32 replies to this topic

#16 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

If that's hwo seamless it is... well, that does kind of speak for itself.

#17 brokenpaine

brokenpaine

Prisoner

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

Good info, so this is an obviously replacer for the dilemma mod? I never got around to testing either one of them lol

#18 TheGamingGeneral

TheGamingGeneral

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:26 PM

Huh! Voice acceted? You got my vote for this!

#19 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

Hey, Tech - has anyone taken a serious look at this as a replacement for Dilemma? I only ask because it seems an easy one to do so, but there hasn't been much talk about it.

#20 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

Yes and no. I haven't myself personally due to Dilemma being a requirement of the STEP Patches. I simply don't have time to remove it for proper testing. But I would say this could easily replace Dilemma.

#21 Teabag86

Teabag86

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

After watching the linked video my preference would be for P. Bypass. I think the player dialogue could be expanded a touch more as it is a tad light on. But overall this is much more preferable than the unvoiced dialogue and wordy options for P. Dilemma

#22 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:15 AM

That's kind of my feel as well, but until I have a patch to work with, I can't really test it. Sadly, I don't have the knowledge I need to seperate out Dilemma from the Expanded patch, nor add Bypass into it, if it even needs it.

#23 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:10 AM

There is one record in the STEP Extended patch that includes The Paarthurnax Dilemma. Changing this to instead support Paarthurnax Bypass looks fairly straightforward. I built a version of the STEP patch with this substitution, but I haven't rested it yet (I don't think it's easy to test).

#24 Shadriss

Shadriss

Jarl

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Well, if we get into serious testing, at least that part would be done at some level. As I said - I have zero ability to handle that kind of thing, and I'll always support voiced mods vs. wordy non-voiced options (assuming decent voice acting, of course... if it were like the original Two Worlds... *shudder*).

Edited by Shadriss, 16 October 2015 - 06:25 PM.

#25 christopherleegallant

christopherleegallant

Prisoner

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

There is one record in the STEP Extended patch that includes The Paarthurnax Dilemma. Changing this to instead support Paarthurnax Bypass looks fairly straightforward. I built a version of the STEP patch with this substitution, but I haven't rested it yet (I don't think it's easy to test).

would you be willing to make said file available for others?

#26 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

I'm voting this a yes for STEP to replace The Paarthurnax Dilemma. Just need one more Staff level member to say yes or a couple Testers/Contributors/Moderators approval.

#27 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

I vote against it. I didn't like the way the dialogue was shoved into the game. If I had to pick between the two, I choose Paarthurnax Dilemma.

#28 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

Who's actually been able to test it? I have not this worklord for these classes I'm taking is going to kill me.

#29 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:28 AM

I vote against it. I didn't like the way the dialogue was shoved into the game. If I had to pick between the two, I choose Paarthurnax Dilemma.

Not sure I follow. I thought it was integrated fairly well; better than Dilemma.

#30 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:22 AM

I think this one will have to wait till after things settle from USLEEP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: testing, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users