v2.2.9.1 Development

TechAngel85

Decided to finally do something about overlapping texts in my menus. After doing some searching in the forums it seems like the cause of this is the STEP recommended font. This was concluded in the  main font replacement thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/1343-main-font-replacement-by-valistar/?hl=%2Bmain+%2Bfont+%2Breplacement. Shouldn't STEP change recommendation to centaur in the next version?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, forgot about this thread.

Aren't we finishing any testing so we can push out this release? It's been like two months for what was supposed to be a small update. Now we're into full update territory. Should probably have called it 2.2.10 instead.

• 2 weeks later...

The discussion over at ini shadow settings sparked this thought again:

What about ENB effects for STEP extended? I would guess that most people having enough vram for extended can also affort the overhead from the dll. There are so many nice things in there, all the fixes, access to all the nice parallax mods, shadows...

I know you guys have your hands full and this has been discussed. But another year has passed since, so maybe it should be talked about again.

I just reverted some of the changes I made in regards to LOOT rules being added to the masterlist.

Seems that the rule for FarmhouseChimneys.esp was added, but STEP is recommending an older version of that mod which uses HearthfireChimneys.esp.

EDIT: I'm not even going to attempt cleaning up the changelog atm, as we have no power and I'm working from my phone. I'll fix it up in 21-28 hours from now when I'm at work.

Edited by Xaviien

• 3 weeks later...

We're already ahead of you. There is an Official Lighting Pack being put together in the admin threads. It mainly just needs testing at this point and will be released separately from the Guide.

Out of curiosity: Are you also reconsidering choices for textures depending on the parallax effect for that pack?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think it really matters how long it takes. This was just a release while we wait for dev to progress on the wiki for 2.3. This probably isn't the best weekend being Easter and all.

Well, I disagree, it does matter. For instance, I've picked up modding just a few days ago and I've ran into a number of problems with the current STEP:Core that wouldn't have been there with this update. And I know from reddit I'm not the only one.

Also, there have been no additions in a month and a half, why not release this?

On another note, I have a question and a suggestion : 

Question: let's say I wanted to install the mods listed in the changelog, are there specific instructions I should follow or just uninstalling the old mods and installing the new ones in no particular order will do?

Suggestion: could you please revisit the Skyrim Flora Overhaul mod? It seems to me that newer versions of the mod would be much more simple to install, ie. Dragonborn addon being included in v2.0+ (and I'm guessing we wouldn't need to install the Recolored Pines and LODs for v181b either).

Sorry, forgot about this thread.

Aren't we finishing any testing so we can push out this release? It's been like two months for what was supposed to be a small update. Now we're into full update territory. Should probably have called it 2.2.10 instead.

Totally agree!

Edited by Lusciesi

If you want to upgrade from 2.2.9 to 2.2.9.1 all you need to do is add the changes. IE install the changed mods, remove the removed mods, and then drag the new mods into the correct order in the left pane.

Then LOOT will sort the plugins as needed. You'd need to redo the Bashed Patch and any Dynamically made patches. All good.

As for the time, I'd rather they got it 100% right first before tossing it out and having to change it.

Thank you for the information!

As for the time, I'd rather they got it 100% right first before tossing it out and having to change it.

I understand your point, it's sensible. But the current state of STEP:Core is not what I expected at all and with multiple mods that look outdated or not even available anymore, it's easy for anyone like me to believe it can only be better with such a revision. It doesn't seem like anyone knows if the current STEP:Core version is still working 100% fine with all those problems. Presumably it is, presumably.

Also, and I'm fully aware this is strictly based on appearances and it could be entirely wrong, based on the latest replies in this thread, it doesn't seem like much is being done to "get it 100% right" lately (last few weeks).

Edited by Lusciesi

Thanks for the vote of confidence... ::P:

Here's the dev Guide if you'd rather follow it: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.1

I see your point, but the few mods that are missing are easily dealt with. Those changes are well documented on these forums. Nothing is "broken"...perhaps to some new modders it would seem like this at first, but all things are very easily rectified. Right now, there are two major holdups to releasing v2.2.9.1:

• Dropping of a major mod that needs replacements found
  • Time

First, we've 'silently' dropped a major mod from the upcoming release which was providing the majority of STEP's "vanilla replacement" textures. Right now we're in the process of compares and finding one or more mods to replace the one we dropped. This is all taking place behind the scenes. Just because you don't see any work being done doesn't mean that we're not working. There are administration forums the public can't see where all this is taking place.

Lastly, we're all limited on time. Rather, we do this in our spare time. Our free time is often spent here on STEP instead of with our families, friends, doing other hobbies, playing a game for enjoyment, going outside to enjoy the evening, etc. So when we say, there is "no ETA" or "it'll be done when it's done". That's what we mean. Appreciate what you have now and be patient while we work on the next release.