Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance

Would there be any issue in removing HLE from my current game if/when you decide to pull it from the pack?

There shouldn't be any issues. It's always a good thing to go inside and save before uninstalling imo. And force a cell reset with SIC afterwards. I'll compare HLE with SIC and OBIS a little more before deciding if I'll remove it or fix it.

After some more analyzing of leveled list and NPCs stats:

• OBIS: Bandit cap at level 60. Bandits are deadlier and will be a threat much longer than in vanilla but they won't be a threat when the dragonborn reaches higher levels, which makes sense. The vanilla bandit level cap makes more sense (~30) but that wouldn't be any fun.
  • Skyrim Immersive Creatures: Many creatures scale a little higher than vanilla. Many new creatures that scale up to level 100. Some big creatures that have no level cap.
  • High Level Enemies: Many NPCs/creatures scale a little or much higher than vanilla. Many NPCs/creatures with no level cap. This includes bandits, thalmor, foresworn and falmer and many more. The game will be challenging at higher levels but realism will suffer greatly. The dragonborn won't be as mighty as she/he should be.

Keeping High level enemies means I need to fix it. Level 60 mudcrabs and skeevers is absurd imo. All the enemies without a level cap will be a problem, as described above. But, I have never reached level 60 or above. All the high level testing was done my people previously helping me with my packs. I'm thinking Skyrim Immersive Creatures will be enough to make the game challenging at the really high levels (60+). With SIC only many creatures scale to level 100 and some are without any cap at all (centurions for example).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

some people on the Dragon Combat Overhaul page reported that the mod causes brawls to turn into real fights. I had the bug too a few months ago, even though I had Brawls bug fix / Enhanced Blood Textures installed. I thought it was related to TTRSO since that problem was also raised on the mod page, with someone posting another fix in the commentaries. I can't remember how I eventually got rid of it, but maybe it was DCO all the time after all. Now I'm on a hybrid STEP-SRLE setup and would like to add Skyrim Gameplay Rebalanced on top, including TTRSO and DCO. Does any of you have the brawls bug with this pack ?..

• 4 weeks later...

As an example from the mod pack "Skyrim Gameplay Rebalance" I only want 4 mods from that specific pack nothing else.

Ultimate Combat

Combat evolved

Immersive Patrols

Revenge of the enemies

and the pack itself provides some patches but they require "Skyrim immersive creatures" mod which I do not want

I also use two mods from another pack from the same author: Dovahkiin Reborn

Moonlight tales - werewolf and werebear essentials

Better vampires

this pack patch requires

Elemental Destruction

Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package

Disparity

Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul

The pack author states:

If you only install some mods from the pack or if you have other packs installed, please merge your own patch with instructions found here. (instructions are very poor I think)

Does the patching even apply to me? since I do not even use "skyrim immersive creatures" or Elemental Destruction etc... or can I just roll with the mods installed normally?

You should follow the link and download the modular patches. Merging isn't necessary if you don't want, just place the patches you need in numeric order right after the STEP patch.

Sort with LOOT, add STEP patch at end, and then look on the pack description page to see if a plugin order is specified (or on nexus description page(s)). If so, then be certain that your plugin order for those modular mods are consistent in your LOOT order. It may or may not matter too much how they are ordered in relation to one another or many of the mods already in STEP, including the STEP patch.

When you deviate from any guide, you need to be prepared to resolve dependencies and troubleshoot. Otherwise, just follow the guides.

If the instructions are poor I'm interested to know which instructions it is that are poor so I can make them more clear.

Follow the link to the pack called Modular Morrowloot Overhaul. This "pack" includes all my patches. These patches makes my packs modular and compatible with each other. From the patch description: Download Modular Morrowloot Overhaul patches. Install all patches that are relevant to your install. Sort them in numeric order. If two or more patches uses the same number you are supposed to only use one of them. This is very important, never use two plugins with the same number.

If you merge these patches and add the LOOT rule for them, the merged patch will be sorted after the STEP patch. If you don't merge the patches, just sort them in numeric order after the STEP patch.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm having a bit of trouble. I am currently updating my setup with SGR after the new STEP update and I have come across a peculiarity.

Apparently STEP Extended - SGR casual.esp has a missing master called SGR Casual - Core.esp, and I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?

Hi there, I'm having a bit of trouble. I am currently updating my setup with SGR after the new STEP update and I have come across a peculiarity.

Apparently STEP Extended - SGR casual.esp has a missing master called SGR Casual - Core.esp, and I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know where it is?

I made a stupid mistake when I merged the patches. Give 15 min and I'll have it fixed...

Hi, I'm also a bit confused about the Conflict resolution instructions.

I have installed STEP Extended + War Ensemble + Weather and Lighting + Survival (less a couple) + some mods from your pack + some other mods not in any packs.

Do I need to install your patches? Do I need to merge some plugins? if so which ones?

I've tried reading all the documentation but cant seem to get my head round it!

Any help most appreciated.

Have a look under here https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Modular_Morrowloot_Overhaul . I should say I am not 100% about all this as I am in the elongated process of a set up myself and have not been able to fully test yet. As you are probably using mods not covered by any of the supported packs (as I am) then you would need to check & if required patch these yourself after you have taken what you can from the pre-prepared ones.

There is a video guide on doing your own conflict resolution https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/Conflict_Resolution

+ Step instructions https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP_Patches_for_Packs

Back to the patches that you asked about...dreadflopp states

"If you use one or more of my packs, parts of my packs or SR:LE

a) If you use High level enemies, download and install the replacement plugin.
b) Download Modular Morrowloot Overhaul patches. Install all patches that are relevant to your install. SR:LE users should install all STEP and STEP:Extended patches and read the subguide. Sort the plugins in numeric order. If two or more patches uses the same number you are supposed to only use one of them. This is very important, never use two plugins with the same number."

c) You can then merge the patches via TES5Edit merge script (instructions on how linked in the guide) in the order indicated in the guide

I'm don't think that the War Assemble & Lighting packs are supported by  the patches though individual mods in them might be. You might find other patches under 'other mods' or even the SLRE or explorers patches within the main MMO Patch depositary. However if you are going to use any of the latter two you need to check if your set up matches its conditions. More on that is discussed in the 'subguide' referenced above.

I do admit it is a bit confusing but dreadflopp has done a really good job with guidance & support for an enlarged set up, and with that many permutations not an easy job!

What cccow said :)

It might be confusing on what to use and I see why. If I get any time over I'll make a fomod installer to make the installation easier.

1) if you use a mod from my packs and it is merged in the pack, merge it

2) Download all archives from the folder Modular Morrowloot overhaul.

3) if you use high level enemies and Morrowloot, install the replacement plugin

4) install all patches for mods that you use. See the guide for load order

5) merge the patches

Don't forget to use my LOOT rules and prepare to check the mods that I don't support for conflicts. The lighting pack might need to be updated, you need to ask hishutup about that. It should be compatible. Otherwise you can use the lighting solution from SR:LE, which I support and has no conflicts: Climates of Tamriel, Vivid Clouds, Vividian, ELFX and/or Relighting Skyrim.

You should also read the thread about the Civil War Overhaul to make sure you are prepared for eventual bugs.

Edited by dreadflopp