RUSTIC CHILDREN (by Gamwich)

Harpalus

Discussion thread:

RUSTIC CHILDREN by Gamwich

Wiki Link

I'm sure people have seen this one on the Nexus, but I thought I'd post it here as a STEP candidate. STEP currently recommends New children. There's no ESP file here so it's compatible with everything (with the obvious exception of other child meshes and textures). I think the children are some of the biggest eyesores in vanilla Skyrim, and I'm happy that I can finally fix them without worrying about compatibility patches. Apologies in advance as the screenshots aren't full STEP Core or STEP Extended, but the child-related textures are current STEP. While I like the changes to the child clothing, that might not fit in with STEP core. Those files could be hidden, though, or recommended only for STEP Extended. (Completely incidentally, the ugly tree in the background is what just convinced me that removing Skyrim Flora Overhaul was a mistake).

Current STEP/Rustic Children/Vanilla Children

24GlNh2.jpg kFjk6Nm.jpg jtDBJyU.jpg

EDIT: Added Vanilla children to the comparison

I don't like it, even though I want to.

The textures are, technically speaking, great. But for some weird reason it makes the children look too mature, and I mean up to the point they don't really look like children to me. What's worse, it makes male children look like female, which I personally find really disturbing.

• +1 1

I assumed RS Children wasn't being recommended for compatibility reasons. I'd be happy with either Rustic or RS. Both are much, much better than current STEP Extended (which I don't think is better than vanilla). RS looks better but Rustic is more compatible. The author just released a new version of Rustic with softer eyelashes and eyebrows to address some of the criticism, and there's not much Gamwich can do about slightly feminine looking male children considering they share a texture with the girls.

Edited by Harpalus

• 2 years later...