Unable to Proceede Past Main Menu Using SKSE

Tyler799

Question

Hello!

I recently got a new computer and decided to try Skyrim again. However, I'm running into a new issue I don't remember dealing with all those months ago.

I installed SKSE using the official installer, and aparently manually (using the archive) as well using the STEP guide video. When I use the SKSE launcher on my desktop, I can go into skyrim and play just fine. However, when I attempt to use the SKSE Launcher in Mod Organizer (which would have all my mods), I get to the main menu, press "new game" and find that it doesn't go anywhere. It just sits there with the main theme and smoke.

To ensure mods weren't an issue, I went to my profile for MO and disabled everything but the main 3 expansions that come with Skyrim. However, the issue persists.

I'm running Windows 7 with all recent updates. Skyrim, as I said, is the latest version from Steam. Mod organizer and SKSE are both the latest availble versions (1.7.1 for SKSE and 1.3.3 for MO).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Post the path to SKSE as defined in the 'Executables' list in MO here.

It should be pointing to skse_loader.exe in the same folder as your Skyrim game files, ie.TESV.exe.

Could you clarify something? When you say the SKSE shortcut, you mean the one that doesn't use MO to load your game but the one created by the installer?

When I said "SKSE Shortcut" I did infact mean the one created by the SKSE installer, not the one related to MO.

Here is the excecutable profile:

Binary: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe

Starts In: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Skyrim

No Arguments

Overwrite SteamAPPID is OFF

Close MO When Started if OFF

Thanks! It appears to work fine, even with mods. However, it is very jittery, and I'm not sure why. I used to run it (before cleaning out my computer + adding some extra fans) with higher settings and an HD texture pack just fine. Not sure why it's jittering so much now.

Without FRAPS, I can't see the FPS directly, but it just seems to be "jittery". It stutters and shifts a bit quickly and wildly. I suppose that would imply the FPS is less that optimal, but I'm not an expert on all that.

In any case, I'm just glad it's working with the 40+ mods I've installed.

By the way, is there a section on the forum dedicated to getting mods in the right order? I'd imagine I'd get a little more performance or see some features that might be broken if I put it exactly right.

Do you have LOOT? If not get it. Install it as an executable in MOhttps://loot.github.io/ That should help you with ordering your load order. Regards Mod Order, your best bet is to go something like: Bugfixes and general fixes, UI Mods, Larger type overhaul mods, large texture mods, player/creature mods, clothing/armour/weapons, and then something like clutter, animations etc. Keep similar mods in similar areas of the left pane.

Also, set up the SKSE.ini file right https://wiki.step-project.com/Skyrim_Script_Extender

Finally, consider using ENBoost. Can help with Jitter/stutter.

Trying to get LOOT to run is a bit of a pain in the ass.

I have the binary set to: C:\Program Files (x86)\LOOT\LOOT.exe

I don't have a "starts in" or any arguments.

When I run it, it apparently works now (took some work since I moved the skyrim installation) but it crashes when I try to sort the plugins. :C