[Solved] Still getting CTD after STEP 2.2

cykososhull

Question

10 answers to this question

I've followed the instructions to a T.  It seems everything installed flawlessly but when I load the skse loader it still CTD.  I'm running out of options. suggestions?

If it's crashing at startup that means it's an ESP issue.  What mod manager are you using and are you using BOSS correctly?  One other thing to try is to disable a few ESPs at a time until you can successfully start a new game and narrow it down.

Remember, if you're using MO you have to add BOSS as an executable, you can't just run it normally.  You also have to start SKSE through MO every time you want to play in order to start the virtualization.

Look whether you have any esp/esm files activated by your mod utility that require Dawnguard.esm and deactivate them if you DON'T use Dawnguard! I think BFS needs a "Non-Dawnguard" esp you have to download separately. You still have to deactivate the Dawnguard esp, though!

I've followed the instructions to a T.  It seems everything installed flawlessly but when I load the skse loader it still CTD.  I'm running out of options. suggestions?

If it's crashing at startup that means it's an ESP issue.  What mod manager are you using and are you using BOSS correctly?  One other thing to try is to disable a few ESPs at a time until you can successfully start a new game and narrow it down.

Remember, if you're using MO you have to add BOSS as an executable, you can't just run it normally.  You also have to start SKSE through MO every time you want to play in order to start the virtualization.

I'm using NMM. BOSS shouldn't be an issue if I'm using NMM should it?  I'll try disabling ESPs and report back if I come across a fix. Thanks.

I'm using NMM. BOSS shouldn't be an issue if I'm using NMM should it?  I'll try disabling ESPs and report back if I come across a fix. Thanks.

You definitely need to use BOSS, regardless of the mods manager you're using.

Look whether you have any esp/esm files activated by your mod utility that require Dawnguard.esm and deactivate them if you DON'T use Dawnguard! I think BFS needs a "Non-Dawnguard" esp you have to download separately. You still have to deactivate the Dawnguard esp though!

The most difficult troubleshooting times are always when you discover that you overlooked something so obvious.  When I ran BOSS, I failed to notice: Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp sitting in my face.  Thanks for the advice. I love this community and their work.

Look whether you have any esp/esm files activated by your mod utility that require Dawnguard.esm and deactivate them if you DON'T use Dawnguard! I think BFS needs a "Non-Dawnguard" esp you have to download separately. You still have to deactivate the Dawnguard esp' date=' though!

The most difficult troubleshooting times are always when you discover that you overlooked something so obvious.  When I ran BOSS, I failed to notice: Ars Metallica - Dawnguard.esp sitting in my face.  Thanks for the advice. I love this community and their work.

Yuppie had the same issue ;D