280 replies to this topic

#16 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

I guess I will wait until those big issues are taken care of because they make looking for other issues difficult.

Yeah, I gotta do work! :D

#17 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

I contacted Tannin for you Mator. Hopefully he'll be able to help you setup a tracker (or at least point you in the right direction).

#18 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

I contacted Tannin for you Mator. Hopefully he'll be able to help you setup a tracker (or at least point you in the right direction).

Thanks!

#19 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Okay, v0.8.6 is out.

I didn't fix any of the issues asides from the Record Header traversal issue that was throwing that wbImplementation.pas Assertion Error.  I did, however, add lots of new GUI stuff.  Read the OP for more on that.  I'll be focusing on the other major issues in the next few betas.

#20 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

v0.8.7 released.  See the changes in the OP.

Overall: Massive reduction in execution time and (hopefully) no more dirty conflict resolution in VMAD/Conditions/Effects.

#21 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

Is anyone using this? Is it safe enough to use on regular games?

#22 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

Is anyone using this? Is it safe enough to use on regular games?

Several people are using it currently.  alt3rnity has some nice posts in the thread on AFKMods.

#23 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

v0.9.0 is released.  This is a major release.  I'll be doing numerous small iterations working towards a v1.0, but the core functionality of the script is complete.

#24 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:52 PM

I need to start testing this thing. If it is getting nearer to release then dropping WB for the guide would be pretty awesome.

#25 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:53 PM

I need to start testing this thing. If it is getting nearer to release then dropping WB for the guide would be pretty awesome.

I'm going to second that, but I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about what this is doing. I really need to get into the patching realm.

#26 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, this is going to be finished very soon.  There are things to be doing still, but things are moving fast so it's going to be getting completed here very soon.  Literally all records can be conflict resolved now.  From here on out my todos for this aren't going to affect functionality - everything from here on out will be geared towards usability.

gHGvY.png

I'm going to second that, but I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about what this is doing. I really need to get into the patching realm.

It's pretty easy to see what it does just by poking around in xEdit.  If you've ever used Wyre Bash with Oblivion mods, then think that except better (tags not required, conflicts automatically detected).

How it does this, however, is much more complicated and isn't something I'd recommend someone to try to understand unless they're comfortable with certain programming concepts (mainly recursion).

#27 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,126 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

It's pretty easy to see what it does just by poking around in xEdit.  If you've ever used Wyre Bash with Oblivion mods, then think that except better (tags not required, conflicts automatically detected).

How it does this, however, is much more complicated and isn't something I'd recommend someone to try to understand unless they're comfortable with certain programming concepts (mainly recursion).

That's the bit I need to really learn. I can poke around in xEdit and make simple patches, but I'm no where near the level that EssArrBee is on with xEdit. He's our resident patcher, but a few other members of the staff should get closer to his level since we can't be expected to lean on him any time a patch issue arises.

#28 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:22 PM

I have messed with it here and there and generally understand how it's done, but I have not worked it enough to do it fast. I did dive into localization stuff for SGD though, which is a bit of a PITA.

I recently did some Git training as well, but I am not yet committed to contributing to the patches at this point. I go all or nothing pretty much, so one of these days I may take it up and train with SRB's processes.

#29 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

If someone finally makes a viable patcher, my process will be about 20 minutes of work for all the STEP plugins.

I look forward to our oncoming dynamic patching overlords.

#30 Mator

Mator

Jarl

• Mod Authors
  • 549 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:36 PM

That's the bit I need to really learn. I can poke around in xEdit and make simple patches, but I'm no where near the level that EssArrBee is on with xEdit. He's our resident patcher, but a few other members of the staff should get closer to his level since we can't be expected to lean on him any time a patch issue arises.

Well with Smash it'll hopefully move from the area of "hard to do and need other people to work on it" to the realm of "anyone can do it for their load order with a few clicks".

I have messed with it here and there and generally understand how it's done, but I have not worked it enough to do it fast. I did dive into localization stuff for SGD though, which is a bit of a PITA.

I recently did some Git training as well, but I am not yet committed to contributing to the patches at this point. I go all or nothing pretty much, so one of these days I may take it up and train with SRB's processes.

Smash isn't quite as fast as I want it to be yet, but it's pretty fast.  Certainly faster than manually patching... haha.

If someone finally makes a viable patcher, my process will be about 20 minutes of work for all the STEP plugins.

I look forward to our oncoming dynamic patching overlords.

^_^

You should definitely check smash out.  Like now.  I'm constantly fixing things, but it's getting pretty good.  Also check out the github issue tracker to see what I'm aware of and what I'm working on-

https://github.com/m...tScripts/issues

There's a thread on AFKMods which has been contributed to a lot as well, so you can check that out too-
http://afkmods.iguan...ip-mator-smash/

Edited by Mator, 19 March 2015 - 11:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users