESPs.

... just throwing it out there that there's a semi insane but glad to be helpful video creator out there who will be happy to create certain things for certain topics if certain people ever want them at certain times. Generally he needs certain things to be taught to him like he's a child because this certain person takes a while to grasp things lol but ... he really does like being helpful = ) 

Feel free to shoot me an email or PM whenever you feel up for it.  :)

I do think if we get to the point of you making a video I will need to make a Nexus Mods page for Mator Smash.

#274 Darth_mathias

Darth_mathias

Dragon King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:50 AM

Personally, I would love to see a Tutorial series on Mator Smash from you Michael as you are always my first point of call for video tutorials. Me and my wife have been nibbling around the edges of Samsh for a while she will be takig a look at it with the possibility of replacing Wrye Bash patch for our SRLE Extended LOTD guide but she frist needs to work out for herself how it works and a tutorial from you would really help with that.

#275 FuzzyDuck

FuzzyDuck

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:02 AM

So.
Err.
Anyone created settings for Fallout 04 ?

#276 Freso

Freso

Prisoner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:23 AM

Anyone created settings for Fallout 04 ?

There's a "Smash.All" setting in git that will almost certainly be included in the next Smash release: https://github.com/m...ttings/Fallout4

Edit: I've been using it (by copying it into the current 0.4.1 release) and it seems to work as well as can be expected.

Edited by Freso, 19 June 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#277 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

I'm about to take the plunge, the waters are cold and unknown...

Where to start...

#278 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:10 AM

Is there a smash setting that you can set so that a plugin overwrites previous plugins even though the data of the record is identical to skyrim.esm? Example, magicPerk.esp doesn't forward changes from USLEEP and the author says it shouldn't. The smash.all setting does forward USLEEP changes per design, if USLEEP is included in the patch. I know you probaly can edit the smash-setting on all records that magicPerk.esp conflicts with but it would be easier if you didn't have to.

#279 twizz0r

twizz0r

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Hey Mator!

FO4/MO2: Any advice on hunting down the source record of this error?

Removing ITPO: DLC03_miscmod_mod_RadiumRifle_Mag_SmallQuick "Radium Rifle Standard Quick Eject Magazine" [MISC:030407E8]
Removing ITPO: DLC03_miscmod_mod_RadiumRifle_Mag_LargeQuick "Radium Rifle Large Quick Eject Magazine" [MISC:030407E7]

Exception removing ITPOs: Overflow while converting variant of type (LongWord) into type (Integer)

i know the mod that's causing this (Frost). The smashed patch causes a CTD for FO4 before the menu. If i remove the smashed patch, FO4 runs fine. If i skip frost.esp and re-smash, it runs fine.

Can u/l logs if you think it would help, but i don't see anything illustrative.

Thanks!

#280 twizz0r

twizz0r

Prisoner

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

MS has a smash setting for Scarcity. Use that rather than any bash tags or the Smash.all setting and you should be fine.

#281 austen1000

austen1000

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Greetings. I seem to be having trouble using this properly with Fallout 4. It works great with all the other games I have, but, for some reason, whenever I go to load the Fallout 4 profile up, the load order within its plugin selection list is messed up, causing some mods to not be able to load due to masters for them loading above their own masters (for example, Armorkeyword.esm loads above all the DLC esms). The load order in Wyre Bash (which I use for the BAIN installer at this point) and FO4Edit is normal, and this issue is absent from all other games I've tested.

Also, any chance that Morrowind/OpenMW will ever be usable with this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users