So who hopes that when Elder Scrolls 6 comes it will use...

MitchellKrever

Honestly, until they can release a VR headset that won't make me throw up, I'm hoping they don't waste any of the development budget on that. I don't care if the graphics don't get upgraded at all: I'm more interested in gameplay. I'd much rather have (for example) NPCs with better schedules and towns that are bustling and feel alive.

Edited by Harpalus

Heck screw the headset I just want those graphics. Like I know its been said before... but this is diffrent. Those graphics look REAL. REALLY REAL!

Most development budgets already devote far too much money to graphics at the expense of gameplay, though. If anything, I'd much rather see the industry lose its obsession with good graphics. I still play my PS1 and PS2 games often, and I don't particularly care if the textures and meshes aren't up to modern standards.

Edited by Harpalus

Ok I understand where you are coming from and I COMPLETLY agree. I know for a fact that we can create "The Matrix" but in real life (just the world/program, not the hardware plugin to the back of the neck) but there comes a point where graphics are going to look so real that they can't improve them anymore.

I recon once we get to that point of true Real-life graphics and lighting then we will start seeing a shift into more complex systems in video games like: complete world interactivty (interacting with EVERYTHING in a game world), self-aware NPC AI with human emotions and thought process, Time represention in a game ( like weather and time changing landscape, forest growing, NPC building citys or reshaping the world)

But we gotta wait till the obsession with graphics is over which will be once we've hit real life graphics. With "Unlimited Detail" the models/texture side of Real Life graphics is complete and than we only gotta worry about Lighting.

Edited by MitchellKrever

I mostly want to see a better engine, one that allows more PC resources to be used. 

The modding scene will take care of the rest.

Oh and... if they keep the theme of "spells equipped in the hand" (which is something I completely dislike in skyrim), then at least add working bastard swords that can be used in one or two hands.

Edited by Marthenil
  • +1 2

Theres this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28448/?

What it does is allows you to use your mic to perform dragon shouts.

I would love if this was extended to: Spells, Commands for Followers, and the Dialogue for NPCs.

How cool would that be instead of clicking on something to say? I know it would make the "conversation" feel a bit more real.

Or instead using your hands to cast a spell you call out a spell name sorta like how the mod above works?

and with followers omg there would be so much better team work. You could yell there name: "Vorstag Wait" or "Stay Quite"(sneaking, don't attack) argg the possiblltys.

Besides being more immersive it would also free up interface menus and the like.

Edited by MitchellKrever

I would love if this was extended to: Spells, Commands for Followers, and the Dialogue for NPCs.

How cool would that be instead of clicking on something to say? I know it would make the "conversation" feel a bit more real.

Or instead using your hands to cast a spell you call out a spell name sorta like how the mod above works?

and with followers omg there would be so much better team work. You could yell there name: "Vorstag Wait" or "Stay Quite"(sneaking, don't attack) argg the possiblltys.

Besides being more immersive it would also free up interface menus and the like.

Dunno, I'm using Voice Attack for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous (or rather, used to use) and stopped using it because I felt awkward talking to my computer :P

lol no thank you, my wife thinks I am weird enough already ::D: