ENB Guide

z929669

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll be going through this Guide and removing some of the complex language and words (hopefully) without changing the context. Though beautifully written (most likely by Z, if I'm recognizing the style), it's not friendly to non-native English speakers. We need to be able to convey the message without getting over the top with complex wording so all the Guides remain user-friendly for all users.

I've already done this to the Intro so those that are interested can view the history and see how I'm changing it to make it easier to understand by a greater audience range. These changes will be done over time. I'm not sitting down and doing it all at once. This Guide needs another good eye on it anyway to make sure it's still up-to-date so I'll be going through it all eventually.

As a non-native English speaker I appreciate your initiative and took a quick look at it :p The only words I didn't understand before you made your changes were 'tangential' and 'ancillary' (of which you only replaced the former). While I understood terms like 'included herein' and 'bestowed by' I would never use them myself. I suppose it isn't very hard to look up those words or to use the context in which they are used to deduct their meaning, and I actually like doing so because it forces me to keep learning, but combine that writing style with the relative complex mod that is ENB and such explanations can quickly become intimidating for newcomers. So yeah, I think what you're doing might prove helpful ^^

When using ENB or ENBoost, there is always that specific text being displayed in the top left corner in the main menu. Is there a way to remove that text / prevent it from being displayed, or would this be something only Boris could do? (although he most likely will never change that)

Edited by pStyl3

I've gone through this Guide and updated it:

• Replaced some "fancy" wording to make it easier to read and understand for non-native English speakers
  • Updated Installation section
  • Updated all recommended preset descriptions to ensure they're still accurate
  • Replaced Seasons of Skyrim with Tundra ENB since it is more up-to-date (user suggests are welcomed here)
  • Updated complimentary ENB mods and removed one very old ENB manager software as a recommendation
  • Updated Troubleshooting section (need AMD user to test to see if AMD related information is still accurate)
  • Updated a few links
  • Updated a lot of the text to use proper wiki code.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm still using basically a step 2.2.7 setup to play skyrim - i mostly stuck to the core-recommends so there's no major lightning or weather mods installed from what i recall (2013 and glancing at the mod list).

I tried installing some enb's and realized (as for example with realvision ... ) that, as long as they were up to date, they are mostly suited for a weather and lightning modded skyrim. - It seems the latest versions of the Enb by Boris somewhat attest to this regarding the functionality and I didn't get them to work properly.

General question: Should I rather be using an older enb-preset that actually only works with older enbseries-versions such as 221v ? (I already tried Enb evolved with vanilla-preset but that didn't work either.)

Thanks for any recommends Cheers

Edited by stepwanw

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The only alterations are fixed particle colors, some where apparently wrong, and the SDK use, so no real updates are required.

The SDK implementation will most likely be as well used throughout the users as the coding of shader files itself, even less so I would think. 0.5% percent of the user group will go into it and utilize it.

For an update to the guide it would need to cover code basics and not just a simple "this does this thing" comments, as it is no effect to enable. You have to code in a purpose in a .dll file, for instance "when this activates in game, alter these ENBSeries settings".

Edited by JawZ