SkyRealism - ENB Evolved

frihyland

Dear Compiler,

Your recent recommendation regarding Vibrant Enb plus RCRN legacy has truly made the game look incredibly amazing.

I have been doing some extensive testing with different ENBs with COT/RCRN but it does not come as close to looking as gorgeous as your recommendation.

You truly have an eye for this type of thing and I want to thank you again for your recommendation.

Dear Compiler,

Your recent recommendation regarding Vibrant Enb plus RCRN legacy has truly made the game look incredibly amazing.

I have been doing some extensive testing with different ENBs with COT/RCRN but it does not come as close to looking as gorgeous as your recommendation.

You truly have an eye for this type of thing and I want to thank you again for your recommendation.

+1!!!

Wow, this is really epic stuff. I couldnt decide between RCRN and Skyrealism... looks like I dont have to!!

Are you still suggesting using Climates of Tamriel along with this, despite RCRN35's new weathers?

I couldnt get Skyrealism+COT working totally right because the COT with more vanilla nights patch didnt work uniformly (Rain and northern auroras reset me back to super dark nights) so I got rid of it entirely for the meantime, it was too annoying for everything to go pitch black depending on the weather.

Your mod's nights are fabulous, and the indoors are a huge lot better than RCRN35's Legacy, which still produces overly off interior lighting IMO. And your outdoor settings are a perfect match with Predator vision!

Despite my enthusiasm above, I ended up reverting to no RCRN, and using only Skyrealism, with a ENB ini built with midway values between the Vibrant and Vanilla presets, with 'Less Tint'. I have to accept that either somethings wrong with my eyes or my monitors, because even RCRN legacy is WAY TOO DARK for me to enjoy and rapidly becomes an exercise in frustration. To each their own I guess. But I still really enjoyed messing around trying to mesh together these two mods even if I ultimately gave up :p

Found some problems with vibrant/rcrn combo that was recently recommended

Dont get me wrongs, it makes the game look incredible, but there were some minor annoyances that have slowly strayed me from the path.

1. Lighting: It looks great at first, but during the day, its so bright that my character face in third person looks unnaturally bright, which in result breaks my immersion.

2. Night: Like Valamyr stated previously, the Legacy Dark (which supposedly is the closest to the vanilla dark) is still too dark for my taste. It actually makes my playthrough during the night very unpleasant and makes me not even play in the night times.

3. Diversity: This is more on personal preference than anything. When playing through the game with RCRN, the days look the same, the night looks the same, and the weather looks the same. It actually makes the game not feel like a living world.

This is one of the few reasons why I have chosen to go with Climates of Tamerial as my main lighting/weather mod compared to RCRN 3.5.

The reason being

1. it eliminates the unnatural brightness

2. makes the dark look close to vanilla dark

3. makes the weather system very diverse which changes throughout my playthrough. (example: one minutes its a beautiful blue morning sky, and the next day it could have a heavy thunderstorm)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This is my favorite ENB

It preserves the vainilla feel and adds high quality image and scenes.

I can run it at an average of 48 FPS if I disable DoF and AA. And even then the game looks amazing.

Using this ENB + CoT + EFLX is the blast :)

I would love to see an updated version though.