Photo
accepted

Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

mod

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Discussion thread:
Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD by Sheson
Wiki Link

DynDOLOD creates dynamic LOD for Skyrim, and is developed by Sheson, to whom everyone has given their children as slaves.

Please refer to Sheson's thread here for discussion.

Accepted for 2.2.9.1 Core

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

Support and Tips

1) Be sure the following line is in your Skyrim.ini or DynDOLOD will not fully process:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa.

2) When fully complete for STEP the size of the output folders will be:

• STEP:Core = ~1GB
  • STEP:Extended = ~1.4GB

3) You can updated DynDOLOD in the middle of a playthrough. When do you need to update? DynDOLOD can be updated whenever a new structure is added, new trees from vurt are added or changed, whever changing textures that no long match the LODs, etc. The process is not hard; however, must be done correctly. To learn how to do this, watch GamerPoets video and click on the "Update" link on the right side of the video to skip to the proper section.

@Moderators
Please feel free to add to this post as new issues surface which could help users solve issues without having to post Support Threads.

#3 Silverpanther34

Silverpanther34

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

I completed the task but had these Notes show up in the right pane of TES5Edit.

The above is an example of several spots in the log.

I assume this is normal behavior though and not indicative of a problem.

I removed the Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards and Vurt SFO 1.87 Basic LOD Billboards prior to starting as mentioned by Tech.

As stated earlier I have STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard Varsion <---(Note spelling)
And STEP Texture Compilation 11.1.2

For Reference:

System Info

OS;  Windows 8.1 Pro
Processor;  Intel i3-3220 @3.30GHz
Ram;  16 GB
System Type;  64-bit OS, 64-based processor
Video Card;  Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB
Driver Version;  347.52
Native Resolution;  1920x1200, 59Hz
I do not have a powerful nor very modern PC

With Shift + OK: Background Load = 8 sec.
Apply Script TexGen = 2:19 Min
Apply Script World = 31:04 Min

Additional 9 Min for LOD building to cease.

STEP Extended LOD TexGen Output = 8.41MB
STEP Extended LOD Worlds Output 2 = 1.09GB

I also have several mods not on STEP Extended and as stated on the previous thread did not install BURN, Freeze & Shock, and Wet And Cold.

Plus I saw that you mentioned on the other thread about not hidding some files anymore.  I have all the that were required to be hidden, throughout the various Tex Mods, MO Hidden

Edited by Silverpanther34, 22 June 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#4 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:21 AM

Does this still apply?

Go to the Plugins tab in Mod Organizer's and temporarily enable the three High Resolution Texture Pack and Unofficial High Resolution Patch dummy ESPs. This is necessary for some LOD files to be created.

I thought it was proven the output was identical if the files were installed somewhere.

Also, are the steps describing that textgen thing something specific to STEP? I don't remember seeing this in the manual. What does this actually do?

Edited by Octopuss, 22 June 2015 - 04:24 AM.

#5 Judassem

Judassem

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

On this mod's page, it says:

Copy the output folder to the mods folder inside Mod Organizer.

So, I created a "DynDOLOD Output" folder. When the process is finished, I just cut this folder and paste it in the mods folder? Without doing anything else? I don't know why but it feels like I'm missing something here.

#6 Judassem

Judassem

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

While creating textures for DynDOLOD through TES5Edit, the program gives an error:

http://i.imgur.com/THJe0ej.jpg

This is the bug report:

If I just click on "Continue Application," would I have any problems? 

(If I do so, I get two folders in the Output folder; "DynDOLOD-temp" and "textures". The first is 269 mb and the latter is 1 mb. Is this normal?)

Edited by Judassem, 22 June 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#7 criswolf09

criswolf09

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:36 AM

I also have this problem, but right now I am watching GamerPoets video. After taking a look at MO's conflict tab I discovered that the Billboard files from TES5Lod Gen for Vanilla Trees and Vurt's SFO 1.87 are already included in the STEP Texture Compilation.

Edited by criswolf09, 22 June 2015 - 08:01 AM.

#8 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:48 AM

Does this still apply?

I thought it was proven the output was identical if the files were installed somewhere.

Also, are the steps describing that textgen thing something specific to STEP? I don't remember seeing this in the manual. What does this actually do?

Yes, still necessary for script to read the BSAs.

On this mod's page, it says:

Copy the output folder to the mods folder inside Mod Organizer.

So, I created a "DynDOLOD Output" folder. When the process is finished, I just cut this folder and paste it in the mods folder? Without doing anything else? I don't know why but it feels like I'm missing something here.

Yep...well, active the mod.

While creating textures for DynDOLOD through TES5Edit, the program gives an error:

http://i.imgur.com/THJe0ej.jpg

This is the bug report:

If I just click on "Continue Application," would I have any problems? 

(If I do so, I get two folders in the Output folder; "DynDOLOD-temp" and "textures". The first is 269 mb and the latter is 1 mb. Is this normal?)

That's not right. Not sure what the issue is though.

I also have this problem, but right now I am watching GamerPoets video. After taking a look at MO's conflict tab I discovered that the Billboard files from TES5Lod Gen for Vanilla Trees and Vurt's SFO 1.87 are already included in the STEP Texture Compilation.

Yep, Billboards for STEP are included in that mod.

#9 Judassem

Judassem

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

That's not right. Not sure what the issue is though.

OK, how can I start troubleshooting? And how big should the texture folder be?

#10 Octopuss

Octopuss

Swears by everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

Yes, still necessary for script to read the BSAs.

Ah nevermind, I forgot you probably have everything packed in BSA in STEP. I have the optimized hires textures as loose files and DynDoLOD works just fine.

#11 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:54 AM

Does this still apply?

texgen is make custom LOD textures. If you look at all the textures that end with lod.dds or lod_n.dds they are made from the vanilla textures. That creates a mismatch between your replacers and the LODs. TexGen allows you to make the LOD textures from your replacers in about 10 minutes. 

#12 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

SRB,

Do we keep the TexGen files active and in the load order after DynDOLOD has ran and you're ready to play?

#13 criswolf09

criswolf09

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Guys I am unable to generate the files. Everytime I run the script in TES5Edit, I get this Unknown error. I have installed every mod in the STEP Core profile in MO.

#14 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:57 PM

You guys have PapyrusUtil install in MO and the latest stable version of SKSE (not the beta), right?

#15 criswolf09

criswolf09

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

Oh? I have the beta build. I'll revert to the latest stable and see how it goes. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users