NSFW: Lore-friendly Bodies

I'm holding out a little longer for permissions. If I don't hear back in the next few days, however, I'll do some final testing and release the first version without my argonian texture.

Groovatama's skeleton works fine for custom weapon placement, you just have to specify the placement with Racemenu in the weapons section.

Thank you for the clarification. I still won't recommend it, however. I don't use Racemenu, and setting weapon placements every new game sounds annoying.

Edited by Harpalus

I don't know if you've noticed, but expired has added stuff to RaceMenu that allows morphs on bodies (it's called... BodyMorph). So basically that would allow you to make your muscle slider and have it available in showracemenu. You could even make NPCs use it (randomized or with a fixed value) with an additional mod (this might be more annoying to do though, I don't know).

I don't know if you've noticed, but expired has added stuff to RaceMenu that allows morphs on bodies (it's called... BodyMorph). So basically that would allow you to make your muscle slider and have it available in showracemenu. You could even make NPCs use it (randomized or with a fixed value) with an additional mod (this might be more annoying to do though, I don't know).

Thank you for the suggestion and for bringing this to my attention. I almost posted a response a few minutes ago, but decided I should try this out first.

I'm glad I did, because this works better than I expected. I can increase bicep size on my character, and best of all her armor sizes with her. That's pretty great. A well implemented solution using this would provide complete compatibility with armor and clothing so long as it is intended for the vanilla body. I could fix up my sliders to be essentially the default vanilla body without breast scaling and I would accomplish with a RaceMenu-based solution what I set out to do without needing to adjust any clothing or armor meshes.

I couldn't get it to work on any other NPCs, but I'm sure there's a solution to that. Sufficiently large values also created bad scaling issues. It didn't adjust the lower arm in proportion to the upper arm, detaching her biceps from her arm. Keeping things to low slider values would sidestep this issue.

I have an idea to get around all of this in a relatively lightweight fashion, but I don't know how to code it. It would theoretically be possible to make use of the breast size slider to automatically reduce or increase breast size of both the player and all NPCs proportional to their weight. This could be done when loading a new cell. Increasing the bicep sliders proportionally at the upper end of the weight slider would improve things further. I could include custom meshes for the prisoner clothes in order to keep things consistent when adjusting the weight slider in a new game.

I was hesitant to include RaceMenu as a requirement and initially skeptical of this solution, but my initial impressions are pretty good at the moment. Solid recommendation. I think that this functionality could be tied to NetImmersive Override, for people like myself that don't use RaceMenu. Still, I'd happily add Racemenu to my load order if it was necessary to get this working.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Am I wrong in any of my assumptions here?

Edited by Harpalus

Um Harpalus, sorry for the seemingly ignorant question but I get absolutely overwhelmed with all the body/face texture/mesh overhauls etc on the Nexus. The mod true daughters of Skyrim is just a face/body texture overhaul is it not? ie an improvement to all NPC's face and body that would replace XCE in STEP? Does it also make over Vampires in DG?

I want to use vanilla body mesh because I don't use skimpy armors and don't want to d/l all the extra conversions etc. So can I ask if I want to d/l an armor mod that has CBBE or UNP conversion only, would I use the UNP as that is the closest to vanilla?

If you use TDOS, do you need any other mods to go with it apart from no more ugly bronze shine?

Also, do you know is XCE going to be dropped from STEP, is so what were the reasons?

Really appreciate your feedback/support.

Um Harpalus, sorry for the seemingly ignorant question but I get absolutely overwhelmed with all the body/face texture/mesh overhauls etc on the Nexus. The mod true daughters of Skyrim is just a face/body texture overhaul is it not? ie an improvement to all NPC's face and body that would replace XCE in STEP? Does it also make over Vampires in DG?

I want to use vanilla body mesh because I don't use skimpy armors and don't want to d/l all the extra conversions etc. So can I ask if I want to d/l an armor mod that has CBBE or UNP conversion only, would I use the UNP as that is the closest to vanilla?

If you use TDOS, do you need any other mods to go with it apart from no more ugly bronze shine?

Also, do you know is XCE going to be dropped from STEP, is so what were the reasons?

Really appreciate your feedback/support.

True Daughters of Skyrim is just a face/body texture overhaul. It improves all NPCs and the player, but it doesn't include the body meshes (for those, I use CBBE). I believe it does include vampire textures, but I'm not sure without checking the mod again. I've actually changed my mind again - I'll recommend V2 of Mature skin Textures (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32986/?), which are incidentally the same textures recommended in SRLE. You don't need No More Ugly Bronze Shine with it. I'll be recommending some beast textures to complement Mature Skin Textures, as that mod doesn't cover beast races (or men, for that matter). For now, I'm still working on things and waiting on feedback. (I have two exams next week, as well).

If you want to use the literal vanilla body mesh, then my pack isn't for you. STEP is making a female body pack that will better suit you. When I release V1 of this pack it will include some armor mods, however, that you may want to try out. My pack will use CBBE with a body that closely matches the vanilla female body. If you're downloading armor for a different body, you would prefer to use CBBE in that case (although the body underneath won't be shaped the same as they are naked). If you don't want to use a body mod at all then I believe that vanilla textures map onto UNP bodies better than CBBE bodies (meaning fewer seams).

As far as I know, XCE won't be dropped from STEP. You can verify this for yourself by reading the relevant thread. Even if STEP were to drop XCE, I would still recommend it in my pack: I prefer its eye textures in many cases, notably the Bosmer and Altmer (which are "humanized" by most other eye texture mods).

