Installing Fallout New Vegas Enhanced Content with MO.

Aldiesel18

Question

Since this mod  is installed using an exe instead of a zip, I'm not really sure how to install it using MO.

Do I run it through the executable window like FNVEit, the 4GB launcher or NSVE?

Or do i direct the FNVEC installer to my profile that I want the mods for and then run the installer to install this mod. 

Thank you for any help

6 answers to this question

I don't know the mod you are describing, I'll look for it later, but I would suggest NOT installing it via MO.

My first inclination is no matter which way you choose to install it, with or without MO, it will want to install directlt into the Data folder and this will mangle MO's handling of the content.

If it is just a zip packaged as an exe you could probably re-package it as a zip file and install it that way in MO.

If it is an InstallShield installer or similar then there may be no way around using it to install as it wants. Afterward you may be able to re-package the files from you Data folder into a zip and install again from MO.

I'll check and get back to you.

EDIT:

Fallout New Vegas Enhanced Content

Seems to be an impressive/extensive compilation. From what I gather you could install this by choosing all the optional files instead of the main installer.

Edited by GrantSP

I don't know the mod you are describing, I'll look for it later, but I would suggest NOT installing it via MO.

My first inclination is no matter which way you choose to install it, with or without MO, it will want to install directlt into the Data folder and this will mangle MO's handling of the content.

If it is just a zip packaged as an exe you could probably re-package it as a zip file and install it that way in MO.

If it is an InstallShield installer or similar then there may be no way around using it to install as it wants. Afterward you may be able to re-package the files from you Data folder into a zip and install again from MO.

I'll check and get back to you.

EDIT:

Fallout New Vegas Enhanced Content

Seems to be an impressive/extensive compilation. From what I gather you could install this by choosing all the optional files instead of the main installer.

One the optional downloads is still an .exe. However, I was told the solution. All I had to do was direct the installer to an empty folder, zip that folder up, and add it to MO.

Thank you for your help :)

What you do is 1) create a folder like C:/NVEC Complete and you make the .exe install into there. then you move the folder into the modoganizer/mods folder and start up MO and check folder... move folder to above Ohud and UIorganizer if you use those..

Edited by Adarcer