Fallout Mod bat file for texture optimization not working

Lonewolf

Question

As the title says. With the vanilla textures the 2_Fallout_Pre-optimization_2.8 bat file worked fine, but the one for the mod textures doen't seem to work: I followed the instructions from the DDSopt/Fallout guide, but the 4_Fallout_Mod_NoSort_2.8 bat file executes in less than a second and the Mod Optimizable folder is empty, the log file shows nothing.

post-225-0-00182400-1423163638_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Oops. I'll reupload it. Sorry

In the text I included some FO3 mods that gain some graphic quality when DDSopt is run. I haven't added a list of mods that are likely to be involved if a user wants to reduce texture size for VRAM use reduction. Is this something users would find useful in addition to he ones that would always be optimizes?

Aren't those information already provided in the C&PD guide and into the DDSopt/Fallout guide? IMHO, if a user want to reduce VRAM he can download a reduced version of the textures or he can try to reduce them by himself. Maybe it would be better to know what mods you should not optimize to avoid huge loss of quality or graphical errors.

The C&PD guide mentions which mods have high resolution textures, but it doesn't currently provide a list of the mods that are most useful to include when using DDSopt to reduce max texture size for VRAM reduction (although the mods with High res textures is pretty close to that list). The FLINV guide has a little about this. The Fallout mods were almost all created a while ago and DDSopt has improved since they were created, so other than the textures from Millenia, Cabal, and perhaps Weijiesen I can't think of any mods that shouldn't be optimized unless texture size reduction is needed.