I hope that clears up your questions! I have several reasons for delaying things: I'm still cleaning up textures, I'm wavering on what Argonian textures to recommend, and I'm hoping for some feedback on my earlier posts. Nevertheless, I expect to have everything cleaned up and uploaded in the next while. The next step from there will largely depend on the perceived work required to accomplish the original goal of this project (a different weight slider), whether this is even possible to implement in a compatible way, and whether there's sufficient interest, or whether I should keep things simple and stick to "vanilla shaped" bodies.

Edited by Harpalus

Thanks very much Harpalus, that has helped immensely.

Just to clarify, you would put XCE as a base then put Mature Skin or TDOS on to overwrite the body and face textures but would keep XCE for the eyes? Would you consider True eyes or Eyes of beauty instead?

Also, my assumption is if I don't use a body mesh, will I save a lot of resources. I plan on a STEP extended/legendary with REGS which includes JK's, hence also going for SweetFX instead of a dedicated ENB. I am about to get a high end rig (GTX 970 etc). What I mean to say is, if I skip a body mesh like UNP/CBBE, will this go someway to conserving CPU/GPU resources?

Good luck in exams by the way, cram, cram, cram...............

Thanks very much Harpalus, that has helped immensely.

Just to clarify, you would put XCE as a base then put Mature Skin or TDOS on to overwrite the body and face textures but would keep XCE for the eyes? Would you consider True eyes or Eyes of beauty instead?

Also, my assumption is if I don't use a body mesh, will I save a lot of resources. I plan on a STEP extended/legendary with REGS which includes JK's, hence also going for SweetFX instead of a dedicated ENB. I am about to get a high end rig (GTX 970 etc). What I mean to say is, if I skip a body mesh like UNP/CBBE, will this go someway to conserving CPU/GPU resources?

Good luck in exams by the way, cram, cram, cram...............

XCE as a base and then Mature Skin or TDOS on top of that. Add No More Ugly Bronze Shine 1.4b on top of that. I'm assuming you're using CBBE vanilla body meshes here (or at least CBBE or UNP), because I'm not certain Mature Skin or NMUBS will work on the vanilla body.

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about conserving VRAM in regards to body meshes. If that's seriously a concern for you then I believe CBBE has a lower vertex count than UNP, but JK's Skyrim uses far more VRAM than CBBE ever will in comparison to vanilla, even with dozens of actors walking around. You'll want to use DDSopt (with the help of the STEP guide), use lower resolution textures, and perhaps avoid Skyrim Flora Overhaul if you want to save on VRAM.

This guide will be intended for people who want nudity in their game: STEP is already working on a solution to vanilla female body meshes. This guide is intended in the spirit of STEP Packs: I'm not replicating work done by STEP. If STEP decides to include options for nudity then this pack would cease to exist (unless I sort out the muscle slider problem).

For SweetFX I recommend ZeroENB personally. ICIBINE is pretty popular, but as a big Grim & Somber fan, ZeroENB is the closest SweetFX preset I found. I posted some advice on remedying the oversaturation in the comments section. If you dislike the look then use the newest ICIBINE instead. On the Modular Morrowloot Overhaul STEP wiki page there is a post I made about testing your game: included in it is a colour test, with recommendations for testing out ENB/SweetFX/Imaginator colors.

Edited by Harpalus

XCE as a base and then Mature Skin or TDOS on top of that. Add No More Ugly Bronze Shine 1.4b on top of that. I'm assuming you're using CBBE vanilla body meshes here (or at least CBBE or UNP), because I'm not certain Mature Skin or NMUBS will work on the vanilla body.

True Daughters of Skyrim by betterbecause has an option in files for vanilla, so I am assuming that it is compatible with the vanilla body, ie no mesh installed like CBBE, UNP etc.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45453/?

Edited by ssconvert

Updated with the stable release of this pack. From now on the pack is in maintenance until/unless I fix the weight slider issue. I hope this pack remains useful: as it is now, it serves as a set of recommendations for people that want nudity yet also want vanilla bodies, with another focus on less gendered/sexualized armor.

It is maximally compatible with most things. Not installing the armor portion makes it completely compatible with everything. Minor texture seams can result from the use of CBBE bodies with vanilla outfits: these are only noticeable with skimpy armor and clothing. Fixed forsworn meshes are included. I suspect most people using this pack won't be using skimpy armor and clothing anyways.

I will consider reviving my goal of a minimalist character overhaul if there is any interest. It was removed out of concerns over compatibility. It would definitely conflict with Requiem, for a start. I didn't want to install a full STEP Extended and full SRLE in order to get the appropriate patches made. 

If there are any issues, please let me know and I'll fix them.

Edited by Harpalus
  • 3 months later...

I just found this pack now, while I probably wont use the armor part, I will take a look at the body preset as I was trying to achieve the same at the present time.

I also have a contribution to make: point you to some presets of vanilla clothes to fill the gap, particularly mage equipment:

Vanilla Outfits BodySlided (with HDT-PE) - This covers everything not covered in the pack bellow (here is the mage equipment)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65831

OCR - Omnisway Clothing Replacer - CBBE BodySlide BBP TBBP - this cover every clothing, makes dresses a bit more like dresses and less like tousers.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49286/

Also there is this:

Mature Skin and Xenius headmerge - Xenius female skin on mature body beta 10 with not neack seam on CBBE

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66993

Edited by Agnusthemagi
  • 4 weeks later...

I just remembered that there was a mod that implemented a sort of "muscle slider" by appling different body textures and normal maps to the character using the weight slider: basically if you select weight 10, your character body had a certain texture and normal map with no muscle (or even fat, i do not remember) at 50 weight had slightly muscle and at 100 even more muscle.

The mod is very old, i t​hink it came out before the CK, still the idea is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13567/?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.