Skyrim.ini [Camera]

BaiBaihe

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0

I noticed this value on STEP and GamerPoets video "Skyrim : ini Tweaks : Part 2 : Works for All".

I already posted to GamerPoets and he advised I mention this value to STEP as well.

fOverShoulderAddY=0.0 isn't a value that actually works.  You can change it to -500 or 500 and it won't do anything.  If you want the camera defaulted to be zoom away/back from your player a bit, you can use fVanityModeMinDist=155.  155 is default I believe, so you'll have to use higher number to zoom the camera out, such as fVanityModeMinDist=255.  All this actually does is push the camera back and makes it so that value is as close as your camera can get to your player.  Once you hit that 255 point, the camera won't be able to get any closer to your player.

I found this value from a mod on Nexus called Customizable Camera.

I use a controller and wanted my cameras main default camera position (3rd person) further back from player.  I don't like how close it always gets.  I was able to obtain the perfect position for me with STEP and Customizable Camera .ini tweak values.

Here are more [Camera] tweak values if anyone wants to play around with them without using/adding another mod/.esp.

fOverShoulderPosZ
fOverShoulderPosX
fOverShoulderCombatAddY
fOverShoulderCombatPosZ
fOverShoulderCombatPosX
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed
fMouseWheelZoomIncrement
fVanityModeMinDist
fVanityModeMaxDist
fPitchZoomOutMaxDist
fDefaultWorldFOV
fDefault1stPersonFOV
fDefaultFOV
fShoulderDollySpeed

Ooh and thanks to Michael from GamerPoets, I also just learned today that my controller CAN zoom the camera in and out... after 1500 hours of Skyrim game playing.  Lol?  :/

I had thought it could only toggle POV from two points; 3rd and 1st person.  There's no zoom control option in your Control Options Menu when you use a controller.  There is one though when using a mouse and keyboard.  So for anyone else using a controller and don't know this, you CAN zoom your camera in and out.  For me, I have to HOLD DOWN the Right Stick (RS) and move the Left Stick (LS) up or down for zooming.

I hope this helps some people if using [Camera] in their Skyrim.ini file. 

If my testing with that fOverShoulderAddY=0.0 value is correct and it indeed does nothing.  Then hopefully STEP will correct it and omit it from the .ini tweaks for people which can be found HERE.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ooh yay.  You actually got to read this.  ;)

Anyway, I was chatting with some people and someone posted that the values for the horse camera don't work? Or at least do work anymore?:

fOverShoulderHorseAddY=
fOverShoulderHorsePosZ=
fOverShoulderHorsePosX=

Is this true or false?  I'm in a bit of a rut right now to test it myself.  I'm hoping someone could answer sooner than I can get around to testing it out.  If not, probably this weekend I may have time to test it out.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the Camera ini , but when leaving the character alone , no mouse keyboard inputs,  and game then defaults to 3rd person view and rotates. My game camera rotates (spins) really fast around the character

Also , when you speak to an NPC ( and screen locks) if I try moving the mouse to left right up down ,(edge of the screen) to try centering on the NPC ,  the screen moves fast in those directions as well

Edited by sutex

Skyrim.ini

[Camera]
fAutoVanityIncrement=0.005

The above will cause the speed the camera rotates around the player in auto vanity mode to be cut by half. Reduce to lower values if still too fast.

I don't know of a way to change the other thing you're talking about.

Skyrim.ini

[Camera]
fAutoVanityIncrement=0.005

The above will cause the speed the camera rotates around the player in auto vanity mode to be cut by half. Reduce to lower values if still too fast.

I don't know of a way to change the other thing you're talking about.

Could not use your value, only 0.05