DROPS (by ramccoid)

TechAngel85

I can't really blame him; I've certainly experienced similar feelings over the past week.  However, as much as I'd like to deny all the selfish entitled users access to my free work, I can't do it without also denying that work to the (often silent) majority (I hope) of users who actually do respect and appreciate the time that goes into these mods.  I wish there was a way to ban one group but not the other.

I'm constantly impressed with how sensible and calm most discussions (even arguments) are on this site.  It's a very welcoming atmosphere, and it has helped keep me sane when dealing with comments on Nexus.

... and we  :heart:  you too krypto :angel:

I think anything the last week showed us that the Skyrim community and really the gaming community as whole has a very nasty set of people. Before we could say it was just the idiots that screaming louder than everyone else that get noticed, but it really is a small portion. That just isn't true. The group is actually a sizable portion, probably 15-20%.

It might be time for a little self reflection.

The majority of the community (even on the Nexus) are decent and appreciative people, and the minority are creating the lame mods, lame propaganda, and lame commentary. MAs would do well to remember that for every trumpeting pustule there are at least 9 actual people. They may not say much, because they also don't want to be on the receiving end of the bullying group.

Are you sure it is 15-20% or are you just guessing? I would say no more than 10% of even the Nexus community, although group think is contagious for those of us who are sheep.

MAs can always come here for a fair critique or a friendly audience.

I decided after calming down, not totally though, that it is unfair to take my work away from the actual people who really do respect and appreciate the labours of mod authors. These decent human beings have done nothing and duly deserve the experience of my work.

I would like to personally thank everyone at STEP, members and staff, very much, for being a community which didn't allow the lynch mob mentality to occur and shows the decency and respect to authors and members alike. You should all feel very proud of yourselves.

All the very best to all at STEP.

... and we also :heart: you too RC :wub:

Side note: Sorry to those offended by emoticons ... I need to fix that ugly heart as a proper PNG :sick:

EDIT: much better