RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION (by Gamwich)

oqhansoloqo

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62506/

"RUSTIC CLUTTER COLLECTION is what is sounds like, a collection of my recent RUSTIC series of retextures of common clutter items in Skyrim."

"This collection of my recent Rustic Texture overhauls includes RUSTIC DINNERWARE, RUSTIC POTTERY, RUSTIC SILVERWARE, and a new RUSTIC WINE BOTTLES retexture. 2K and 1K versions available."

Sweet mod.  Every single one looks great.  Definite STEP consideration.

Compares for STEP Testing

STEP  >>  Rustic Clutter

TESV_2016_07_19_09_36_32_13.jpgTESV_2016_07_19_09_33_31_19.jpg

TESV_2016_07_19_11_21_28_82.jpgTESV_2016_07_19_11_23_05_15.jpg

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, one last set before bed.

STEP->Rustic

Vase, Cup, Jug

fYvYtD1.jpgJy9WZr8.jpg

Candle holder, cups, bowl

NGY2rT4.jpgoPAbvRm.jpg

Wine bottle, different cups

EHscMbX.jpgoFGXGJG.jpg

Silver dishes

zz0tC7u.jpgRr4gmWr.jpg

Wood plates and bowls, silverware

pLzdwKF.jpg2O148nx.jpg

Cooking pot

nypvsjO.jpgukRdePO.jpg

Big Vase

zzCzFWu.jpg3XEIWS8.jpg

I like some of this mod. The pottery wasn't my favorite, but I like the other stuff. This is actually a combo of three mods, so we can use those instead if part of this mod isn't good enough. Goodnight!

The silverware is imo the best of the bunch. There are no other replacements, and the vanilla is just horrible. The main issue is that reflections in game are very limited to very low resolutions. So trying to make a smooth surface and expect a mirror like reflection is not going to happen. Hence I prefer the more rugged version where the low resolution makes visual sense. 

But perhaps it is just me who really hate looking at those giant square reflections. 

For the pottery I do prefer his version as well... the less noticeable specular component just fits better. 

The wooden stuff... well potata potato really. I do like that the color of the wood match better with the table in the shot, but that is about it. 

I checked a few items from Gamwich's pack yesterday, and after some "testing" was really surprised how nice the vanilla pottery textures were. I was almost undecided whether I liked Gamwich's versions better.

I hope he expands on these kinds of retextures. Imo, he's one of the best (and very few) current authors on Nexus these days.

The only one I have a problem with is the wooden rectangular plate. The ornate edges, considering all the dungeons you see this clutter in, does not quite fit. If it was just the would texture, it's not bad. I love the silverware. Not sure on the drinking mug... I think I prefer the SMIM version we're using. The knife and fork are too detailed, against considering all the dungeons these will be in. I'm split on the pottery. The wine jug is borderline, and I think I like our current version better.

So I think I'd vote to use most of the silver, but not some of the other stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer this mod to the textures from Tobes' texture mod in STEP (which I have enjoyed for some time). All of my textures from that file are now completely overwritten by this mod+STEP mods, so I'd suggest we replace Tobes' mod with this one.

Edited by Spiffyman

• 1 year later...

And herein lies the problem with a open discussion like this. I can explain why I made the practical and aesthetic choices that I did, and why I think they make sense in comparison to the vanilla textures. That is all fine. However, when you bring in the work of other mod authors, then it's no longer fair for me to debate the virtues of my textures versus another author when they aren't here to do the same. And if they were here to discuss them, then it would be worse, because you'd have one mod author pitted against the other, and nothing good can come from that. Therefore, I can only rightfully discuss my work in reference to Bethesda's textures.

Well, if you guys are looking for silverwares, I could suggest Superior Silverwares by skyrimaguas (forgot the link, sorry)

Yeah, bringing up different mods in a mod topic isn't really the right way to go about it.

Individual mod topics should be discussions about the mod in question vs. what is currently in STEP (whether that is a current mod / mods or vanilla). It is also appropriate to discuss other mods currently in official testing if they serve the same function as the mod in the forum topic.

If you have a different mod to recommend, please post in the thread for it, or create a new thread. It would be more visibility for your recommendation anyway. ;-)