Barenziah's Glory (by Saerileth)

darkside

I prefer Saerileth's gem meshes/textures, and Gamwich's box goodies personally. Though if extreme vanilla is the ideal, then fadingsignal's box is probably the better choice.

Still, I like Saerileth's original gem textures better than either of the Gamwich ones.

So this is excepted, but we just need to decide on the box? Seems most people like Gamwich's box. I like the current STEP one, but I'm not really a fan of Gamwich's work. There is something about his style that doesn't do it for me, like everything has a little to much saturation in it. I left the other box out of testing because meh.

For the helmet I'd go 1k on it, that way it matches other clothing replacers in STEP.

The box is better in the top one, but the floating stone is better in the bottom one as the top one is too red.

The headwear on the top picture is too orange obviously, but the bottom one looks the same, albeit desaturated.

So lets add this mod with Gamwich's box since that is the most popular choice. I like SRB's idea of 1K for the helmet to match the rest of the armors. So...

• Main files
  • Desaturated Crown Texture 1k
  • Gamwich Jewelry Box Texture 1k
  • Original Gem texture

I need to update this FOMOD for her.

For future reference, I usually include screenshots of all installation options with my fomod archives. They are taken in inventory, so even though ENB is active it has no effect on the items themselves, just the background. So that should count as vanilla lighting. There's also a video in the installation section of my page that shows every possible combination of options in motion (up to v1.2 only).

I just uploaded v2.0 which makes a series of minor adjustments:

- Most notably I added a bit of 3D detail to the cushion of Barenziah's Stone, so it is now actually elevated instead of perfectly flat. I found it just didn't look right with the normal map alone, especially when viewed from the side.
- There is now also a subtle colour shifting animation on the gems themselves, similar to my work with Gamwich on his Rustic Soulgems. The stones slowly change from orange-red to a dark purple and back. The same animation is applied to the crown mesh, but it's even less noticeable there.
- There was a missing shader flag on the outer gem layers that caused the gems to lose all highlights when near a shadow-casting light, this is the same problem that Madcat221 discovered with my jewelry meshes, I simply forgot to apply the fix to the Barenziah meshes before.

- The new version also uses Tech's optimised FOMOD installer, thanks again for sharing.

Note that the animated effect changes only the colours, it doesn't add glow intensity like the animated heartbeat in Gamwich's filled soulgems. As I said it's really subtle, but judge for yourselves ingame. If you really think it's too flashy for STEP I always keep my old versions in the download section, so you can stay with v1.2.

• +1 3