Skyrim Installation Guide

@Fri & All

Added a small Note to the end of the mods section of the SIG pointing to the steps necessary to simply revert to a clean Skyrim installation in the event of a modding error (or a severe OCD attack during modding ;) ).

I considered moving this entirely from the WBG to the SIG (and addinga link-to from the WBG), but it seemed too out of context, as I could not find a "natural" point to insert that section.

Why the hell am I thinking about this you say? Well, I am working on the STEP PDF Project guide, and this is useful info for STEPers, irrespective of using a mod manager of any kind or not. In the event of an issue, they need to know how to clean up and start over quickly and easily.

@STEP Team,

Let me know if you need access to Roogal's STEP share on DropBox.

Good call, I had intended to include that somewhere but I had similar issues with where to put it and then it went out of mind...

I suppose I'll just break down and make a whole backup and restore section, I'm also not happy with the Mods section at all and will include a much more robust manual installation advice, and probably the clean save procedure as well.

I tried to open the step pdf from dropbox and openoffice just mutilated it so I can't really help with the editing, I don't suppose theres a save or export to opendoc format?

Saved as ODT. See if you can open that. If you make your suggestions/comments obvious, I can add them to the word version. Perhaps we can eventually convert to openOffice as well, but I am not as familiar with that prog.

I'll just mirror your wb installation section when your done with it, I was gonna add a link to the new troubleshooting section in case people ran into the can't find skyrim dir problem.

edit: added it myself and mirrored, let me know if you make any further changes, or just mirror it yourself. :D

I happened to be going through the guide and noticed step 3 had been revised. What's changed from the original direction?

The DLC section you mean? I just added this "This section is currently broken just use the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized as described in the last step". We took down a mod due the the authors wishes.

Yep, thanks for the clarification, fri. I started following the DDSopt guide and got as far as the "Repair the HRDLC Textures" section yesterday. I jumped to the SIG and started following the previous instructions (DLC_fix, DLC Tweaks, bat file)...when I came back to it this morning, I noticed the instructions changed on the wiki.

Is it safe to assume I can skip the DLC repair, complete the DDSopt optimization of the HRDLC, then just use the BAINs I create along with the Hi-Res DLC Optimized? Or is that redundant?