Vivid Clouds and Fogs - Vanilla and Climates of Tamriel (by Mangaclub)

Mangaclub

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an FYI, you may want to update the OP. The version on the link is 2.6, but on the Vividian downloads page, the current version is 7.3. Not sure is he's updating both concurrently with different version numbers or not, but as far as I can tell, it's the same mod. Maybe just balanced slightly differently for w/ and w/o ENB? Kinda curious now...

Both files were updated the same day, so it looks as if he's keeping the version numbers different for the stand-alone mod. The version in the Vividian ENB page has the same version number as the Vividian ENB mod. I assume he's doing this to make it easier for ENB users to be sure the Vivid Clouds and Fogs mod matches the ENB version.

EDIT: Of course, all of the above is purely speculation on my part.

I haven't seen any performance hits with this in my latest LO.  I've not running an ENB but am using SweetFX for post-processing and am most impressed with what Vivid Clouds and Fogs does visually to my environment.

Granted, my gaming laptop (MSI) doesn't fit the "nogo for low end computers" clause of the description - however, I really would expect to see a bigger performance hit with this than I've experienced.  

FYI, see this post in Dreadflopp's Modular Patches thread. User wisethug was running into issues with the groundfog not showing up.

I'm sorry I'm a little lost here. The only mod STEP or any of my packs uses that conflicts with Vividian/Vivid Clouds is Audio overhaul Skyrim (AOS). Vividian should be sorted after AOS by LOOT so please check that it is. The STEP patch contains a record from AOS that conflicts with Vividian but it is fixed with my patches. Do this:

1) Check that Vividian ENB.esp is sorted after AOS.esp

2) Disable Vivid snow for now, it overwrites the effects from Vividian

3) Double check that the distant fox is missing. Use console commands to set the weather so you know it is the same weather.

If nothing works, try placing Vividian ENB.esp and Vividian ENB - Extended weathers.esp last in the load order, just as a test, to see if it fixes your problem.

Obviously this is for the ENB version, but since Tech mentioned the groundfog issue in the edit to the OP, I thought I'd mention it.

yes, keeping the file and memory usage small. Mipmaps on clouds will only be used if people running a very low setting of quality in skyrim. Although for people having such a low quality setting that mipmaps for clouds are really needed, they usualy do a ddsopt on all their textures anyway wich will generate mipmaps. iTexMipMapSkip=0 also will not use any mipmaps on clouds.