Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD (by Sheson)

DoubleYou

• 1 month later...

The wiki site of DynDOLOD is filled with broken images because the imagehost copy.com claims to be in maintenance. Would be nice if somebody could fix this mess up for this is really the most complicated part of the STEP setup right now.

Edited by TuxedoMarty

The wiki site of DynDOLOD is filled with broken images because the imagehost copy.com claims to be in maintenance. Would be nice if somebody could fix this mess up for this is really the most complicated part of the STEP setup right now.

It is what it is for a little while. We already have the instructions complete for DynDOLOD 2.0 and will be completely redoing that page when it comes out of Beta. For now, you'll just have to follow the directions without picture guidance.

• 1 month later...

Might I suggest placing a note between the end of DynDOLOD Resource Files section;

Note: Deactivate "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition Cleaned" before running DynDOLOD.

and the beginning of DynDOLOD Output Files.

And another note between step 7 & 8 of Generate DynDOLOD

Note: Reactivate "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition Cleaned" before running LOOT.

​or something to that effect.

​I remembered to do this, but I made a separate list of detailed instructions as I installed each mod.  Even though it is listed on Birds and Flocks detailed instruction page, that page is near the beginning of the 229.2 mod list and DynDOLOD is at the very end.  Giving people plenty of time to forget.

• +1 1

• 2 months later...

I finally got to the last step of STEP (DynDOLOD) and the last step when I run DynDOLOD, set the advanced options and click OK - it immediatley shows me the exit screen.

Might I suggest placing a note between the end of DynDOLOD Resource Files section;

Note: Deactivate "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition Cleaned" before running DynDOLOD.

and the beginning of DynDOLOD Output Files.

And another note between step 7 & 8 of Generate DynDOLOD

Note: Reactivate "Birds and Flocks Hearthfire Edition Cleaned" before running LOOT.

​or something to that effect.

​I remembered to do this, but I made a separate list of detailed instructions as I installed each mod.  Even though it is listed on Birds and Flocks detailed instruction page, that page is near the beginning of the 229.2 mod list and DynDOLOD is at the very end.  Giving people plenty of time to forget.

Well I have to concur with this, that was why it was crashing.
Edited by NewYears1978

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am just wondering if this can eliminate the moss pop in from walls? For example, I am setting the mesh mask/id to dungeons\imperial\exterior, then set the dyndolod options to grid=far full and reference=unchanged. The LODgen options are set to LODs(4,8,16)=blank(none) and VWD is unchecked . Is this the right way of doing it?

oops wrong thread

Edited by Jakolanten

• 1 month later...

There is special instructions concerning Lanterns of Skyrim, is there any reason why STEP don't use them?

EDIT: "Optional: to sync switching of LOD on/off install and overwrite one script from DynDOLOD Patches. Make a backup of the original script first, only change scripts between saves when in an interior."

Is the script provided only if someone want to turn off Lanters of Skyrim LODs at some point? (wich I don't know why I would want that in the first place ^^)

Edited by Zorkha

• 1 month later...

Could somebody please help me?  I got to the part in STEP where you "Generate DynDOLOD."  The script seemed to be running fine until it got stuck ~20 minutes in.  I left it alone for like an hour longer but it kept saying "not responding."  I eventually had to close out of it but I have no idea what went wrong or how to fix it.  Here is my screen cap [x].  Thanks!