DROPS (by ramccoid)

TechAngel85

Discussion thread:
DROPS by ramccoid
Wiki Link
Author Thread

Another good mod from ramccoid. This mod retextures the drops which are seen dripping in dungeons and caves. The splash and ripple effect from these drops have also been retextured. It's available in x256, x512, x1024 and x2048 sized textures. Here's a video of the effect (Hodilton at his finest again):

I've marked this one for Testing. I think it'll be a quick test and addition into STEP.

Accepted for 2.2.9.1 Core

STEP recommends Drops v1 optional file (the fomod) with these options:
  • DROPS - x512
  • DROPS - Alternative texture for x512

Hide the following files:

• textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile.dds
  • textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestile_less.dds
  • textures\effects\fxwaterdropripplestilebrt.dds

Realistic Water Two also touches some of the drop texture files. Curious as to which is better or the differences between them. Just as a note: This one replaces the nif as well for some and Vividian ENB does replace the nif as part of the particle patch.

Realistic Water Two also touches some of the drop texture files. Curious as to which is better or the differences between them. Just as a note: This one replaces the nif as well for some and Vividian ENB does replace the nif as part of the particle patch.

If it's part of the particles patch, I doubt it'll matter. That patch mainly fixes issue with lighting on the vanilla meshes. DROPS is not the vanilla mesh.

Most of Roy's mods are pretty damn good (I use a lot of them myself), but I warn everyone about high resolution versions. In an attempt to please stupid people ("omg must have everything in 4k else your mod suk"), he provides 1k and even 2k versions even for mods like this one, but it's just upscales. For mods like DROPS, RAIN etc. I suggest 512 resolution.

So my official recommendation for this is to add this mod into STEP Core (256 or 512 alternative texture) and hide the ripple files so that RWT's files are used. RWT's ripples look much better, but this mod's droplets are far better than vanilla. There is a very slight, but barely noticeable quality difference by using 512x over 256x textures with no performance difference on my system. So I'm recommending the 512x version.

So my official recommendation for this is to add this mod into STEP Core (256 or 512 alternative texture) and hide the ripple files so that RWT's files are used. RWT's ripples look much better, but this mod's droplets are far better than vanilla. There is a very slight, but barely noticeable quality difference by using 512x over 256x textures with no performance difference on my system. So I'm recommending the 512x version.

I agree with this. The 512x are very nice.