Problems with shadows and land pop ins

Deathwing514

Question

When playing Skyrim, I am getting land distance pop ins and also shadows popping in after i walk a couple feet toward anything. (example walking toward the whiterun stables from the nearby gate adds shadows to the fence and building the closer i get.)

Also in the distant mountains outside of whiterun, I am getting flickering shadows while moving in the mountain area.

I am trying my best to figure out the problem, but no solution that I have done seems to have worked.

I am using the vanilla enb, followed the step guide by the letter and only installed up to the texture pack combiner.

Any help from the community or the Step team would have my thanks.

PS: Shadow is on High

There are no perfect fixes but the wiki has a troubleshooting guide that can help you reduce these annoyances to a minimum.

Well thanks for the suggestion, although non of the options on the troubleshooting guide helped or fixed my specific problem.

However, after some extensive research regarding this topic. I have found that I am not the only one with this specific problem.

It seems the problem for shadows popping up is related to the latest enb of 113. When i turned off the enb, the problem with the shadow popping up disappeared completely.

At this point my question is:

Is it possible to use an older version of an enb? like .102 for vanilla enhanced enb? It seems this specific version does not have the shadow popping problem. Or if that isnt possible, could i use the new version of 119 to see if that fixed the problem?

Have you updated your ini settings as listed in the pdf and wiki (particularly enb guide and the troubleshooting guide)? After you do that you can customize it for your specific machine for performance/quality.

As far as ENB we only recommend version .113 at the moment unless you want to beta test .119

Have you updated your ini settings as listed in the pdf and wiki (particularly enb guide and the troubleshooting guide)? After you do that you can customize it for your specific machine for performance/quality.

As far as ENB we only recommend version .113 at the moment unless you want to beta test .119

Thanks fihyland for trying to help me fix this problem.

I know its very difficult to fix a problem without seeing it first hand, so here is a video that shows my problem

One video includes the enb (which has the problem) and the other has the enb off (which does not have the problem)

Look at the roof while I walk towards it

ENB On

[video=youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew64ogkI6yE

ENB Off

[video=youtube]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP32Lh0oqZY

Ill try out the version 119 if it fixes the problem and get back to u

Well I tried ENB version 119 and it has indeed removed the shadow popping bug that is shown with enb 113.

Now I am curious whether or not enhanced vanilla enb is compatible with this version.

PS: Considering Enhanced vanilla enb only tweaks a couple things and doesnt change the vanilla graphics at all, is it safe to assume that I dont need to install the darker grass and other enb specific mods?

Where was this video taken? Right outside whiterun?

Yes it was taken outside of whiterun, I just want some definitive answer whether or not the problem is related to the 113 enb itself or just the enhanced vanilla enb.

So if anyone out there has countervibe or project enb installed, can you tell me if you have the same issue of shadow popping like i do?

Thanks

I just checked in that same place using Countervibe it's got the same "wave of shadows" as I move forward towards the building. I think it's related to ENB 0.113

Thank you  very much neovalen for checking it out. Well I guess my only option is to wait for an update for the enb mods to be updated to the latest version and hope for a fix.

Its weird, I swear I hadnt had this much shadow problem before this version. Dont get me wrong, the shadow bug with striping has been fixed, but these shadow popping really break the immersion for me while playing the game.