STEP v2.2.9.1 is coming soon!

TechAngel85

First, big thanks to all your hard work in keeping the STEP project.

Just a couple of questions.

Will the release date for STEP 2.2.9.1 be affected by the paid mods "drama" that is going on?

Will you be waiting to see what mods will go to Steam workshop paid program before finalizing STEP 2.2.9.1?

Again, thank you.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

That's essentially what I'm doing ATM, Paradox. There may be some small stability issues as a result, but I've found it very playable. Just keep in mind, you won't get much support until it goes live and the patches are all updated.

I would like to try out DynDoLOD too, but I'm going to wait for the instructions to be figured out and posted in the guide.  I use some non-STEP mods as well (the planned instructions will likely account for such a situation, since STEP is designed as a base), and know that some of the current STEP mods will be replaced by DynDoLOD so I am waiting to see which ones exactly.  Anyway, the point is, I'm just going to wait for official STEP instructions so I can be relatively sure I am doing it properly.

I was a little unsure how to use DYN as well, but it's actually very easy. You can pretty much ignore the atlas texture part if you have the billboards mentioned in the instructions, so all you really are doing is running a script in TES5Edit. Set to run all worlds, it took my system about 20 mins to do the run. No big deal, though a few mods had to be turned off when I did them to prevent an issue or two. Still...

While waiting for STEP 2.2.9.1 to be officially released, I would like to start configuring a new profile, using the unfinished guide for 2.2.9.1.

The purpose is to save me time when the final configuration comes.

Is there any section on the STEP 2.2.9.1 Guide that I should hold on for now?

I undertsand that section 2.N. Patches will have to wait until all is finished.

I believe the mods DynDOLOD and Relighting Skyrim are the big ones holding up the release.

Could you give us an update on how they are comming along?

Thanks for your great work.

While waiting for STEP 2.2.9.1 to be officially released, I would like to start configuring a new profile, using the unfinished guide for 2.2.9.1.

The purpose is to save me time when the final configuration comes.

Is there any section on the STEP 2.2.9.1 Guide that I should hold on for now?

I undertsand that section 2.N. Patches will have to wait until all is finished.

I believe the mods DynDOLOD and Relighting Skyrim are the big ones holding up the release.

Could you give us an update on how they are comming along?

Thanks for your great work.

DynDOLOD and Relighting Skyrim will be accepted. Just the instructions need to be ironed out. The main reason for the holdup is some work behind the scenes which will be done this week if I can push it out with the others.

Thank you TechAngel, for always being on top of things.

So, if I understood it right, STEP 2.2.9.1 Guide is pretty much final. All the other mods are set to go.

When STEP 2.2.9.1 Guide is officially released, we just have to had DynDOLOD, Relighting Skyrim and the patches to ModOrganizer, before starting a new game with the final configuration. Is there any detail I'm missing?

Archived