STEP 2.2 Papyrus Log Errors

Deathwing514

Question

Dear Step Community,

I recently finished installing step 2.2 and started a new game to test out the latest version and test out different mods.

However, before I even started testing new mods, I wanted to make sure that there was no errors in the papyrus log before i continued.

So as I opened the log0 to see the error, i knew that 3 of them (native error) was caused by the skyrim engine since the latest patch and riverwood intro was caused by me skipping it all together.

Everything seemed fine, till i got a HUGE REPETITIVE ERROR which I have no clue which mod is effecting it.

Here is the error

[09/14/2012 - 08:26:11PM] error: Property Toormaarfeyn on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (7) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

[09/14/2012 - 08:26:11PM] error: Property Hevnofokriid on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (5) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

[09/14/2012 - 08:26:11PM] error: Property Gaafkrokulaan on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (6) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

[09/14/2012 - 08:26:28PM] error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

.Game.GetFormFromFile() - "" Line ?

[AUA (27004A88)].AUAQuestScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 47

These errors keep repeating themselves and I am at loss for which mod in step is causing it?

Anyone that had a common error that knows of a fix or any suggestion to help me solve this problem will have my thanks

PS: This error doesnt cause any CTD, just have a habit of trying to limit my papyrus log if its not caused by the vanilla engine.

5 answers to this question

first off are you using the beta USKP? there is a known alias issue there use 1.2

I am actually using 1.2 at the moment.

Also just to be on the safe side, I even turned off both Unofficial 1.2 and Dawnguard patch to see if the problem originated there, but so far no luck.

UPDATE: I am currently going through the mod list 5 at a time to find which mod is creating this error message in papyrus. If I find the problem ill let everyone know

After 3 hours of extensive testing of each mod, I have found the culprit and more.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch 1.2 has a papyrus log error

error: Cannot call AddToFaction() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[uSKPOnLoad05 (040239CE)].USKPOnLoad05Script.OnInit() - "USKPOnLoad05Script.psc" Line 85

The error I was getting in my first post was related to

The Paarthurnax Dilemma Mod

error: Property Toormaarfeyn on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (7) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

error: Property Hevnofokriid on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (5) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

error: Property Gaafkrokulaan on script ARTH_QF_TPDKickStart_020012D3 attached to ARTHTPDKickStart (2C0012D3) cannot be bound because (6) on (0003FA16) is not the right type

which repeats multiple times

The other one regarding XFL error is caused by

Auto Unequip Ammo Mod

error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[AUA (27004A88)].AUAQuestScript.OnUpdate() - "AUAQuestScript.psc" Line 47

Another mod with a huge papyrus error is

Wearable Lantern Mod

[09/15/2012 - 12:55:52AM] error: File "XFLMain.esm" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 3818

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.OnInit() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 361

[09/15/2012 - 12:55:52AM] error: File "AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 3819

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.OnInit() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 361

[09/15/2012 - 12:55:52AM] error: File "UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 3820

[09/15/2012 - 12:55:52AM] error: File "Chesko_WearableLantern_Candle.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

stack:

[alias _WL_Player on quest _WL_LanternQuest2 (15007FDB)]._wl_lanternoil_v3.CompatibilityCheck() - "_WL_LanternOil_v3.psc" Line 3825

[09/15/2012 - 12:55:52AM]

and Finally the last mod that has a papyrus log error is

AIMP Ants in my pants mod

[09/15/2012 - 12:25:44AM] error: Object reference has no 3D

stack:

[ (34003480)].Sound.Play() - "" Line ?

[ (3400CB90)].AIMPAntScript.PlayLoop() - "AIMPAntScript.psc" Line 63

[ (3400CB90)].AIMPAntScript.OnLoad() - "AIMPAntScript.psc" Line 26

[09/15/2012 - 12:25:44AM] error: Object reference has no 3D

stack:

[ (34003480)].Sound.Play() - "" Line ?

[ (3400BF98)].AIMPAntScript.PlayLoop() - "AIMPAntScript.psc"

which repeats multiple times

These are all of the step mods that i have extensivly tested that show the papyrus log error.

On a side note, none of these errors has caused me to CTD at all but I wish to see a solution to fixing the papyrus log from showing these errors if possible.

Hopefully someone can give me some insight to some of these errors. or helped someone in the process of what these errors meant if they found them in papyrus logs

Papyrus is famous for providing errors when there really isn't one. Basically the stuff related to XFLMain is those mods checking to see if Extensible Follower Framework is installed, if not then it will bomb out (intentionally so).

Paarthurnax Dilemma I imagine is checking to see if the quest is in your quest book periodically, but obviously if it's not then it also fails.

If your not getting a CTD or save bloat, then I would say it's fine. Messy in the log but what can you do?

I have been contacting each mod author for their feedback regarding these error and will post them as they respond. Hopefully this will help the STEP community understand these errors more effectively.

Mitchalek: Author of Auto Unquip Ammo Responded

It's normal. AUA probes the Extensible Follower Framework mod on game load and it's nothing to worry about.

Steve40 AUthor of AIMP Ants In My Pants Responded

Thanks.

The "Object reference has no 3D" error means that the ant tile (or the cell that it is in) unloaded from memory (probably because the player was too far away). The script has code that will switch itself off asap when this happens, but it will still tend to put a few errors in the logs before it stops. These types of "errors" are a nuisance in the log, but they're harmless, as the game is designed to unload distant cells for game efficiency. I've already got an improved script that will go in the next update, which I'm planning to release next weekend. I also have an improved centipede animation to add to the mod. Cheers.

Arthmoor Author of Paarthurnax Dilemma Responded:

You have another mod somewhere that's overwritten the MQPaarthurnax quest and killed the aliases. Those are all new aliases that were added to that quest.

Regarding the last statement from Arthmoor, it seems there is a step mod that is conflicting with his mod that causes this error to appear.